The days are getting longer

D

Deleted member 60

Hey @stiickygreen is your hoop house cover plastic or a fabric mesh? Looking great by the way
It's a 22% white mesh shade cloth. I bought it to drop when it looked like severe weather/hail...cus we get that stuff when/if it rains here. Only marble sized....but at times it can be rock hard and does quite a bit of damage. I toyed with the idea last year of just leaving in down...cus I gotta yank/pull and maneuver and stand on a 8 ft step ladder to bungee it up to the top rail. Had a rope system in place the first few years but the rope rotted...LOL.

So this year I'm just growing under it...no up/down shit. So far....I see no real difference. The sun here is strong....2X the UV folks get at sea level....so it's really, IMO, a nice rest for em mid-afternoon when it's ragin out there bigly. Veggie gardens seems to be lovin' it as well. Everything in that garden is also under a cover this year. The white cloth bounces a lot of good light around, IMO.

I may have to put the M/F ladies in the veggie garden cus the hoop is...um...full. LOL. Fuckin' old people. Oh how I wish it was the 90's again...LOL. $$$

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
@1oldfart .... My neighbors always offered up coop cleanings but they use straw for bedding. The hemp products are really nice...though they are a pricey choice for bedding. Must be some good "mulch". ;-)

Bought the smart pots. They came FAST from 24/7 garden. Did the deed over the last few days. Fuckin hot work. Thought I had enough soil but I was mistaken. I broke down the pots from last year but still had to re-up for some more Roots...but for what I ended up with...it's a small price to pay to play. Haven't bought soil for weed for awhile. Fuckers got me this time though...heehee. Still have the M/F to sex (upfront left in pic) and then up-pot. Seeing alternating nodes on some now so I know we're on the brink. They are definitely starting the stretch....

But I got all of the >girls< in their new shoes. I kept laughing everytime I potted one up with no tag. Gonna be interesting to see who I can peg once the stank comes to town. Hard to get em all in the shot but you get the gist. Smallest pot for these fems is 13 gal. Fabrics are 15's. A few kiddie toy bucket 20 galloners in there as well.

View attachment 129352
healthy looking lot ,from my back yard!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
It's a 22% white mesh shade cloth. I bought it to drop when it looked like severe weather/hail...cus we get that stuff when/if it rains here. Only marble sized....but at times it can be rock hard and does quite a bit of damage. I toyed with the idea last year of just leaving in down...cus I gotta yank/pull and maneuver and stand on a 8 ft step ladder to bungee it up to the top rail. Had a rope system in place the first few years but the rope rotted...LOL.

So this year I'm just growing under it...no up/down shit. So far....I see no real difference. The sun here is strong....2X the UV folks get at sea level....so it's really, IMO, a nice rest for em mid-afternoon when it's ragin out there bigly. Veggie gardens seems to be lovin' it as well. Everything in that garden is also under a cover this year. The white cloth bounces a lot of good light around, IMO.

I may have to put the M/F ladies in the veggie garden cus the hoop is...um...full. LOL. Fuckin' old people. Oh how I wish it was the 90's again...LOL. $$$
day before yesterday it hailed hard here some places it was the size of a golf ball,shit striped small sticks and dead stuff it had enough mass to trim those off! the outie took a hell of a beating , not sure about a couple of them ,we shall see ,give em a week and go back.

D

Deleted member 60

day before yesterday it hailed hard here some places it was the size of a golf ball,shit striped small sticks and dead stuff it had enough mass to trim those off! the outie took a hell of a beating , not sure about a couple of them ,we shall see ,give em a week and go back.
Any updates? Did they survive?

Cruising along here. Wish some of these were marked so I could tag the "breeder" whose (2) seeds/plants went full herm. Gotta say that in 8 years outside I've not seen a full blown herm form up. Usually I miss a flower and get a few seeds...but nothing like this. No worries. I have enough plants to absorb the loss. The only real bum out is that I've been gifting out seed to friends....and I hope nobody else has this level of fun. I caught em real early. Others aren't as lucky/on it/as OCD about watching for such BS.

Seeing flowers starting to form. Hoping the stretch is done...or letting up. Didn't really want a forest of trees...LOL. Just too hard to fuck with.

On the topic of Cindy Bangers, Mendo cookies, Double Dawg Biscuits F2's....aka...the "regular" seeds....I'm sure they will show soon....but I'm not seeing ANY boy parts yet....just hints of girls. Gonna blow my mind if most are females. Will be an epic harvest cus I didn't plan on it. I'm usually the guy who pops the 10 pack and gets ONE runt female...LOL. We will see. These were all freebies with FEM orders...so hey...whatever. Just glad to get rid of the packs I've been holding for a bit and not let em go to waste.

I'lll try to remember to drag the camera out there later. How's you OD going this year? Pretty quiet in here...

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

Cruising along here. Wish some of these were marked so I could tag the "breeder" whose (2) seeds/plants went full herm. Gotta say that in 8 years outside I've not seen a full blown herm form up. Usually I miss a flower and get a few seeds...but nothing like this. No worries. I have enough plants to absorb the loss. The only real bum out is that I've been gifting out seed to friends....and I hope nobody else has this level of fun. I caught em real early. Others aren't as lucky/on it/as OCD about watching for such BS.

Seeing flowers starting to form. Hoping the stretch is done...or letting up. Didn't really want a forest of trees...LOL. Just too hard to fuck with.

On the topic of Cindy Bangers, Mendo cookies, Double Dawg Biscuits F2's....aka...the "regular" seeds....I'm sure they will show soon....but I'm not seeing ANY boy parts yet....just hints of girls. Gonna blow my mind if most are females. Will be an epic harvest cus I didn't plan on it. I'm usually the guy who pops the 10 pack and gets ONE runt female...LOL. We will see. These were all freebies with FEM orders...so hey...whatever. Just glad to get rid of the packs I've been holding for a bit and not let em go to waste.

I'lll try to remember to drag the camera out there later. How's you OD going this year? Pretty quiet in here...
down to two outie both heavyly trimed 1 6 limb, 1 looks like what is left may make something the rest were beat to a pulp oh the wildlife , aint it grand, on the plus side they haven't flooded.

D

Deleted member 60

you are fixing to have a pile of males then you can spread em out!
Shit is gonna get spread out soon.....some of the row crops are nearing the end in the veggie garden. Once that happens a whole buncha space will open up. The plan is to put the regs in there and leave the fems in the hoop. I did see the first balls this AM....so it's >game on< from here on out.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Shit is gonna get spread out soon.....some of the row crops are nearing the end in the veggie garden. Once that happens a whole buncha space will open up. The plan is to put the regs in there and leave the fems in the hoop. I did see the first balls this AM....so it's >game on< from here on out.
Done cullin males now it's hermi watch! I pulled balls on the lower part of a bcsxfc last night(3 of em).

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
7100 ft.

Found 6 boys this AM. As ya might suspect...all but one were the tallest plants. 3 c99 x headbanger, 2 Double Dawg Biscuits and a Mendo cookies. The other Mendo looks to be a female. Should get to the final count soon.
I'm at 5200' but I grow indoors so it doesn't matter. Gives me an excuse when I run out of breath, tho.

Well, that and I'm OLD!

D

Deleted member 60

The bamboo forest has arrived. I'd love to just let em be...but like this year...it's so rare we get storms that they don't get beat around/etc....so when it does get wild I loose a lot of branches cus they just aren't sturdy enough to hold the added weight of the water on the branches.

Used every fuckin' bamboo I had on hand....
DSC_4017.JPG

You can catch a glimpse of the M/F plants (Double Dawg biscuits F2 and C99 x Karma Headbanger) I have going in the "outdoor gardens" thread.
One of the DDB is pretty funky lookin'. Not sure if it's an errant seed that made its way in by mistake....or I'm growing a Greenpoint "Mimosa S1" again. (was hemp or some shit. Remember those?) Either way...it's the only plant in the entire mix that has this leaf structure. None of the rest of the DDB's have leaves like this one. Keeping my eye on it.

Attachments

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

my outie got wrecked two partial plants left!hail stones will fuck shit up, especally when they are ping pong ball size,bunch of roofing crews working the area now,not to say anything about crews replaceing sideing on houses!ins.agent says it will be two or three weeks before i see a ins. rep to see about the roof. :(study on metal roof this time for sure!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
my outie got wrecked two partial plants left!hail stones will fuck shit up, especally when they are ping pong ball size,bunch of roofing crews working the area now,not to say anything about crews replaceing sideing on houses!ins.agent says it will be two or three weeks before i see a ins. rep to see about the roof. :(study on metal roof this time for sure!
I saw a story on the local news yesterday where a chunk of ice the size of a toaster oven went through some dude's roof in MA. They think it fell from a plane that flew over.