Some help needed.

Streetpro09

Tester
Whats room temps? If I had to guess on pics alone, they look cold (premature colors/purpling in leaves) and as heisen said, they look to be high in P/K and short on N. If you switch to flower nutes (or add boosters) higher in P/K before they are done stretching, they will fall short on N earlier than normal. Id keep running lucas and add 1-2ml pr gal of Cal/Mg to work as a small bump in N as well.
I ran 5 micro 5 grow 7 bloom/gal. Plus 5 ml calmag and protekt as a pH up. So around 2ml protekt at the most. I ran this till flower. Then dropped calmag and protekt. Added epsom at .5g/gal to supplement mag. Then saw some deficiencys in week 3 so I switched to Lucas formula. Haven't really added much booster or epsom after dumping rez and switching to Lucas. Wed was the first day to add booster if I remember right.

Streetpro09

Tester
Whats room temps?
They are 69-70 at night with 40-45%. Days get a little hot at times but I think I've got that figured out. Temps did creep up to 89 once or twice for a few hours according to my log. Yesterday's temps barely broke 80 and 35-40%.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I'd hold off on any bloom boosters and continue with the lucas feed youre currently running. You'll often see premature colors in leaves with many strains if the temps drop below 70 consistently. I read back and didnt see any mention of it, but if you are using RO water youre gonna need to add some of the elements back into it on top of the Micro/Bloom.

Streetpro09

Tester
Those dont look too bad honestly. Petioles are quite purple which is a sign of too high bloom nutes if not genetic.
Thanks for helping. Kinda thought they weren't too bad once I saw them with the lights off. Was thinking they might be a little mag and cal deficient. The edges of the upper leaves are getting crispy but not cracking or breaking off. I think that's probably do to lights too close. I'm gonna wire them up and maybe get 2-3". Plus they'll get some duct work hooked up. Don't know if I should worry about doing anything much different with nutes or water?

I told a slight tale about temp cause when I got home it was 62. So I'm sure that's not helping. There's about a 20* swing from day to night. I'll be monitoring temps and adjusting fans and such to try and keep it closer it 80.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks for helping. Kinda thought they weren't too bad once I saw them with the lights off. Was thinking they might be a little mag and cal deficient. The edges of the upper leaves are getting crispy but not cracking or breaking off. I think that's probably do to lights too close. I'm gonna wire them up and maybe get 2-3". Plus they'll get some duct work hooked up. Don't know if I should worry about doing anything much different with nutes or water?

I told a slight tale about temp cause when I got home it was 62. So I'm sure that's not helping. There's about a 20* swing from day to night. I'll be monitoring temps and adjusting fans and such to try and keep it closer it 80.
I am. So how much calmag or epsom you think?
The lower temps are where the colors on the leaves are coming from. I knew it looked cold lol
With day/nightime temps, you dont want to see much more than a 10* difference between the two.
As for the add back of elements for RO, I'd use 1-2ml of Cal/Mg per gal to start in addition to your normal feed. Its always easier to add if/when needed. If the leaves are getting crunchy on the tops, your light is too close or too intense. If theres room to raise it, Id suggest that as well. Other than that, you seem to be well on track to a good harvest.

Streetpro09

Tester
The lower temps are where the colors on the leaves are coming from. I knew it looked cold lol
With day/nightime temps, you dont want to see much more than a 10* difference between the two.
As for the add back of elements for RO, I'd use 1-2ml of Cal/Mg per gal to start in addition to your normal feed. Its always easier to add if/when needed. If the leaves are getting crunchy on the tops, your light is too close or too intense. If theres room to raise it, Id suggest that as well. Other than that, you seem to be well on track to a good harvest.
Thanks again!! Will do all you suggest. Topped water tonight and added 2ml call mag/gal and 3ml/gal micro. Figured it would offset the extra bloom boost in there. Ppm ended around 400 ppm and 5.5 ph. Should I turn wattage down on lights?

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks again!! Will do all you suggest. Topped water tonight and added 2ml call mag/gal and 3ml/gal micro. Figured it would offset the extra bloom boost in there. Ppm ended around 400 ppm and 5.5 ph. Should I turn wattage down on lights?
If it continues to cook the top sets of leaves and raising it isnt an option, yes I would. Maybe get that humidity up a tad might help too.

IrocZ

Really Active Member
I think you are getting some light burn. I had 2 of my colas get too close last run, so I was able to clearly see what happened from them getting too close.

I need to keep them about a forearm's length away. Any closer and the tops start to bleach a little, the pistils will start to recede, and funky leaf growth starts happening. The buds ended up growing in a funky bunch. They also did not frost up like the rest of the plant. All the other colas were probably the frostiest I've ever run. I knew temps were good, so it was definitely getting too close to the light that messed up those couple buds.

You will shave years off of your learning curve from some of the growers on this site. I wish i would have come to one of these forums when i first started growing. Would have saved a lot of time and frustration. Shit i am a novice compared to a lot of these growers on here. Seems like i learn something new every day on here but i do not mind sharing what i do know.
I think my big lesson was RH. In the beginning I never really worried about it. Long story short, I added humidity control to my grow, and I could see the growth difference. Wished I had done it long before I finally did.

Capt's post sums it for me too. I'm a 10 year novice compared to some of these guys, but have learned a bit on the journey, lol.

Streetpro09

Tester
@IrocZ thanks for the kind words. I'll take all you said into consideration and try and apply it best to me.

@HydroRed I think you helped figure it out man. Adding back in micro and calmag seamed to help after yesterday. The dark colors in between the vains isn't any worse and might be getting lighter. I knew I needed to add something back with my water top offs but didn't know what. Knowing me I would have added everything I could plus the kitchen sink and would have fired them! Thanks for all the help! All of you guys! @Capt C @Heisenbeans. I'll be starting a journal in the next few and I'll put up a link here.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks man! Glad everyone is so helpful here! These guys know what they're talking about too!!

This was taken this morning (end of their day).
View attachment 3593
@streetpro kind of hard to tell in the pictures but your canopy still looks rely thick. That could be a problem at lights out when the humidity spikes. I would make sure that canopy is getting lots of air flow. Like a couple of fans that run 24/7. I even put a 6" fan under the canopy as well. But rot just loves those crowded plants and it happens quick. Looks like you are well on your way to a good harvest. Shit took me 3 grows to get anything smoke-able and that 3rd one was not that great but i was proud of it.

Streetpro09

Tester
Thanks for the compliment @Capt C !

Yeah humidity will get up to 55-60% but never above 60%. I have a fan up top pushing the heat from the lights away and a fan on the bottom to circulate the cold air back up from down low.

I got in the and defoliated the right plant this morning. Will try to get to the left one tonight and see what I can get done.

D6B4508B-5838-4A9F-A2A5-65B025F243E1.jpeg

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Each plant is under its own 600w hps. I'm pretty sure I'm seeing light burn up top. Seeing a little tip burn out toward the edges too. So I'm not positive. You can kinda see on these pictures along with all the edges starting to curl and tips brown.

Here's one that's a little clearer. If you zoom in you can see what I'm talking about. Don't mind the leaves with the tips missing. That was from me pinching tops when they first started flowering. Probably was a little aggressive but you gotta learn some how. Not sure if the discoloring is something to worry about because it still have 4-5 weeks left. At least I think judging from previous runs.

I had this problem on my last grow and my lights were to close. Moved em up and Wala plants took off.

Streetpro09

Tester
It does but if to close it burns them and par above 1000 you will need Co2. I use home made Co2 with mine.
Yeah I'm no where neer that advanced. That harvest was my second and best so far. Same strain both times so I kinda knew what to expect but allot of things in the room were different the second time around. Thanks for stopping in. I didn't know that about 1000 par. I'll definitely keep that it mind for the future!