Some help needed.

Streetpro09

Tester
Alright guys I need some advice. We're at day 29 from flip 3rd of March. I've been losing lower fan leaves for about 2 weeks now. Thinking it's because of no light down low but would like someone to confirm please.

Fallen leaves 3/22
D9D51047-638F-46DC-A176-8B08F43EB813.jpeg

Upper canopy 3/24
4FE4AB49-77E2-400B-8EB6-C059DDBED237.jpeg

Lower canopy 3/24
63E8CEBA-C8A6-412A-94F8-2DB1E972116A.jpeg

Fallen leaves 4/1

BDE93209-73FD-44E2-A5CA-F1E24FF2FF18.jpeg

Under canopy leaves 4/1: Left Plant
7B1EB3ED-6B40-4DF8-A590-F9E7876C7510.jpeg

Under canopy leaves 4/1: Right Plant
8BBC332D-1E29-403D-95AA-0B55CE642CD0.jpeg

Also noticed the last few days some yellowing up top. I'm thinking it's light burn but not too sure. This is my second grow so not sure what to look for. Didn't have these hoods last grow. Yellowing/leaf curl seems to be directly under the reflector.

Right Plant 4/2
3931B3E1-48B6-42C6-AB86-E0765E961C7D.jpeg

7072879E-4011-403E-81ED-6BC13E2B7A72.jpeg

F1C330AC-A37D-44F0-9D2C-6CB216C1C17B.jpeg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Like I said this is only my second grow. So if you see anywhere that can improve please speak up. Dispite my name I'm no pro! Lol. It's a user name Ive had from when i rode BMX 15 years ago. If you need any more info like feed schedule and such just ask. Looking forward to see what you guys have to say.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks guys. Looks like tips are starting to brown up top. Even the ones not directly under the light. Ppm has been dropping slowly. When do you usually boost P for the 3rd time?
I usually only boost the P/K from week 3-7. Weeks 1-3 its still mix of veg/bloom feed until stretch is done, then boost P & K weeks 3-7. Taper feed with fresh water top offs on last week for a 8-9 wk flower time.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Alright guys I need some advice. We're at day 29 from flip 3rd of March. I've been losing lower fan leaves for about 2 weeks now. Thinking it's because of no light down low but would like someone to confirm please.

Fallen leaves 3/22
View attachment 2480

Upper canopy 3/24
View attachment 2481

Lower canopy 3/24
View attachment 2482

Fallen leaves 4/1

View attachment 2483

Under canopy leaves 4/1: Left Plant
View attachment 2484

Under canopy leaves 4/1: Right Plant
View attachment 2485

Also noticed the last few days some yellowing up top. I'm thinking it's light burn but not too sure. This is my second grow so not sure what to look for. Didn't have these hoods last grow. Yellowing/leaf curl seems to be directly under the reflector.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Like I said this is only my second grow. So if you see anywhere that can improve please speak up. Dispite my name I'm no pro! Lol. It's a user name Ive had from when i rode BMX 15 years ago. If you need any more info like feed schedule and such just ask. Looking forward to see what you guys have to say.
My 2 cents work. If she were mine i would do some serious defoliating( lets get some air into this room). Any of those lower fan leave not getting much light should be removed. Also pruning up top just to get some air moving thru that plant. Looks like she is going to be a good yielder

Streetpro09

Tester
I usually only boost the P/K from week 3-7. Weeks 1-3 its still mix of veg/bloom feed until stretch is done, then boost P & K weeks 3-7. Taper feed with fresh water top offs on last week for a 8-9 wk flower time.
Sounds good. That makes sense from what I'm seeing. Kinda. I boosted about 50 ppm of tiger bloom 3 times the first week of flower. Got rid of my red stems and rusty spots down low at the time. I boosted again about 50 ppm at the end of week three. Now I'm on the start of week 5 and seeing some signs of deficiency again. Can I ask how much you boost?

My 2 cents work. If she were mine i would do some serious defoliating( lets get some air into this room). Any of those lower fan leave not getting much light should be removed. Also pruning up top just to get some air moving thru that plant. Looks like she is going to be a good yielder
This was something I was wondering. I just like to leave them on in case of a deficiency. I kinda cut back and deflated some. The left I did bare minimum. Wasnt to sure how much I could take off. Really need a good run outta this one to get us caught up.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Sounds good. That makes sense from what I'm seeing. Kinda. I boosted about 50 ppm of tiger bloom 3 times the first week of flower. Got rid of my red stems and rusty spots down low at the time. I boosted again about 50 ppm at the end of week three. Now I'm on the start of week 5 and seeing some signs of deficiency again. Can I ask how much you boost?

This was something I was wondering. I just like to leave them on in case of a deficiency. I kinda cut back and deflated some. The left I did bare minimum. Wasnt to sure how much I could take off. Really need a good run outta this one to get us caught up.
I use 1-2 ml per gallon of Humboldts "Ginormous" 0-18-16. I dont count by ppm on my boost, just initial feed strength.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
.........snip.......
Always take off more than you think you should. Don't get crazy but you want air to pass easily. Also you want her to concentrate on a few large bud spots then tons of popcorn buds.

Streetpro09

Tester
I use 1-2 ml per gallon of Humboldts "Ginormous" 0-18-16. I dont count by ppm on my boost, just initial feed strength.
If I remember right I think that's about what it came out to each time I did 50 ppm. And it looks like the stuff you use is a bit stronger so it sounds right in my head but not sure if it actually works that way in the real world. Would be curious what kinda total ppm you're running also. I've been about 600 up to till this week. Been backing off ppm slowly every night because rez ppm have been rising slightly though the day. I'm now down to 550. I'm just worried about selling myself short.

Always take off more than you think you should. Don't get crazy but you want air to pass easily. Also you want her to concentrate on a few large bud spots then tons of popcorn buds.
Thanks for the advice. I'll get to trimming over the next few days and I'll post a pic or two here when done.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
If I remember right I think that's about what it came out to each time I did 50 ppm. And it looks like the stuff you use is a bit stronger so it sounds right in my head but not sure if it actually works that way in the real world. Would be curious what kinda total ppm you're running also. I've been about 600 up to till this week. Been backing off ppm slowly every night because rez ppm have been rising slightly though the day. I'm now down to 550. I'm just worried about selling myself short.

Thanks for the advice. I'll get to trimming over the next few days and I'll post a pic or two here when done.
Those PPM's sound good to me. Unless you have it under a 1000w hps they could be a little higher. That plant should not show sign's of under feeding with ppm's that high. When you get to defoliating kind of imagine holes and tunnels thru out the canopy for air to travel thru.

Streetpro09

Tester
Those PPM's sound good to me. Unless you have it under a 1000w hps they could be a little higher. That plant should not show sign's of under feeding with ppm's that high. When you get to defoliating kind of imagine holes and tunnels thru out the canopy for air to travel thru.
Each plant is under its own 600w hps. I'm pretty sure I'm seeing light burn up top. Seeing a little tip burn out toward the edges too. So I'm not positive. You can kinda see on these pictures along with all the edges starting to curl and tips brown.

Taken 4/3
7B5E1C5F-E5F2-45F7-94F1-0C48302F644A.jpeg
BE529200-5BD8-49DE-9B31-57DD91A21E76.jpeg

Here's one that's a little clearer. If you zoom in you can see what I'm talking about. Don't mind the leaves with the tips missing. That was from me pinching tops when they first started flowering. Probably was a little aggressive but you gotta learn some how. Not sure if the discoloring is something to worry about because it still have 4-5 weeks left. At least I think judging from previous runs.

3C78C2EE-7F85-402F-9E63-D7CA79C3165E.jpeg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Each plant is under its own 600w hps. I'm pretty sure I'm seeing light burn up top. Seeing a little tip burn out toward the edges too. So I'm not positive. You can kinda see on these pictures along with all the edges starting to curl and tips brown.

Here's one that's a little clearer. If you zoom in you can see what I'm talking about. Don't mind the leaves with the tips missing. That was from me pinching tops when they first started flowering. Probably was a little aggressive but you gotta learn some how. Not sure if the discoloring is something to worry about because it still have 4-5 weeks left. At least I think judging from previous runs.

What is your distance from the top of the canopy to the light?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

The burnt tips and curled up edges are classic signs of nutrient levels being to high. Be careful with the pk boosters.That being said rely nothing wrong with some burnt tips on your leaves she is telling you that the mix is to strong. Give her a good flush with some water and resume operations. Your 600w hps should be around 18 to 20"

Streetpro09

Tester
The burnt tips and curled up edges are classic signs of nutrient levels being to high. Be careful with the pk boosters.That being said rely nothing wrong with some burnt tips on your leaves she is telling you that the mix is to strong. Give her a good flush with some water and resume operations. Your 600w hps should be around 18 to 20"
Thanks for getting back so quick. I'll be lowering ppm from now. Glad I asked first and didn't boost anything yet. I'll just dump ro water in for awhile. Do you suggest a ppm to shoot for? The lights are probably close to that but less. This was a week ago and they've grow at little sense then. Plus the tips that show the worst are closer. Was thinking of connecting ducting to the hoods would help but now I'm not so sure.
DC07A527-0243-4D19-8115-0A630A2294B0.jpeg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks for getting back so quick. I'll be lowering ppm from now. Glad I asked first and didn't boost anything yet. I'll just dump ro water in for awhile. Do you suggest a ppm to shoot for? The lights are probably close to that but less. This was a week ago and they've grow at little sense then. Plus the tips that show the worst are closer. Was thinking of connecting ducting to the hoods would help but now I'm not so sure.
What are your temps in there? You may have to do some super cropping if you think they are getting to close. You can read up on how to do that. I personally use 2' blue tape right in the center of where i want to bend her down. This will increase your yield as well.They will straiten right back out if you don't tie them down.i am enclosing a picture of the latest crop that i snapped over. This something you might do just to even the canopy out. In your case it looks like you don't have anywhere to bend them over to. meaning you rely need to thin some stuff out of the plant.week 3 WC and MAC super crop 002.JPG

Attachments

Streetpro09

Tester
Ppm is just a reference and shouldnt be the only factor in feed. It will be different from grow to grow, strain to strain. Capt is giving good advice. You gotta read the plant more than the ppm meter.
Yeah I get that. I check ppm every morning (their morning not mine) and adjust accordingly along with ph. Here's last month. My adjustments are to the right of the line and pre adjustment measurement on the left of the line. Just giving an idea of how I've been feeding so far.
9397BFF6-4406-4D20-9574-8105D20ACCCE.jpeg
What are your temps in there? You may have to do some super cropping if you think they are getting to close. You can read up on how to do that. I personally use 2' blue tape right in the center of where i want to bend her down. This will increase your yield as well.They will straiten right back out if you don't tie them down.i am enclosing a picture of the latest crop that i snapped over. This something you might do just to even the canopy out. In your case it looks like you don't have anywhere to bend them over to. meaning you rely need to thin some stuff out of the plant.View attachment 2565
Temps max at 82 middle canopy and 55% humidity. I super cropped them once or twice at the start of week 3 cause they were getting to tall then. Lol. I didnt tie them down though. More than that was done but that's about the only picture I have.

3/20
3B426AD8-04FF-484E-98B8-F154924AF9E0.jpeg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yeah I get that. I check ppm every morning (their morning not mine) and adjust accordingly along with ph. Here's last month. My adjustments are to the right of the line and pre adjustment measurement on the left of the line. Just giving an idea of how I've been feeding so far.

Temps max at 82 middle canopy and 55% humidity. I super cropped them once or twice at the start of week 3 cause they were getting to tall then. Lol. I didnt tie them down though. More than that was done but that's about the only picture I have.

Ok cool if you need to bend them over again. It rely does not help if you let them straiten back out. Tie dem bitches down. Temp is ok that humidity should probably come down some especially once those buds start fatten up a little. With the 55% humidity after lights go out that could easily climb to 60% or above. One other thing i wanted to ask was what type ppm and ph meter do you have and are you sure it is calibrated correctly.

Streetpro09

Tester
Ok cool if you need to bend them over again. It rely does not help if you let them straiten back out. Tie dem bitches down. Temp is ok that humidity should probably come down some especially once those buds start fatten up a little. With the 55% humidity after lights go out that could easily climb to 60% or above. One other thing i wanted to ask was what type ppm and ph meter do you have and are you sure it is calibrated correctly.
I'll tie them down this time! There's a cage in there somewhere if I can get down to it. Lol

I have some cheeper ph/ppm meters but calibrate them daily if needed. Last grow they got off and ph was at like 4 when I finally realized what was going on. Was going on for like 2-3 weeks. So I kinda learned that lesson the hard way.

Working on humidity. Gotta get an ac in there instead of the dehumidifier now that the weather is changing.