Some help needed.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I'll tie them down this time! There's a cage in there somewhere if I can get down to it. Lol

I have some cheeper ph/ppm meters but calibrate them daily if needed. Last grow they got off and ph was at like 4 when I finally realized what was going on. Was going on for like 2-3 weeks. So I kinda learned that lesson the hard way.

Working on humidity. Gotta get an ac in there instead of the dehumidifier now that the weather is changing.
I know i went thru a shit pile of them myself. I finally broke down a bought a good one( blue lab combo meter). A little pricey but if you were to get that one to start with it would be a bargain. Managing your climate will be your biggest challenge. You will shave years off of your learning curve from some of the growers on this site. I wish i would have come to one of these forums when i first started growing. Would have saved a lot of time and frustration. Shit i am a novice compared to a lot of these growers on here. Seems like i learn something new every day on here but i do not mind sharing what i do know.

Streetpro09

Tester
I know i went thru a shit pile of them myself. I finally broke down a bought a good one( blue lab combo meter). A little pricey but if you were to get that one to start with it would be a bargain. Managing your climate will be your biggest challenge. You will shave years off of your learning curve from some of the growers on this site. I wish i would have come to one of these forums when i first started growing. Would have saved a lot of time and frustration. Shit i am a novice compared to a lot of these growers on here. Seems like i learn something new every day on here but i do not mind sharing what i do know.
Thanks for the advice. It sure helps to have a second or third opinion sometimes. I was hesitant to actually join one and post stuff. I've been lurking at thcfarmer, icmag, rollitup, the last several months. Went through some old stuff mostly at thcfarmer following desertsquirrel. But most of that was from 2011. Then found some of @Heisenbubble stuff there and the drama. Long story short I ended up here.

And you too @HydroRed . Thanks for the advice and any in the future!

Streetpro09

Tester
Well I did like you guys said. Dropped ppm to 500 and will continue until they start up taking good instead of raising ppm.

Trimmed allot of lower branches and larffy looking stuff. Probably 3-4 big handfuls. Then bent some tops. Hopefully it'll all work out in the end.

4A8D7B94-3019-433E-A970-9593208CD6F7.jpeg

AA1ED59B-8D6E-4668-AC81-A059D88DD357.jpeg

960B5FC0-224E-41F6-A722-6A621A22DBAC.jpeg

7605936C-27C4-45DE-B757-56DEF1A29093.jpeg

29A54CD4-5293-45E8-9837-37DB3221329F.jpeg

Last edited:

Streetpro09

Tester
Thanks for the quick response. I'll flush and redo nutes to about 400 with no boosters. Yesterday was the first day to add booster at about 40 ppm. Today was the first day in about a week they up took more nutes than water.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks for the quick response. I'll flush and redo nutes to about 400 with no boosters. Yesterday was the first day to add booster at about 40 ppm. Today was the first day in about a week they up took more nutes than water.
Can you take some shoots with the lights out? Might help seeing the true colors. Also can you post nutrient schedule and any additives you are using.

Streetpro09

Tester
Can you take some shoots with the lights out? Might help seeing the true colors. Also can you post nutrient schedule and any additives you are using.
Will do man. Won't be till later cause I'm at work. I'm running Lucas formula and fox farm tiger bloom at 1-2 ml/gal. I use hydrogaurd and have been having to use GH ph up lately.
Here are a few from my phone. Will get more.

This one's from Wed.
8C821A1C-B8D8-41E7-B0A3-98E18A8B00D9.jpeg

This one was about 8-10" down in the canopy.
5AA943DC-5F12-4C5D-8672-9089CD3D5AEF.jpeg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Will do man. Won't be till later cause I'm at work. I'm running Lucas formula and fox farm tiger bloom at 1-2 ml/gal. I use hydrogaurd and have been having to use GH ph up lately.
Here are a few from my phone. Will get more.

This one's from Wed.
View attachment 3385

This one was about 8-10" down in the canopy.
View attachment 3386
Also what lighting set up do you have. The dark color looks like normal genetics. Are you using any calcium magnesium? Is that a 8 week strain?

Streetpro09

Tester
Lights are 600w hps x2. One for each plant. I stopped using calmag at the end of stretch but supplemented mag with epsom. But really haven't done that sense going to the Lucas formula. Switched to Lucas at end of week 3 was seeing some deficiencys with my old mix. Didn't get much color like that with the last run but this run had been better. Yeah I think it's a 8-10 week one. Think I went closer to 70 last run but will have to check my notes. Last run was not nearly as smooth so maybe that why they took so long to finish?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hopefully someone with experience with the Lucas formula can chime in after you post some pictures with lights out. Like Heisen said things happen fast in hydro.Just from what i am seeing i do not see anything alarming in the shots you posted but might look different with a lights out shot. When i first started growing i started with hydro and it was very frustrating for me so i tried coco drain to waste. Liked that method so much i still use it. I know it would be a lot easier if wanted to go the hydro route at this point.

Streetpro09

Tester
Yeah I totally get that. This is my second grow total and I started in hydrp. I don't think there's anything super alarming going on just some different colors that I'm not used to. I'm sure I'm fighting light burn at this point. Not a whole lot I can do about it. Lights are all the way up. Going to vent the hoods this weekend.
My main concern was the dark colors showing up in between the vains. I was thinking it was a P problem but not sure after Heisens comment.

For the last week I've been lowering ppm by topping off with straight ro water. Well wed night ppm got down to 350 for both plants. That seemed kinda low to me so I added tiger bloom at about 40-50 ppm on each tub. Ph to 5.6-5.7. Total ppm about 400 in each. Last night is when I started to really see those dark spots show up. But they seem to be mostly under the lights. Can light stress cause that problem or do you think it's a deficiency?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yeah I totally get that. This is my second grow total and I started in hydrp. I don't think there's anything super alarming going on just some different colors that I'm not used to. I'm sure I'm fighting light burn at this point. Not a whole lot I can do about it. Lights are all the way up. Going to vent the hoods this weekend.
My main concern was the dark colors showing up in between the vains. I was thinking it was a P problem but not sure after Heisens comment.

For the last week I've been lowering ppm by topping off with straight ro water. Well wed night ppm got down to 350 for both plants. That seemed kinda low to me so I added tiger bloom at about 40-50 ppm on each tub. Ph to 5.6-5.7. Total ppm about 400 in each. Last night is when I started to really see those dark spots show up. But they seem to be mostly under the lights. Can light stress cause that problem or do you think it's a deficiency?
If i were you when you get some lights off shots i would PM Mr. Red ( Hydrored). He runs a hydro set up and and has always helped me out when i had questions. Same goes for Heisen he will help out as well.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Whats room temps? If I had to guess on pics alone, they look cold (premature colors/purpling in leaves) and as heisen said, they look to be high in P/K and short on N. If you switch to flower nutes (or add boosters) higher in P/K before they are done stretching, they will fall short on N earlier than normal. Id keep running lucas and add 1-2ml pr gal of Cal/Mg to work as a small bump in N as well.