The Christmas Tent

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Dang! My regular seed plant is showing signs of being a hermaphrodite. Most nodes look like: CM200213-193533001-01.jpeg
But a couple like: CM200213-193637001-01.jpeg
I'm going to keep an eye on it, but I may have to get rid of it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dang! My regular seed plant is showing signs of being a hermaphrodite. Most nodes look like: View attachment 48929
But a couple like: View attachment 48930
I'm going to keep an eye on it, but I may have to get rid of it.
Go easy on the culling. Girls have little things like that (pistillate calyxes) in that location that spit out a pistil. It is not on a stalk, so I think you have a shot that it's not balls.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Okay, that's good news. That's why I want to keep an eye on it.

This is fun. I'm learning a lot. Thanks!
If you have any bud you're smoking, inspect it next time you break down a bud. If you gently push down on the bud parts and break them off without messing with anything near the stem, then look at what is left, you should see the little single calyxes at the base of every little nug. They will be right by the bit of leaf stem that's left :)

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Cannabis is a weird plant. Here's an update on my grow.
IMG_20200215_122911203-01.jpeg
The plant on the right and the one in back came from the same pack. The taller one in back is a week younger than the little one in the right. I guess they are different phenotypes? 🤷‍♂️

Ooooo, trichomes:
IMG_20200215_122928939-01.jpeg

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I pulled this off one of my plants today. It's an auto flower that only has a week or two left (I think. See picture above.) I am assuming it's because it is close to the end? The stem and veins are quite red.

IMG_20200222_135145676.jpg

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Here's weekly update. I think this plant is pretty close. Maybe a week more. I feel like I'm in a "coast". Just making sure the soil doesn't dry out and otherwise keep your hands off and wait...

View attachment 50355
more than a week Bro, look at all the new pistils growing from the top of each bud, Once You see those all turn and the buds quit throwing new pistil growth then You in the ballpark, invest in a jewelers loupe to check , 20% or so Amber you are ready , Can take all cloudy will just be racier . more amber more narcotic.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Leaves will turn fall colours or yellow late in flower , spots are usually a deficiency , give a good bloom feed and cal mag , might be last feed before flush , how many days since flip? Photo or Auto?
It's an auto at 8 weeks in FFOF. Only one feeding with FF Big Bloom a few weeks back. Otherwise just water.

Seed of Memory

Paradise Found
Have you checked your runoff ppm? After a while running straight water is gonna lessen your feed in the FFOF. It's great for a few weeks of no feed but eventually you need to supplement your regimen so you can get those fat buds.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Have you checked your runoff ppm?
No, I haven't checked anything. When I first started this grow I fussed with everything. I realized that this was really bad so now I'm doing as little as possible. This plant is an auto flower. I figured the nutrients in FFOF will be enough to last the grow. I'll need to add some flowering nutrients to the regular seed I have growing since it has at least a few weeks to go.

Since this is my first grow I am just learning what to expect as the plants grow. I expect to make mistakes. But if I get the the end with relatively healthy plants, even if I don't get much yield, I'll consider it a success.

I'll try and remember to check the runoff ppm after my next watering. 😀