The days are getting longer

D

Deleted member 60

Still cruisin' along here. We are being blessed by 80F days and 40F nights. A bit of frost this week but the girls don't give a fuck.

The pic I showed above in my last update of the weird ass leafed plant ended up being a boy. Very late to show. The kinda guy who could fuck ya good in a guerilla garden.

For future reference/info....the shade cloth DID hurt the yield a bit. It's been off for 3 weeks+ now but I can definitely see some differences from past years...mainly in what is/what isn't high yielding plants. Some did what you'd expect and fattened right up...others have taken their time. It's no biggie and I see it as a good learning experience. It also reminds me why I tend to go overboard a "bit" on plant counts. Nobody is coming by after-the-fact to make up losses should "shit happen"...and you know it will.
DSC_4047.JPG

Clearwater GMO x Mai Tai
DSC_4048.JPG

'Rado Cherry Fucker

DSC_4049.JPG

'Rado Fuzzy Pie

DSC_4050.JPG

Double Dawg Biscuits F2 - These are very nice. Very fat/dense with a good nose. Kinda cleanery/perfumy/sweet. Can't peg it but it's nice.
DSC_4051.JPG
More DDB

DSC_4052.JPG
DDB again.... this lady is super frosted up

DSC_4054.JPG

C99 x Headbanger Must be a 9-10 weeker 'cus they are just now chunking up...

DSC_4055.JPG

4-5 more 80F days on tap....then we hit mid 60's and likely freezing temps. PERFECT for drying in the garage. Right now it's 75F in there...

They got their last nutrient 1 week ago so I'm just winding shit down and ridin' the ride.

D

Deleted member 60

Pullin the shade cloth made a huge difference over the last 3+ weeks. Everyone went ahead and chunked up...and the frost is off the hook on some of these cultivars.

I took down the first 4 plants today. Our weather has been very nice for this time of year but we're about to crash a bit...possibly into the 20's for lows for a couple of nights. We've already had a few freezing nights and a number of mid-30's nights with light frost as well but this is the first time they are forecasting lows below freezing and we are usually 5-7 degrees colder than their forecast. Brought the Double Dawgs in for a more intensive trim. Ditto the Fuzzy Pies. Very frosted...one smells like a musty cork from a bottle of wine....the other has a grapefruit'ish tag. Also brought in a Cherry Fucker that is actually cherry smelling. I've grown out 6-7 of these and while they were nice...there were no real cherry terps. I like cherry terps. Trimming these for smoking buds as well...

And we'll see tomorrow who else gets "trimmed up" .....and who gets the hash treatment of "trim the fans...rough cut anything else that stick out...and chop that fucker in the bag". Heehee. The 4 plants I took today each gave me a PACKED gallon zip full of buds. SUPER frosty. Just not super dense. Pretty sure they were GP PP crosses...2 Blue Dream...a Bubblegum...and I think the last one was a PP S-1.

Lots of (unmarked) Clearwater Creamsickle and Mai Tai crosses in there. Tons of frost but not a lot of DEEP terps. Great pot for hash but lacking for bud smoking for my tastes. Chunky nugs. Lots of purples. They all kinda stack the same. Good yields. Sure didn't get hurt on 'em but I have yet to find any super special plants in their wares.

Gonna trim some up tonight and hit it hard tomorrow...and may yank the rest inside/finish em up just in case it gets super cold.

D

Deleted member 60

"I've got blisters on me fingers..." :D

Still trimmin'...or whackin' to be more precise. I think there are about 12 remaining. 4 are gonna run for a bit. C99 x Headbangers. Like I said in the Heisen thread...I'm hopin these terp up a bit more cus I woulda thought this crossing would slay on terps. They are MUY frosty...but the terps... well.. yeah. 1 of 4 has a stink... but the other 3 are kinda weak.

I'll get some pics later. We've taken down some really PRETTY plants with greens/golds/red/almost black leaves. Those 30 degree mornings really get em goin in that regard if they have the genetics within to respond to the colder temps.

Gotta get this shit done so I can find the tent (LOL) and showcase how well I can kill indoor plants for the contest. I sure hope there's a last place prize...LOL. Thinking of doing my own comparison contest between the PLCG, the Chernobyl, and some cherry shit I think I'm gonna buy and run (and hope is the shit) to check out for next year's outdoor run.

D

Deleted member 60

Down to 7. Still babying the C99's.... and still have a couple of Heisen's Zafiro's goin'. We had to take a break from trimming....LOL. Fuckin' A.

Been pulling em in/out of the garage daily...and it's been 80F the last few days....so they are likin' it. The C99's are truly just now finishing up. I'm guessing they are about 10-11 weeks in...but they are stinkin' and are much denser than they were when we pulled em inside 9 days ago.DSC_4087.JPG

DSC_4084.JPG
DSC_4085.JPG
Zafiro
DSC_4089.JPG

Attachments

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Down to 7. Still babying the C99's.... and still have a couple of Heisen's Zafiro's goin'. We had to take a break from trimming....LOL. Fuckin' A.

Been pulling em in/out of the garage daily...and it's been 80F the last few days....so they are likin' it. The C99's are truly just now finishing up. I'm guessing they are about 10-11 weeks in...but they are stinkin' and are much denser than they were when we pulled em inside 9 days ago.View attachment 131491

View attachment 131492
View attachment 131493
Zafiro
View attachment 131494
I admire your industry!

D

Deleted member 60

I admire your industry!
Dude...you've been around long enough to know it isn't about being industrious....it's that growing addiction thing...LOL>

FWIW....this year has been cake walk compared to 3 years ago when it snowed 18" on Sept 9th and we drug 45 plants in the garage...then drug them all in and out for 3 weeks til they "finished". (saw my first PM here in CO in 30+ years on that grow because of the humidity swings) It's definitely nice to let something run its due course. We got well over 130 days of growing season this year. The year it snowed (2020) we only eeeked out 90 days.

And like these C99's...sometimes you are rewarded well for the extra effort.

D

Deleted member 60

Mother Nature ended our season last night/this AM with 6" of snow and Winter temps for a few days. I've never pushed it this far into October...so no complaints.

Took the last 2 Black Zafiro down yesterday afternoon. The extra time really made em shine...literally. I also think they took on a far deeper stank. Very Stardawg'ish/garlic/chem. Very frosty. Very easy trimming. We also took down the last unknown girl. Guessing...I'd say she was a PP cross.

Hit the C99 x Headbangers today. We saved the entire smallest plant. It had the most stank. Just chunky AF from top to bottom. We also saved tops from the other 3 plants and then did the deed and froze everything for hash. Again...nicely frosted stuff and some very dense, walnut to golf ball sized nugs up the stem and beautiful tops. Still not as much stank as I'd hoped overall...but we'll see what's truly there after they dry/are jarred for a bit.

Definitely the skinniest leaves in the garden.

DSC_4095.JPG

Definitely a decent season. No real weather but heat. No rot. No intrusions.

But I need more terps. Either more consistency in the seed...or go back to clones. I know there can be some decent consistency because 2 of the selections were plants I'd grown before and have basically burned through the pack...each seed offering a nice, terpy cultivar. To grow so many Creamsickle/Mai Tai crosses and not find much of note is sad...and it's happened twice. Good, frosty plants but not great frosty plants. There were 7 plants out of 40+ that had some good stank to em...none of which were anything in those crosses. That's a suck ass ratio.

But the freezer is packed full...so it could be worse. Definitely a decent season.

Attachments