Sandmans Journal to infinity

sandman83

Super Active Member
8 ball kush still growing strong, approx 11" from the base of the pots now, planning for approx double in stretch? I've got plenty of headroom just concerned about the 2gal pot limitation. Looks like I can swap the modular 5gal square pots in with some larger tubing and use the same controller/tank.

2023-05-28 09-17-25.jpg

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Auto's chugging the water and nutes down finally, I can see the tank dropping and ppm went from ~800 to 650ish again with some tips looking hungry. Will swap over to bloom nutes today and ride it out.

View attachment 128213
Once the plants are done stretching/growing vegetation and it is only growing flowers, it is time to switch to bloom nutrients. You may run into nutrient deficiencies it you switch to early. Good luck @sandman83

D

Deleted member 2835

Next time try raising your lights all the way up and let the plants grow into your light. No need for dimming and constantly adjusting your lights imo.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Roots are already out the base of the 2gal ebb/flow containers, will trim em up to try and keep girls contained but already ordered the 5 gallon replacement modules. Also found some of my old homebrew buckets are ~7 gallon and will make better dwc containers with some paint. Already drilled with a spigot for easy draining too.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Measured with the tape and only 12" from the panel again, need to drop the table from under the dwc and lower it down. There goes my easy draining into 5 gallon bucket ;). Come on girls.....really tempted to toss the 2 5 gallon buckets in the back of the tent and pop 2 additional auto's to really fill up the tent.

View attachment 128306
me i'am hopeing, i have no more males, no hermies needed.that should near fill my tent out

Last edited:

sandman83

Super Active Member
Concerned i might've let the photo girls get to big with the time I gave em, do I remove all the large fan leaves for defoliation? I always thought the plants needed them for energy but I've been told to be more aggressive =/. hopefully they survive the next 9-10 weeks and get to the finish.

2023-06-12 09.34.10.jpg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Concerned i might've let the photo girls get to big with the time I gave em, do I remove all the large fan leaves for defoliation? I always thought the plants needed them for energy but I've been told to be more aggressive =/. hopefully they survive the next 9-10 weeks and get to the finish.

View attachment 128544
How tall are they and how much more vertical space do you have left for them to grow? You really don’t need to defoliate unless you have issues with air circulation. If there are so many leaves that the bottom of the tent looks dark then I remove enough fan leaves to open it up.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Vertical space I can go up another 4', just concerned about being root bound in the 2 gallon ebb/flow containers. Will lift em up and trim the roots back if needed for now. Just needed to vent for a day apparently and get it out of my system. Appreciate the look!