The days are getting longer

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I get antsy after the winter solstice to start dropping beans. I still haven't picked my favs for the photos but it looks like it might be the the Raspberry Boogie, Sweet Zkittles and Homecoming Queen for now (still no clue on the other few photos). I'll be doing a decent run of autos for seed since my season is short.

I'll be running the photos and autos in 2 gal fabric pots and already have the dep schedule set. I need to get my indoor game going, dropping beans once a year is no bueno for me.

What about the rest of you outdoor (indoor/ greenhouse) vatos, any cool plans for 2023?

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
The plants on the right tray are the clones I took last year for seed and the plants on the left are cuts from them that recently moved from small cups to the yogurt containers. I'm still torn what to keep since I have not been able to get a proper taste of each the last two seasons.

20221222_204419.jpg

The plants are arranged the same on both trays.
1. Sour Diesel x Bangin Ticket
2. Sweet Zkittles
3. Raspberry Boogie
4. Martian Mean Green x Skywalker
5. Royal Kush
6. Homecoming Queen
7. GDP

Most of you guys would've tossed them out a long time ago but someone has to be the bottom of the curve lol.

POhippie

Is anyone else been getting excited for the next season?

Most of you are finished processing this years crop or close to it but, does anyone have next years varieties selected yet?
I am very excited for this season I'm gonna try to do an outdoor grow this year it's almost warm enough

POhippie

Hell yeah vato! Take photos and show off the skills.

I've been rummaging through my library and think I'm going to do a bunch of the questionable genetics and a couple of the breeder labeled beans. Just haven't figured out what
Sounds awesome and what do you consider to be questionable genetics?

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I made three orders from them and the third time they took my money but never sent the seeds and gave me the run around saying that they didn't have an order number. Long story short I'm buying direct or sealed packs from vetted seed banks.

Hand written blister packs on the second order should have been a clue not to make a third.20230501_082705.jpg

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
I made three orders from them and the third time they took my money but never sent the seeds and gave me the run around saying that they didn't have an order number. Long story short I'm buying direct or sealed packs from vetted seed banks.

Hand written blister packs on the second order should have been a clue not to make a third.View attachment 127627
Can you take a picture of the other side?

D

Deleted member 60

Yo folks. Pretty quiet in here. Are folks at Discord? Instagram? No matte...I don;t do either...LOL. Fucking old people.

It's a huge mish-mash of variety/shit that needed popped here this year as well. Got started a bit late. Just couldn't find the mojo. This is my first year of not sitting up a light and firing shit off in the greenhouse under natural light/length of day with the FEMS. Popped a bevy/variety of Punch crosses from H....Cannarado....Honest. Did a mix of Clearwater Creamsicle crosses as well. I decided that there's not enough variety in any of it so I didn't label any of em...LOL. Most will get the hash treatment anyway unless they just reek like fuck. Did some Esos. I really just went through the collection and picked shit that has done well that i don;t want to let just sit/get old/etc.

I also got tired of looking at a bunch of the freebie M/F seeds I kept getting with FEM orders. Duh. Duh. Duh. If I wanted regs...I'd buy regs. But I digress. So....I waded through some packs a week or so ago and wet up some stuff I was wondering about. One of the offerings was a freebie from someone here... Double Dawg Biscuits. Dropped all 10. All 10 germed. Popped the remaining "Doho" beans I had not gifted out. "Stank Bubble" from Esos. I think theses are regs (?) Anybody grow these? "Mendo Cookies" from Twenty20....some C99 x Headbanger freebies from I think...Esos... again....just a buncha shit I needed to run and never got around to. Gonna set up a light to do these so I can sex em up and toss the boys.

And I still have a ton of seeds....LOL. (preachin to the choir..LOL) Next year will be the same gig. Wet old stuff up....and see who wants to play......

maybe by then there will be something new around...

be safe out there

D

Deleted member 60

I'm LOL at how many of these in the 3-4's (bigger plants) center/right of center) aren't marked. Gonna nose 'em out....and guess. I may further up-pot a handful just to bump the yield. The plants that are marked include the Black Zafiro...GMO x Mai Tai...Cherry Fucker...Fuzzy Pie....Black Lemon Cake. The rest are Punch (Scarlett...Herb...PP S-1/etc.) Creamsickle crosses....Screamsickle...WH Guava....Island Dreamsickle.......blahdeeblah... Those 5 packs for $120 or whatever that was from GLO...and freebies.

DSC_3996.JPG

Selections on left in the Dutch buckets/Ebb/flow remnants (LOL) are the Double Dawg Biscuit F2's... the C99 x Headbangers....and a couple Mendo Cookies from 20/20. The Stank Bubbles and the Doho's all failed to pop. Thought I was gonna sex em up and dump thre males/re-veg but decided they all looked so nice I'd let them free-flow.

M/F plant shot

DSC_3998.JPG

DDB F2 All are pretty uniform plants. Hopin' for a buncha girls... might fuck a couple if the stature stays tight (?) or cross with Mendo or C99/HB.

DSC_3999.JPG

C99 x Headbanger ("Cindy Banger") - These are all fairly uniform as well. Both the 99 and HB should strecth a "bit". ;-) It's been 25+ years since I ran any C99. (anyone run the newer Grimm stock? Comments?)

DSC_4000.JPG

And....these are all grown in 50/50 compost (on bottom) and Roots Original on top. The compost is made mostly from shredded cardboard boxes...(no colored ink)....a bit of grass...oak leaves...humic.... Aged 12 months. Fuckers closed to recycle center in town a year+ ago and I bought a shredder the next day. This year we got chickens....so next year it will be even more potent...LOl. Bwwwwaaaak! No ferts yet. Just worm tea and mychorrizae so far. Have a couple big bags of Dr Earth Bud/Bloom and am gonna top dress everyone well in a few weeks and let things run... Still could use to mulch em....just haven't gotten around to it....... Thanks for lookin' in.....

D

Deleted member 60

Looks like your mix is going to get better and better amigo. Have you played with biochar or rock dust yet?
Some Azomite would be a good addition, for sure. Suggestions on biochar? I'm looking hard on Crazedlist and FB Marketplace for more "Compost Tumblers". You'd freak how nice this shit is after 3 months in the tumbler and season of sitting idle. Beautiful stuff

Slight change on the above plantings. Decided everything looks so good that I bought 25 - 15 gallon smart pots from 24/7 and more Dr. Earth for a big up-potting sesh. Have another dozen or so 5+ galloners on hand as well....so we'll adjust and get everything into some bigger shoes. Shit is just drying out too fast in the 3-4 gallon pots @ 95F. Like...daily. Will help bump the yield and allow a day or two between waterings. Win-win.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I'm LOL at how many of these in the 3-4's (bigger plants) center/right of center) aren't marked. Gonna nose 'em out....and guess. I may further up-pot a handful just to bump the yield. The plants that are marked include the Black Zafiro...GMO x Mai Tai...Cherry Fucker...Fuzzy Pie....Black Lemon Cake. The rest are Punch (Scarlett...Herb...PP S-1/etc.) Creamsickle crosses....Screamsickle...WH Guava....Island Dreamsickle.......blahdeeblah... Those 5 packs for $120 or whatever that was from GLO...and freebies.

View attachment 129157

Selections on left in the Dutch buckets/Ebb/flow remnants (LOL) are the Double Dawg Biscuit F2's... the C99 x Headbangers....and a couple Mendo Cookies from 20/20. The Stank Bubbles and the Doho's all failed to pop. Thought I was gonna sex em up and dump thre males/re-veg but decided they all looked so nice I'd let them free-flow.

M/F plant shot

View attachment 129158

DDB F2 All are pretty uniform plants. Hopin' for a buncha girls... might fuck a couple if the stature stays tight (?) or cross with Mendo or C99/HB.

View attachment 129159

C99 x Headbanger ("Cindy Banger") - These are all fairly uniform as well. Both the 99 and HB should strecth a "bit". ;-) It's been 25+ years since I ran any C99. (anyone run the newer Grimm stock? Comments?)

View attachment 129160

And....these are all grown in 50/50 compost (on bottom) and Roots Original on top. The compost is made mostly from shredded cardboard boxes...(no colored ink)....a bit of grass...oak leaves...humic.... Aged 12 months. Fuckers closed to recycle center in town a year+ ago and I bought a shredder the next day. This year we got chickens....so next year it will be even more potent...LOl. Bwwwwaaaak! No ferts yet. Just worm tea and mychorrizae so far. Have a couple big bags of Dr Earth Bud/Bloom and am gonna top dress everyone well in a few weeks and let things run... Still could use to mulch em....just haven't gotten around to it....... Thanks for lookin' in.....
old boy across the road has birds ,i get eggs there ,feed birds leftovers from home, then help clean the coop 1st a year that goes in the mulch pile i have ,he doesnt garden any longer.

D

Deleted member 60

@1oldfart .... My neighbors always offered up coop cleanings but they use straw for bedding. The hemp products are really nice...though they are a pricey choice for bedding. Must be some good "mulch". ;-)

Bought the smart pots. They came FAST from 24/7 garden. Did the deed over the last few days. Fuckin hot work. Thought I had enough soil but I was mistaken. I broke down the pots from last year but still had to re-up for some more Roots...but for what I ended up with...it's a small price to pay to play. Haven't bought soil for weed for awhile. Fuckers got me this time though...heehee. Still have the M/F to sex (upfront left in pic) and then up-pot. Seeing alternating nodes on some now so I know we're on the brink. They are definitely starting the stretch....

But I got all of the >girls< in their new shoes. I kept laughing everytime I potted one up with no tag. Gonna be interesting to see who I can peg once the stank comes to town. Hard to get em all in the shot but you get the gist. Smallest pot for these fems is 13 gal. Fabrics are 15's. A few kiddie toy bucket 20 galloners in there as well.

DSC_4006.JPG