Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

Trim Scissors Modification
If you have a ton of trimming to do or a hand/wrist injury, the spring loaded trim scissors can really put a strain on you. I usually make a slight modification to the spring so that there is far less stress on my hands for prolonged trim sessions. It is a pretty simple mod that can really ease trimming.
scissors hotrod.jpg
I think there would be little dispute that the widest used scissors for trimming are based on this model (pic 1).

Tug on one end of the spring to free it from the frame of the scissors (pic 2).

Using wire cutters, trim back the spring (the desired length is a personal choice that trial and error can help figure out. I count about 6 total revolutions worth of spring) (pic 3).

Now you'll have a smaller section and larger section (pic 4).

Using pliers, twist the cut end of the spring to mimic the tighter circle on the other terminal end. This smaller circle will clip onto the scissor frame. (pic 5, 6).

Fasten your modified spring back onto your scissor frame. You may need to do slight adjustments to your twisted end, but the spring should click and seat onto the spring catch of the scissors. You can see the amount of grip workout has been reduced by about 50%. (pic 7).

While trimming, I rarely need to extend the scissors to a fully opened position. This means that with the full sized spring, I'm having to keep it depressed constantly. With the mod, my hands are not constantly flexed trying to keep the blades at a readied position. This has saved me lots of discomfort and shortened trim sessions.

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
Trim Scissors Modification
If you have a ton of trimming to do or a hand/wrist injury, the spring loaded trim scissors can really put a strain on you. I usually make a slight modification to the spring so that there is far less stress on my hands for prolonged trim sessions. It is a pretty simple mod that can really ease trimming.
I think there would be little dispute that the widest used scissors for trimming are based on this model (pic 1).

Tug on one end of the spring to free it from the frame of the scissors (pic 2).

Using wire cutters, trim back the spring (the desired length is a personal choice that trial and error can help figure out. I count about 6 total revolutions worth of spring) (pic 3).

Now you'll have a smaller section and larger section (pic 4).

Using pliers, twist the cut end of the spring to mimic the tighter circle on the other terminal end. This smaller circle will clip onto the scissor frame. (pic 5, 6).

Fasten your modified spring back onto your scissor frame. You may need to do slight adjustments to your twisted end, but the spring should click and seat onto the spring catch of the scissors. You can see the amount of grip workout has been reduced by about 50%. (pic 7).

While trimming, I rarely need to extend the scissors to a fully opened position. This means that with the full sized spring, I'm having to keep it depressed constantly. With the mod, my hands are not constantly flexed trying to keep the blades at a readied position. This has saved me lots of discomfort and shortened trim sessions.
Nice little hack. I love my fiskars scissors ,,That’s all I ever use

Going through recent crosses from the last batch of pollinations.

Whorled Phyllotaxy expressing in this (H.A.OG x Black Triangle). They have not shown sex yet. I'm still debating whether to make a singular male selection for a H.A.OG backcross, or to mix the pollen of multiple males to do the first backcross generation.
TrifoliatephyloHAOGXBT.jpg
Made selections for the best female representative of each pheno out of the bunch of these (Chocolate Covered Strawberries F2 x Black Triangle).
CCSXBT1.jpgCCSXBT3.jpg
Chem'91skva reversal in progress
skvarev.jpg

Attachments

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Black Lights - day 11 of flower: Felt confident enough they would be able to hold themselves up without support, so no cages.
Old School Hashplant (PNW HP x 88G13HP) , on the same table as the Black Lights.
Buckeye Purple - Day 36 of flower
H.A.OG - Day 58 of flower
Nice work @ Schwaggy you have the midus touch. That Buckeye is a looker!

Oh, I did also get a bit more info regarding the Chems I've got growing. I know you had looked into it some awhile back in one of our chats.
When I was at the store on 420 picking up some rosin, same store where I got the pack of seeds summer of 2017.
Older guy, a bit more in the know about stuff, well he had a few answers. Lol. I've since made sure I don't lose the names on my strains. Lol.
Haha, sharpie on a baggy don't last. Lol.
Dark Horse genetics was the name of the seed line they've carried the whole time.
From my pics he said it's likely Grimace OG or Bruce Banner 2.0 crossed with the Chem D of theirs that I've got.
Those were the purply ones he remembered being around at that time.
Thought you may want to know that bit of info.
Lol, I hate unanswered questions. Haha. Nice to find a missing pc of the puzzle.
That's great! Mystery solved :cool:. Glad we were able to narrow the Chem ingredient to the Chem D just from comparison.