Shit I used to do but now dont.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Lol. Yeah. Iv had some awesome stuff turn out from bag seed when I was younger. But. Like previously stated. It can go both ways. Iv been seeing in journals last couple years some nice looking bag seed!! I’m in no way against em. It just has to to be worth it to save for me. Because seeds are so cheap (80-200 on average). And so easily available. But I’m with you on bagseed Turing into a lottery number as well.
Especially pre 2010 seed. There was some really nice genetics back then before the "concentrate" phase.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Especially pre 2010 seed. There was some really nice genetics back then before the "concentrate" phase.
I mean, I keep ordering shit that i recognize. For a while there I never ran the same strain twice. I grew 16 plants a year and wanted to try shit. After awhile I noticed that the old strains were just more consistently matched what they were advertised as. How a plant grows is almost as important to me as the end product.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
70-80s I ran ALOT of bag seed definitely grew a bunch of mids but every now and then I'd find some fire then clone, clone chuck pollen... I no longer rinse and add cal mag to my new coco coir when I first started using coco I'd spend a day getting the coco "charged" now I just mix with some perlite toss in my plants so much easier on my back lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I was at the bar once and had a dude standing behind me in line for the bathroom reach up and pick a pretty lil nug off the back of my shirt and offer it to me.

I just grinned and told him to keep it.
1982 or 83, Six Flags summer concert series with Night Ranger :ROFLMAO: (we went to every concert no matter what) and we had some sticky-bud. Brought one fat joint for two of us for the evening because it was great weed, there would be other weed there, and it was one hit weed. And if you got busted you didn't want it all disappearing. Smoked it in bowls almost exclusively because it was "Just say NO" and good weed was scarce.

Anywho, we were towards the back on a hill with no law in sight. I lit up, passed it to the girl, then hit it once more when she handed it back and was putting it out when the inevitable Mr. Jones walked up. "Hey man, lemme hit that" :rolleyes:

He took a puff and I was reaching for it to put it out, and he hangs on to it to get one more hit - and hangs on to it - and I finally remove it from his cold dead hands :ROFLMAO: Dude was fucked up! He sat down and watched the rest of the concert - probably slept there.

We left with a fat roach :)

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
1982 or 83, Six Flags summer concert series with Night Ranger :ROFLMAO: (we went to every concert no matter what) and we had some sticky-bud. Brought one fat joint for two of us for the evening because it was great weed, there would be other weed there, and it was one hit weed. And if you got busted you didn't want it all disappearing. Smoked it in bowls almost exclusively because it was "Just say NO" and good weed was scarce.

Anywho, we were towards the back on a hill with no law in sight. I lit up, passed it to the girl, then hit it once more when she handed it back and was putting it out when the inevitable Mr. Jones walked up. "Hey man, lemme hit that" :rolleyes:

He took a puff and I was reaching for it to put it out, and he hangs on to it to get one more hit - and hangs on to it - and I finally remove it from his cold dead hands :ROFLMAO: Dude was fucked up! He sat down and watched the rest of the concert - probably slept there.

We left with a fat roach :)
Yep! That's why us old timers keep bragging about the weed of the past. There were legit "1 hit" wonders back then.
I'm not seeing it today.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
That is so funny! That must have came out of some "evidence" room after the good shit was picked through. lol
Go back to 74-78 (?) High Times and look for West Virginia "Ruby Dew Drops" and other local weed.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Yep! That's why us old timers keep bragging about the weed of the past. There were legit "1 hit" wonders back then.
I'm not seeing it today.
I think that's because we grew up on mexican brick week $100lb.
My one and only 1 hit wonder was a 2 hitter, a joint of Hawaiian in 1969.
Crept up on me to the point I couldn't drive.
Moved to Or after I got out of the army 73-74 Germany (lifetime tolerance change), never smoked crap weed again.
Still haven't had a 1 hit and quit since 69.

That is so funny! That must have came out of some "evidence" room after the good shit was picked through. lol
Go back to 74-78 (?) High Times and look for West Virginia "Ruby Dew Drops" and other local weed
When I first got to OR around those times, we were getting sticky red and gold Columbian...$35oz.
None of it looked anything like in those pics.
Then got a connection to some untied Thai....sure miss that. Had that around for +10yrs.
It's only gotten better as time has went on IMO.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I was not alive during that time. My father and grandfather talked about it a lot. Grandpa loved that Thai Stick shit. Dad said it was not about the weed but the opium. They loved growing when I was a kid. Interestingly they always talked about weed and where it was from. Afghan, Thai, Colombian, Moroccan.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I think that's because we grew up on mexican brick week $100lb.
My one and only 1 hit wonder was a 2 hitter, a joint of Hawaiian in 1969.
Crept up on me to the point I couldn't drive.
Moved to Or after I got out of the army 73-74 Germany (lifetime tolerance change), never smoked crap weed again.
Still haven't had a 1 hit and quit since 69.

When I first got to OR around those times, we were getting sticky red and gold Columbian...$35oz.
None of it looked anything like in those pics.
Then got a connection to some untied Thai....sure miss that. Had that around for +10yrs.
It's only gotten better as time has went on IMO.
We were getting excellent Columbian for 90.00 per 1/4lb by Pablo Escabar and Sons transport. lol
I was fortunate where I lived, we had access to the best weed around.
This was 76-78, then the green Afghani flower started being grown in my area and things began to change and the imported stuff began disappearing. By 1980, we were growing some of the best strains in the country.
I would still like to go back in time to actually find out how much different our memories are from reality. lol
US 38th parallel rocked back in the day. lol
Thanks for the trip down "Memory Lane". lol