Skunk Hunters

D

Deleted member 60

Ah...the skunk bud. We just called it "KGB" (Killer Green bud) or "the kind" in SkiTown. It rolled through '84-85'......then the Thai bud hit for about the same time period. Huge jump in buzz/taste and price. The Skunk/KGB was the first $25 quarters I ever heard of. Mexi z's were 40-60 then. When the Thai hit it was priced @$45 a quarter...and we were kinda freaking...LOL. 4 years later I was moving $100 quarters faster than I could pack em. And the kids today talk of stagnant wages and crazy high house prices...LOL.

I'm for sure growing better weed now than the Mexi seed first grows we did. Even so...for our tolerance levels then...we did OK for not knowing fully WTF we were doing. I didn't even know what buds were until some green pot came through in about '74 called "Flower Top 2 Toke"....and it was serious shit for us brown dirtweed cowboys.

But my first grows with sourced clones were as good...if not better than most of today's fare. SSSC stock....it was serious weed with taste/high off the chart. Nobody cared about "frost" then...LOL...it was all about the effects. This shit was heady. I couldn't keep enough of it around. It was a good gig.

Now we got experts who tell us what is good...and talk like they created growing. Heehee...funny and sad at the same time.

I’ve only used a good dose of hydrogen peroxide for 12hrs or so then rinse and pure water.

If you see a bit of fuzz (mycelium) coming out the end they are usually toast.

Cracking. I just read a tip on cracking. If you have a measuring micrometer one that can close all the way usually 0-1”you can use it to pinch the seed very controlled to crack it before the dunk. I’ve read of people using their teeth. Don’t think I’m that skilled LOL

Probly in this case the use of gibrilic acid would be my rout.

I’ve don’t know much about embryo rescue?
Probly a combination of sterilizing the seed. Cracking. Removing the in needs. And possibly culturing in tissue culture with high gibrillic acid.
I think it’s pretty easy to get amazon etc. it is available from the usual TC suppliers.

I’d give it a go if someone was interested. It would be a hell of a lot esier than merristem TC. I’ve been playing with the dissecting scope and TC to see if I can get something to live.
These are way to big to call merristem, stem tip culture maybe.
View attachment 131481
Real hard to photograph a merristem. If indeed these are small enough.
This was a couple days ago still looks alive.
View attachment 131482
Turpman you are making me all excited yo.... Do you know how badass of origin story it would be if Fiddler sent you those beans and you worked your weed Ninja magic on em and necromancer'd their dead asses back to life. 2 of our own would then actually have the real deal afgan and could actually get to see/smell what all the fuss is about
night-king-game-of-thrones.gif

Frankie Eyelashes

Unless it's some kind of DNA extraction magic.

I've been soaked to the bone in that gear in fresh water, salt water and pool water. If they didn't germinate then ain't no way amigo.

That would be some shit though, having a little sprout pop out of a mag pouch lol.
This is how you do it and I have had almost 100% success, first you need to put them in the fridge for a day then in a cup of warm water not hot, and then paper towel with warm water again in a plastic bag/container. You need to change the paper towel with fresh water the next day otherwise they become mouldy.

Frankie Eyelashes

I've said it before and after everything I have heard and read AND experienced, The skunk weed was not that great. If it was we wouldn't be hunting for it like this. People are nostalgic for the smell - period. That smell for me was associated with the first weed I got in a little baggie that was NOT brick weed.

The very first plant you grew was probably pitifully grown, harvested early, dried in a hurry and smoked as soon as it would burn - and it was the best weed you had ever smoked at the time. By your standards now it was boof, but nostalgically it is still the best weed you ever tried at that point. There is a difference in high from fresher weed to aged weed, and the first time you feel that it is memorable. And it can happen in stages. The best weed you ever smoked is only the best weed you have ever smoked. Each milestone is memorable.

Back to the skunk it was that milestone for me, probably in 1979-80 as a h.s. freshman. The first fresh, non-compressed kind-bud I ever saw AND smelled. I remember my face felt cool and numb-ish, and everything was hillarious. I don't remember how long it lasted. We had a lot and smoked a lot, and I think maybe it just more like a dab-rig headrush than a long-term stone.

I remember it being tasty - but we have tasty now, and lots of better weed.
Nothing new under the sun buddy boyo, don't believe the hype.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
It’s known to happen. Heathen sent his last few seeds south. He thought he would have a male in the last few he popped “not”so pollen had to be mailed back twice. First was bunk. But we did end up saving god bud. From the early 90s is seed form.

I’d have to see if I could get parents and make seed to send back. I’m in Canada.

Turpman you are making me all excited yo.... Do you know how badass of origin story it would be if Fiddler sent you those beans and you worked your weed Ninja magic on em and necromancer'd their dead asses back to life. 2 of our own would then actually have the real deal afgan and could actually get to see/smell what all the fuss is about
View attachment 131483

Frankie Eyelashes

View attachment 131483
You can have afghan genetics if you want just contact them and they will send you.

Frankie Eyelashes

Man.... If only more of the planet looked like that! I dunno Frankie, would you feel safe contacting those guys let alone sending them money?
I didn't see a way to contact them.

In the comment section you can contact them, others have if you watch some of the other videos. He claims to have 2 types of skunk, here is his whatsapp +923002052910.

Last edited:

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Ah...the skunk bud. We just called it "KGB" (Killer Green bud) or "the kind" in SkiTown. It rolled through '84-85'......then the Thai bud hit for about the same time period. Huge jump in buzz/taste and price. The Skunk/KGB was the first $25 quarters I ever heard of. Mexi z's were 40-60 then. When the Thai hit it was priced @$45 a quarter...and we were kinda freaking...LOL. 4 years later I was moving $100 quarters faster than I could pack em. And the kids today talk of stagnant wages and crazy high house prices...LOL.
Man you brought back some great memories of 40+ years ☮
1976 I was fortunate to find a local friend (older hippie dude) that had a crazy good connection.
Up until 79 had mostly southern Oregon grown kush, gooey Columbian red and mexi sensi.

Then the Thai started rolling in.
He would bring in 2 trash compactor bales every friday night.
Story was his connection would get it right off of the ship in SF and fly it up to portland.
Spent many evenings busting down bales to make my own lbs, had that for a good 8 years!
Was getting lbs for $1400 and offing oz for $140, best deal around back then.
1980 the skunk came around....like nothing we had ever seen.
Having already smoked the thai the skunk was weak sauce, died out real quickly.

D

Deleted member 2835

This is how you do it and I have had almost 100% success, first you need to put them in the fridge for a day then in a cup of warm water not hot, and then paper towel with warm water again in a plastic bag/container. You need to change the paper towel with fresh water the next day otherwise they become mouldy.
Wouldn't cinnamon prevent mold?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I beg to differ. Most of what you all smoked was shitty weed. Fermented and moldy and labeled Skunk. Some of us had access to the best around at the time.
Your tune would quickly change if you got a hold a real old school Skunk, not Skunk #1 and all that BS.
This is the very reason people don't turn loose of their Skunk seed.
It always turns into a pissing contest about the Skunks past.
The reason why it was no longer being grown is because of its "putrid" smell. There is no hiding it. It drew way too much attention and now that most of the country is legal, people want it back.
sure do !
I’ve only used a good dose of hydrogen peroxide for 12hrs or so then rinse and pure water.

If you see a bit of fuzz (mycelium) coming out the end they are usually toast.

Cracking. I just read a tip on cracking. If you have a measuring micrometer one that can close all the way usually 0-1”you can use it to pinch the seed very controlled to crack it before the dunk. I’ve read of people using their teeth. Don’t think I’m that skilled LOL

Probly in this case the use of gibrilic acid would be my rout.

I’ve don’t know much about embryo rescue?
Probly a combination of sterilizing the seed. Cracking. Removing the in needs. And possibly culturing in tissue culture with high gibrillic acid.
I think it’s pretty easy to get amazon etc. it is available from the usual TC suppliers.

I’d give it a go if someone was interested. It would be a hell of a lot esier than merristem TC. I’ve been playing with the dissecting scope and TC to see if I can get something to live.
These are way to big to call merristem, stem tip culture maybe.
View attachment 131481
Real hard to photograph a merristem. If indeed these are small enough.
This was a couple days ago still looks alive.
View attachment 131482
the micrometer is the way to go, if tryin to crack a bean!

Joebud

Insanely Active Member

@pakandafghancannabisseeds489613 days ago
+923002052910 my whatsapp

For seed procurement. Anybody have WhatsApp?

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Man you brought back some great memories of 40+ years ☮
1976 I was fortunate to find a local friend (older hippie dude) that had a crazy good connection.
Up until 79 had mostly southern Oregon grown kush, gooey Columbian red and mexi sensi.

Then the Thai started rolling in.
He would bring in 2 trash compactor bales every friday night.
Story was his connection would get it right off of the ship in SF and fly it up to portland.
Spent many evenings busting down bales to make my own lbs, had that for a good 8 years!
Was getting lbs for $1400 and offing oz for $140, best deal around back then.
1980 the skunk came around....like nothing we had ever seen.
Having already smoked the thai the skunk was weak sauce, died out real quickly.
same here could get the poundage and windowpane it was a buck and a quarter a sheet =100 4 way hits didnt take long for the price to go up i was geting 4 bucks a hit there a lot of weeks i sold three sheet sold a lot sheets by the sheet ,then the weed,slinging quarters, and all of it out of a car. there is no telling how many lb of seed went thru the local car wash, vacuam cleaner!

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
same here could get the poundage and windowpane it was a buck and a quarter a sheet =100 4 way hits didnt take long for the price to go up i was geting 4 bucks a hit there a lot of weeks i sold three sheet sold a lot sheets by the sheet ,then the weed,slinging quarters, and all of it out of a car. there is no telling how many lb of seed went thru the local car wash, vacuam cleaner!
So there's an old landfill somewhere that has patches of old school