Schwaggy P's Random Stuff

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Schwaggy is good peeps, salt of the earth. Plus, I got my notification for caregiver today, so my numbers and weight just doubled, lol. Might be a dandy bday after all, lol. Thanks to all who have helped me, especially Schwaggs, Useful, Heisen, many others. Now back to the thread topic. WooooHoooo💪✌🌊

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
That's killer! They look great and knowing the smell had people worried means mission accomplished :D.
Yep, Skunky VA was skunky alright, a definite library keeper, BUT that one pheno of the 91 Skunk VA X Granny Skunk I posted smells as close to the old school skunk as I have experienced since back in the day. Me like!

I grew strictly an old school skunk for many years from the 80s into the 90s. It was my strain & all I grew. I kept it going for years (outdoors by seed) & still lament losing it to cross contamination. Loved that strain. That one plant is very close smell-wise, better yield too.

This Granny Skunk cross would be worth a pheno hunt, I would love another one like her! I am preparing to travel for a couple months so can’t save this pheno. A shame but loving what I have, both growing & hanging. Yield is good too.

My favorite plant of the year so far but still have not had the smoke comparison. I look forward to it.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Here are some of the packs with the label (they've all been popped, took ripping one to realize they weren't heat sealed)
View attachment 25795

The labels have a slight difference, they mostly break down as:
Durban-Thai Highflyer
(Durban-Thai Highflyer '92 x Cinderella '98 F2)

the pack in the middle has slightly different info:
Durban-Thai Highflyer
(Durban-Thai Highflyer '94 x C99 F2)
The little bit of info I could get from the breeder was that he used original release DTC99. From this, I would guess that he got better info about the specifics of what Soul used to make it and that's why there's a difference in the label. Further speculation on my part: he may have made selections to favor the Durban-Thai Highflyer phenos and worked it toward that expression over time.

The generally accepted practice for seed packs is to have your seeds' name on top with the parental genetics in parenthesis underneath. Given that Fleur du Mal Seeds put Durban-Thai Highflyer as the name, I went with using this name just as I'd expect someone who uses Schwaggy's Afghan Skunk in a project to use that name. While it is not technically pure DTHF, it's how the breeder is presenting it to the community, so I feel obliged to represent it as such. To reiterate, I was very upfront about the genetics involved here, so just to make sure no one thinks I'm trying to be slick with anything (not saying you are, I just don't want anyone to think I am):

I just checked their site and Strainly, seems they are out of stock. I got them in June (~4months ago). I liked that the C99 tempered the pure DTHF hermie tendencies. If you're after DTHF seeds, these are available from someone else (I have no experience with them):
View attachment 25796
https://www.strainly.io/en/listings/390629-durban-thai-highflyer
Thanks for clarifying that up for me, nice find on those. I hope he's restocking those so I can grab some. Have you noticed any variations with the pack that has the slightly different lineage? If not I'm thinking your probably right that he discovered some more pertinent info. They looking good and very interesting. I did grab some from Primordial, also grabbed some Big Sur Holyweed and his 74" ATF IBL. I was chatting with a buddy from the overgrow forum who got two cuts from Old Sog(DTC99 x C99, DTC99 x DP) backcrosses back to the durban and cindy. I bet those are nice being Old Sog cuts.

Yep, Skunky VA was skunky alright, a definite library keeper, BUT that one pheno of the 91 Skunk VA X Granny Skunk I posted smells as close to the old school skunk as I have experienced since back in the day. Me like!

I grew strictly an old school skunk for many years from the 80s into the 90s. It was my strain & all I grew. I kept it going for years (outdoors by seed) & still lament losing it to cross contamination. Loved that strain. That one plant is very close smell-wise, better yield too.

This Granny Skunk cross would be worth a pheno hunt, I would love another one like her! I am preparing to travel for a couple months so can’t save this pheno. A shame but loving what I have, both growing & hanging. Yield is good too.

My favorite plant of the year so far but still have not had the smoke comparison. I look forward to it.
That's great news, now I'll have to bump up the SkunkVA x Granny Skunk in the "seeds to hunt" priority. Her pics look very skunk; I'm eager to hear about the final smoke. I'll save you some more seeds of that cross for you to dig through when you return.

Thanks for clarifying that up for me, nice find on those. I hope he's restocking those so I can grab some. Have you noticed any variations with the pack that has the slightly different lineage? If not I'm thinking your probably right that he discovered some more pertinent info. They looking good and very interesting. I did grab some from Primordial, also grabbed some Big Sur Holyweed and his 74" ATF IBL. I was chatting with a buddy from the overgrow forum who got two cuts from Old Sog(DTC99 x C99, DTC99 x DP) backcrosses back to the durban and cindy. I bet those are nice being Old Sog cuts.
You're welcome. I have not noticed any obvious differences between the packs. They sound nice! I'll be on the lookout for when you pop the pure DTHF.

Ive been waiting to grow these for quite awhile now. Wonderful Schwaggy creations finally getting their deserved place in my garden.
7 of 7 Chem91 skva × Skunky Brewster popped and growing away. Yay!!!
Finally at a point where I can move forward with such things. Lol.
No presoak, just straight into coco, 48 hrs and 6 of 7 were above ground, half day later #7 was up as well.
Friggin outstanding germ rates Schwaggy. 👍👍👍
Nice! Are you ready to hunt males for a project?

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Same with the Horny Granny. Showed hairs, got her transplanted and for a minute thought my scrubber had taken a shiought. She a stinker. But got that look, as mentioned like the Skunky VA, short, stocky, stout, meat on her stalk. Can't wait.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
That's great news, now I'll have to bump up the SkunkVA x Granny Skunk in the "seeds to hunt" priority. Her pics look very skunk; I'm eager to hear about the final smoke. I'll save you some more seeds of that cross for you to dig through when you return.
I took down the last of the chems this morning. My garage reeks.

I am trimming up Skunky VA now & moving it to paper bags, as I try to button things. I will have some unskilled help while gone but need to make sure they cure properly with easy to follow instructions.

I realize that I am gushing over that Granny Skunk cross but man is this Skunky VA sticky & stinky. I had to take trimming outdoors, my eyes were watering too bad & couldn’t stop sneezing. It is every bit as loud as the Granny cross but different, skunk with fuel, that one Granny cross is pure skunk. Made me nostalgic. Can’t wait for the smoke comparison.

Thanks so much for the offer of saving me another run of seeds! You rock @Schwaggy P!

The Skunky VA is really pretty (and stanky). She is growing with a nice robust stalk and throwing lateral branching all over. 3 out of 4 girls and all of them are gorgeous.
And the 4 seeds i popped left me with the original 10 I ordered.
So glad you like the Skunky VA! The Skunky Brewster really beefed up the structure. You'll still find the Chem91skva OG-ish internodes, but most have the robust frame. The stink will get stronger ⛽o_O

I need to practice counting to ten.

Same with the Horny Granny. Showed hairs, got her transplanted and for a minute thought my scrubber had taken a shiought. She a stinker. But got that look, as mentioned like the Skunky VA, short, stocky, stout, meat on her stalk. Can't wait.
Awesome, I'm glad the stink is strong across different lines. Solid structure, love it.
middle left, Horny Granny
Lookin' good. :cool:

My garage reeks.
wink.gif

I realize that I am gushing over that Granny Skunk cross but man is this Skunky VA sticky & stinky. I had to take trimming outdoors, my eyes were watering too bad & couldn’t stop sneezing. It is every bit as loud as the Granny cross but different, skunk with fuel, that one Granny cross is pure skunk. Made me nostalgic. Can’t wait for the smoke comparison.
All good, sorry about the watery eyes and sneezing. I have an Appalachian Super Skunk that causes some to leave the room during trimming 😁. That will be an interesting smoke comparison to read about.

Thanks so much for the offer of saving me another run of seeds!
You're welcome!

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds