The Christmas Tent

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Remember with autos they usually thrive with about half the strength nutes as a photo plant, airy ph neutral soil is important. ALSO the lighting schedule is completely different Autos vs Photos, Photos go 11/13 or 12/12 lighting in flower where Your Auto should be getting 20 on / 4 off lighting to get max potential from Your Auto.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I foolishly grew a regular seed in with some autos so the light schedule was 18/6 for a while then 20/4 until I decided when I wanted the regular seed to finish and counted back 8 weeks and flipped to 12/12. Part of the reason for this confusion, besides being new, is I may try the big grow contest starting April 3rd. 😁

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
There's no harm in trying man. Failing is half the fun. Later anyway. While it's happening it isn't as fun. I'm new but I love the idea of pushing my current knowledge. And you grow how you wanna grow. I just want to make sure you get your plants to their full potential.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I'll try and remember to check the runoff ppm after my next watering. 😀
Uh, I can't actually do this. I did measure. The runoff was 894. I water with tap water that measures about 200 ppm. But I remember that I added half to an inch of new FFOF soil to the top of one of my plants. (The regular seed.) And decided to add a teaspoon of Grow Big to the gallon of water I used to water. (It's what I have on hand.) So the measurements aren't valid. But I can see how adding some nutrients helps.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Glad you checked it. Some of the growers here are in tune enough with their plants they know what they need just glancing. Those of us that are a bit newer need to stay on our toes a bit longer i believe. Get some big bloom if you don't want to over do it. It is a great supplement from fox farm.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
I like the coloration you've got on the first picture. Are you going to flush? I doubt you need to as you don't really feed. Technically I don't flush. I just swapped to water in the last few weeks.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Weekly checkin. Getting close to the end. With two weeks or so to go I think this plant is going to have the largest flowers:

View attachment 51352

But this plant is the one that makes me happy:

View attachment 51353

It has about 4 weeks or so to go.
Looks pretty! And I am happy to say you may have more than two weeks. Unless you get crazy foxtails that continue growing you shouldn't see any more of those white pistils showing. Don't get in a rush and short change yourself. I'm not even talking about trying to guess the percentage of trichomes or anything. It should gain a lot more frost and plump out more the longer you wait.

Don't hesitate to bug people before you chop and ask "does this look done"? No one will mess with you and screw up your plant :)

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I like the coloration you've got on the first picture. Are you going to flush? I doubt you need to as you don't really feed. Technically I don't flush. I just swapped to water in the last few weeks.
Yep, I'll flush them during the last week or two. I've been adding a little Tiger Bloom since they were getting some yellow leaves and some spotting well before finishing.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
And I am happy to say you may have more than two weeks.

Don't hesitate to bug people before you chop and ask "does this look done"? No one will mess with you and screw up your plant :)
I have 3 plants. 2 autos started a week apart (the first picture above is the one started a week later) and a fast version of a regular (the second picture.) According to the breeder the autos should be done at nine weeks. Next Sunday will be nine weeks for that first plant which is why I'm guessing 2 more weeks. But I have a jeweler's loupe and will keep an eye on the trichome color. 20% amber. :)

Don't worry. I have a big mouth and will ask if I am not sure. 😁

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have 3 plants. 2 autos started a week apart (the first picture above is the one started a week later) and a fast version of a regular (the second picture.) According to the breeder the autos should be done at nine weeks. Next Sunday will be nine weeks for that first plant which is why I'm guessing 2 more weeks. But I have a jeweler's loupe and will keep an eye on the trichome color. 20% amber. :)

Don't worry. I have a big mouth and will ask if I am not sure. 😁
Ditch the calendar :) "9 weeks" is very relative. You really don't even need to start checking trichomes until a lot of the pistils are brown. The reason I am guessing more than two weeks this far out is because I don't see any brown pistils yet. When you start seeing more than a few random ones, like most of the flowers have one or two, then you have about 3 weeks left.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I think I F'd up. The auto that has been going longest (11 weeks) sprouted a bunch of new pistils this week but also has lots of amber trichomes. Leaves where every trichome is amber. But it also has lots of non amber trichomes too. I guess I'm going to chop anything with amber trichomes and leave the rest.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Since I'm finished with my first grow it is time to start some seeds.

2 Ghost Town from Green Point Seeds
2 Chem Cookie Trip from Useful
2 Missy's Stash V2
3 EEEEE by Mass medical Strains

Everything germinated. One of the EEEEE seeds took 4 days in the paper towel and I needed to coax the tap root out of the seed with a pin. I'm pretty sure I killed that one but we'll see if it sprouts. One of the Ghost Town seeds won for biggest tap root/fastest sprout. They are all regular seeds, and if they are all girls I'm screwed since I only have flower space for 4 plants.

cups.jpg

Big Perm

Budtender
Since I'm finished with my first grow it is time to start some seeds.

2 Ghost Town from Green Point Seeds
2 Chem Cookie Trip from Useful
2 Missy's Stash V2
3 EEEEE by Mass medical Strains

Everything germinated. One of the EEEEE seeds took 4 days in the paper towel and I needed to coax the tap root out of the seed with a pin. I'm pretty sure I killed that one but we'll see if it sprouts. One of the Ghost Town seeds won for biggest tap root/fastest sprout. They are all regular seeds, and if they are all girls I'm screwed since I only have flower space for 4 plants.

View attachment 53826
Awesome!
Be careful when you go to take the lids off of those. If you don't let them get used to drier air (dampen) they will shrivel up and die when you uncover them. Typically, sprouts don't like that much humidity, but clones, do.