The Christmas Tent

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I need to get one of those but I'm being cheap. I bought a lot of stuff as part of getting started and need to space out new purchases a bit. 😁
If you're a DIY'er, anything tall enough for the plants, and any clear plastic over it that you can allow gradually more airflow into will let you 'temper' them easier.

For me it's the fumble-fingers stuff with cup-lids and breaking baby plants :)

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
At least if they are all girls you can cull the weaker plants and have a stronger run this time. I'm curious to see the stats on it once you find out. If you have a plant count issue have you thought of going with feminised? I know you do autos as well.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Sorry going to answer a bunch. I did as I said I would. Moved the cups of a bit, left it a couple days, then took the cups off. They all seem fine. I'll post a picture tomorrow when it is light.

The one seed (mms EEEEE) where I had to pry the tap room out of seems to have perished. But I'm not surprised. The other two EEEEE seeds are fine.

I wanted to grow a batch of regular seeds and a few different cultivars so I can see how regular seeds grow. They will serve as a baseline for everything else. Maybe. 😁

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Oh, my wife and I smoked some of the C4 from my first grow tonight. Our experience matches the FastBuds website: "A joyful balance of Indica and Sativa. The effects of C4 are therefore balanced and somewhat more mellow. Users will experience a light head rush to begin with, that slowly morphs into a more relaxing deep body high." It's reasonably strong, but mostly wears off after an hour or so but lingers in a mellow but not a couch lock state for quite a while after. I'm pretty happy. 😀

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Here are the 8 new seedlings moved into my tent. One downside of the covers is that they stretch a bit. One needed a little propping up.

new_seeds.jpg

Not sure what happened here. I did loose a seed and started another one. But I don't think the one on the left is a cannabis seedling. I'll let it go for now and see what it turns into. 😁

double.jpg

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Finally transplanted these today into 1 gal pots. I probably should have done this last weekend. The Missy's Stash was really root bound. And yes, I have too many plants in this space. :D

transplant.jpg

While transplanting I found this mangey old elastic in my soil. :unsure:

elastic.jpg

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Just a Easter Sunday update. I tried mixing half soil and half compost and it didn't go well. After a bit of emergency care I think they are heading in the right direction. I'm a little bummed because I was feeling pretty good about being able to grow and try new things. I guess the key is small incremental changes rather than big jumps.

sunday.jpg

On a side note, some of the newer branches have 7 leaves which is new for me.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I feel like my first grow was easy and that this one is turning into a hot mess. I'm tempted to flip these now and get this grow over with so I can try again. I may up pot a few of the plants into 3 gal pots after I see which are male and which are female. Nothing is dying, but none of these plants are healthy. I'd like to blame the soil, but it may haven been something else that I messed up.

progress20200419.jpg

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I feel like my first grow was easy and that this one is turning into a hot mess. I'm tempted to flip these now and get this grow over with so I can try again. I may up pot a few of the plants into 3 gal pots after I see which are male and which are female. Nothing is dying, but none of these plants are healthy. I'd like to blame the soil, but it may haven been something else that I messed up.

View attachment 56565
Just relax take the time to let them recover and then flip . U put in the work why rush it. They look healthy just may be overwatered or too much nutes. They will recover soon 👍also I never really give him anything other than worm castings to start when I repot the root system isn't ready for it yet in my opinion

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Uhg, I feel like this grow is going south on me. The cotyledon leaves are yellowing already.

The roots are starting to circle the bottom of the cup so I am going to up pot them soon. Maybe today. I know I said I was going to use Coast of Maine Bar Harbor blend for one of the plants, but now I'm thinking that may be a bad choice. I think I'll up pot them both to FFOF.

View attachment 56568
Hey man. Can't post in the gallery with this so i thought i would bring it to your journal. I am no expert but i think your issue is over-watering. Those seedlings being so small don't need to be soaked through. How often are you watering them like that?

And it is obviously your call but i would hold off on the up-pot it I were you. They could still use time to develop a healthier root system before you transplant. Let them recover from their current stress then up-pot them. That way you're also not risking transplant stress on top of the dampening off issue. Plus if you're using FFOF while they're stressed and young be careful feeding as it is a pretty well balanced blend on its own.

Also, you could put some tape around the clear cup so the roots aren't exposed to light. Not a necessity but it would reduce some of their stress.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it could be helpful.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Just a Easter Sunday update. I tried mixing half soil and half compost and it didn't go well. After a bit of emergency care I think they are heading in the right direction. I'm a little bummed because I was feeling pretty good about being able to grow and try new things. I guess the key is small incremental changes rather than big jumps.

View attachment 55980

On a side note, some of the newer branches have 7 leaves which is new for me.
So it typically is easier and healthier to do small changes at a time. You gotta think, the plants are living things and we control their environment. Any changes to their environment can slow their growth or even stress them out. Sometimes it is honestly better to just leave them alone and let them just balance out.

Congrats on 7 blades by the way.

View attachment 56565
Your first grow was easier because when you made mistakes you didn't know you had. Now you do and you are beating yourself up on it. Just grow your babies. Keep it simple stoner.

Same observation i had for your seedlings. They look over-watered. These also look under fed. Though it could be your pH is off and your roots are experiencing lock out so they can't intake any of the food.

I would recommend checking the pH of your water and of your soil. See if that is your issue first. Let them dry out for a day or two. Let the soil get completely dry. Make sure it is totally dry before you water again. What are you feeding with and how much?

I agree with @sfrigon1 about letting them get better before you do anything. Flipping them to flower now would be a waste. You've put time and love in to them. See it through and see if you can fix them before you consider it a wash.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

View attachment 56565
Look at previous posts. They started going downhill when you transplanted. If you are committed to using your compost stuff, it seems you need to treat it like nutrients as far as the ratio to regular soil.

I personally am trying to simplify. I use new soil every grow. Something designed for weed as is. I don't consider FFOF among those "weed friendly as is" soils. You may have found another. I have had great results with the other FF soil, Happy Frog soil is fine. I've tried using Root Organic Greenfields lately and get similar results to the FFHF.

I would rather have a "mild" soil that is consistent every grow - then add food when the plants need it. These soils are "starter" soils to me. They have some food there, and a good base of micronutes, mycho's and bacteria - but will not burn the plant once they have roots established. I use a different "seed starter" soil for the solo-cup stage.

This is a fun hobby when it is going well, and a frustrating mess other times. Considering the desire to have a good end result, I have been eliminating/simplifying. The plants are gonna make buds, so keeping the plant healthy overrides trying to add tons of stuff to "make better buds" :)

Big Perm

Budtender

View attachment 56565
Just looking at the leaves here is what I would go off of:
You might be light bleaching them.
They look like they need more NPK in general.
You're pH could be off.
They look overwatered.

So, that's all a problem. Back the light off, way off. You also need to feed them, but can't. So, get a fan in there to dry them out. Then once they dry out and start to perk up, add nutes to the next watering and up the light intensity.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Just looking at the leaves here is what I would go off of:
You might be light bleaching them.
They look like they need more NPK in general.
You're pH could be off.
They look overwatered.

So, that's all a problem. Back the light off, way off. You also need to feed them, but can't. So, get a fan in there to dry them out. Then once they dry out and start to perk up, add nutes to the next watering and up the light intensity.
I think every part of this is correct. I measured the pH of the water I was using and it was 7.5. I haven't measured it in a while since it was running 6.5 or so. I backed off on the lights and let them dry WAY out. They seem better:

update20200426.jpg

And here's a top view:

top20200426.jpg