Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

So my first question....After you chop a plant that has lets say 2 branches pollinated. I chop and separate those from the rest. After they dry for a few days, are the seeds ready to be used from that point?
While the seeds can be germinated straight from the plant, you'll find better germ rates from properly dried/winterized seeds. If you try to pop seeds just after harvest, you'll find very slow germ rates and most likely requiring you to manually crack the seeds. If you can't wait to dry them and give them fridge time, I'd suggest cracking them first and save you the 3-5days of nothing happening. While they can eventually crack that fresh, some won't and you'll risk them "drowning" and going mushy.

I hang the seeded branches with the rest of the sensi branches to dry as normal (4-10days depending on environment). Once the seeded branches are dry, I shuck the seeds and place them in brown paper envelopes (3"x4") with rice and allow them to dry for about 2weeks. Then, the seeds are placed in the fridge for another ~2weeks (this simulates the winter season seeds experience and helps the germination hormones to kick in once they feel the warmth of leaving the fridge). With this method, you should have the normal germ rates you'd expect from well handled seeds.

If you didn't want to wait and shave about a month off of your projects (I do this often), just manually crack the seeds after the initial branch drying and germ using your usual method. Add a few more seeds than you'd like to grow in order to give you some insurance against a few seeds not cooperating (you've got plenty, don't be stingy about it). Whenever I get seeds from other people that tend to have sad germ rates, I usually suspect a rush job on the seed dry to get to market. It's a bit frustrating but after 3 days of no action I crack them:

Manually Cracking Stubborn/Fresh Seeds
The first way is to use your fingers to slowly clamp down on the seed until you hear a pop. The seam of the seed should run along the length of your fingers. Your finger pads will allow for some cushion while clamping down. Once you hear the pop, proceed with your usual germ procedure. If the seed is being stubborn, try the next way to crack it.
fingercrack.jpg
The other way is to use needle nose pliers. If you worry about crushing the seed, you can wedge some cotton or other soft substance to limit a full closure of the pliers. Slowly clamping down will give you the same "pop" noise. Just go slowly and you'll hear the crack without crushing the seed.
plier crack.jpg

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
While the seeds can be germinated straight from the plant, you'll find better germ rates from properly dried/winterized seeds. If you try to pop seeds just after harvest, you'll find very slow germ rates and most likely requiring you to manually crack the seeds. If you can't wait to dry them and give them fridge time, I'd suggest cracking them first and save you the 3-5days of nothing happening. While they can eventually crack that fresh, some won't and you'll risk them "drowning" and going mushy.

I hang the seeded branches with the rest of the sensi branches to dry as normal (4-10days depending on environment). Once the seeded branches are dry, I shuck the seeds and place them in brown paper envelopes (3"x4") with rice and allow them to dry for about 2weeks. Then, the seeds are placed in the fridge for another ~2weeks (this simulates the winter season seeds experience and helps the germination hormones to kick in once they feel the warmth of leaving the fridge). With this method, you should have the normal germ rates you'd expect from well handled seeds.

If you didn't want to wait and shave about a month off of your projects (I do this often), just manually crack the seeds after the initial branch drying and germ using your usual method. Add a few more seeds than you'd like to grow in order to give you some insurance against a few seeds not cooperating (you've got plenty, don't be stingy about it). Whenever I get seeds from other people that tend to have sad germ rates, I usually suspect a rush job on the seed dry to get to market. It's a bit frustrating but after 3 days of no action I crack them:

Manually Cracking Stubborn/Fresh Seeds
The first way is to use your fingers to slowly clamp down on the seed until you hear a pop. The seam of the seed should run along the length of your fingers. Your finger pads will allow for some cushion while clamping down. Once you hear the pop, proceed with your usual germ procedure. If the seed is being stubborn, try the next way to crack it.
View attachment 46599
The other way is to use needle nose pliers. If you worry about crushing the seed, you can wedge some cotton or other soft substance to limit a full closure of the pliers. Slowly clamping down will give you the same "pop" noise. Just go slowly and you'll hear the crack without crushing the seed.
View attachment 46600
Always good info in here! 👏

Hello SchwaggyP,
When you get the chance, id love to know if can expect any haog or haog crosses in the upcoming release.
I just came back from visiting a friend in Wisconsin. He is running some of your gear and that haog bx looks absolutely amazing. And the terpene profile on the chem kesey x christmas tree bud is phenomenal. They were in week 7 of flower . All of your gear is also super stable.
Im really looking forward to the restock.

Well your garden looks like heaven to me, so you must get that feeling alot. 😉😉😉
Like Daily. 😂😂😂
Thank you. You'd think hanging out in the flower room would be the spot to get this feeling, but I get it in the veg room. In one nursery tray, there are up to 18 elites just hanging out in 3" square pots. Decades of hunting, evading raids, trading, traveling continents etc. through canna history just sitting in a 20"x10" tray.

Still at cure!!
They look great! The sugar leaves look like velvet. When I'm trimming for personal, I tend to keep the sugar leaves vs. the Hollywood trim I do for others.

I like to smoke just the trimmed sugar leaves of each strain to get an idea about how they affect the flavor/high. Some strains will have sugar leaves that will taste very differently than the fully manicured bud. This can affect the overall flavor depending on how much sugar leaf you leave on. I had a Chem D Cookies with sugar leaves that tasted like malt vs. the baked goods taste of the bud. I backed off the manicuring for this strain and got a more complex profile that wouldn't have been there had I manicured more strictly.

Some plants will have fully ambered trichomes on the sugar leaves that can turn an otherwise energetic smoke into a more sedative experience. You'll read a lot about trying to fine tune your plants' high by allowing trichome amber % on the bud to mature with longer flowering, but you can manipulate this variable by altering the level of manicure as well.

Hello SchwaggyP,
When you get the chance, id love to know if can expect any haog or haog crosses in the upcoming release.
I just came back from visiting a friend in Wisconsin. He is running some of your gear and that haog bx looks absolutely amazing. And the terpene profile on the chem kesey x christmas tree bud is phenomenal. They were in week 7 of flower . All of your gear is also super stable.
Im really looking forward to the restock.
There will be HAOG BX1 seeds and most likely a HAOG cross (in the freebie list) for this restock. Glad to hear your friend is pulling solid plants, I’ve had great feedback on the Chem Kesey x CTB terps.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
We'll let you be one of the extras that gets axed by the hottest of them.
Opening scene.
Heathens hitting her from behind with a bong sitting in the crack of her ass cheeks when the jealous hot blond buries the machete in the back of his head and steals the famed lost strain Golden Beans. Lmfao.
There you go with the crack again 🙄😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂