SoLow's never ending thread

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I usually top off with pH balanced water, if it's high I use a lower pH to balance evenly. 6.3 is imo the sweet spot in hydro. Im a little drunk and explaining all this seems like a lot atm as I am new too and still learning. I've just been researching the last ten years finally applying it lol. More experienced and reputable also less intoxicated growers will be through to lend a hand. Or I'll be back tomorrow with a clearer head to help out lmao.

Streetpro09

Tester
I've found lots of ph uptake charts. Here's one that's a little different. The guy who used this one grew some awesome plants. Search desertsquirrel on thcfarmer. He would ph to 5.2 then let them swing to 6.1 then add nutes and drop them back to 5.2. So it sounds like yours is working good. I got mine to work good like this during veg but flower isn't going the same.

7BC7EFF2-5D32-46E6-A35F-D1DB8B26CA0F.gif

Now take this with a grain of salt cause I'm a new grower too!

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
WTF. Lol. Never seen one like that. Any more on the rest of the plant? And is that another leaf starting from the petiole?
Not quite as round and circular as that one, but all 3 females of this strain im running have those tiny little leaves poking out of the center like that. Is that the petiole you're referring to? Sorry, I don't know all the vocabulary yet lol

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
That leaf coming out of the stem is fairly common in some strains , the Apollo/ Vortex stuff it's pretty common and a couple old old school strains had this mutation fairly common
Yea definitely seems common to this strain, at least to me. But it's weird, all 3 of my plants have it, but the other 2 guys growing this strain said they haven't seen any yet.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I should have known I couldn't leave a perfectly good gavita and RDWC system just sitting there! So here's what I did last night. I need to clean a little still, but I'm happy. Yea, I think I need like a tote or something to start them in, but these clones have been sitting for weeks just waiting for a good home! So rather than wait to build one, I just threw them straight in there. These are all clones of a plant I'm flowering now. I haven't even smoked it yet, I hope it's good lol
20190416_191510.jpg

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I am loving this RDWC system! It's literally 10X better than DWC. The growth seems faster, the ph is more stable, I haven't even had to make any adjustment yet and it's been about a week. I have to adjust my DWC buckets almost daily. I can't wait to ditch DWC for good. I may build another one of these systems too lol.

I've definitely learned some things tho... next time I will plan it better and try to get clones that are more similar. I just used what I had, and am getting uneven growth. One clone was the top of the plant, most the others were lower branches. The growth is not the same yet as you can see. Bottom left was the top of the plant, and is not growing the same as the rest. Im hoping it catches up. 20190423_183515.jpg20190423_183523.jpg

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Your doing awesome man... how far apart did you space your buckets when you made your set up. Also what size pipe do you use? Im thinking of making one of them when i finish my shed up
Thank you! I would have to look at the spacing when I get home to know exactly. I think they are about ten inches apart. I based it off heisen's system, but I reduced the spacing on mine so I can put it in my 5x5 if I wanted to use all 6 buckets in there.

I am now realizing I probably would have been almost just as well off of I had kept the same spacing and just used 4 buckets in my tent. 6 buckets may just reduce my veg time a little.

And I used 1.5 inch PVC, and it reduces to .75 inches, to return to water pump.