Sandmans Journal to infinity

sandman83

Super Active Member
Rooms are just about wrapping up and my cloning plans didn't really pan out. So I'm going to pop some of my stash and see what comes out.

Useful Blueberries X Oranges and Mosca C99 BX1 are going into paper towels tonight then into rapid rooters. Assuming I get at least 15 I will setup the ebb and flow and get ready for them to veg for a few weeks while other girls get chopped and cleaned.

sandman83

Super Active Member
starting to think it might be a combination of too much light + the nute burn in my other hydro room, they got pretty close to the 1kw hps and are burning from the top down.

Next go around I will have to install some sort of netting or trellis to keep them at height, this batch just got away from me.

Mystery plants seem to have recovered from the initial burn + hot soil, still some crispy leaves but nothing too major that should stop them from finishing. I've switched to a max of 1 tsp maxibloom per 4 gallons of water ph adjusted to 6.5. With tap water it comes out to around 500 ppm total.

sandman83

Super Active Member
7 blueberries n oranges and 11 c99 made it from papertowel to rapid rooters...let's see who pokes their heads out first. c99 are regs so assuming 50% males will be cut that will leave ~6 of each for the hydro room to flower.

Mystery Plant #2 looking crispy but oily if that makes sense?

2020-01-22 16.59.48.jpg2020-01-22 16.59.42.jpg2020-01-22 16.59.36.jpg

sandman83

Super Active Member
I've used up about half the bag of maxibloom (2.2lb) so I'm debating my options for the next run. I've been decently pleased with its performance and ease of use, just noticing slightly too much N (dark leaves) and calcium deficiency. This could be from low transpiration with the LEDs as well.

@ ~17 bucks for another 2.2lbs it is fairly inexpensive to run again and I have an almost full bag of maxigro for the veg cycle. Alternatively Jacks was around 50 bucks for the original formula + calnit, and I have a bag of epsom salts already.

Odd the larger container of maxibloom is not any more cost efficient, I might as well just get the smaller bags and buy more frequently as needed. I'd really like another DWC setup since it was so easy to run.

Last edited:

sandman83

Super Active Member
Soil room @ 83-84f and 50RH, a bit warmer with the additional sp250 but i think the temps will probably help with the LEDs vs hps/mh. downside is the DWC tank is getting warmer than I would like, might need to start adding a frozen bottle or 2 to help maintain during the last few days.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Eww cutting half the girls and leaving the roots in place for 2 months was awful when I cleaned it out. Wonder if this was contributing to the other issues in that room.... live and learn. Root mass on the harvested girls was solid to the top and filled in all the air gaps. Going to try tossing the hydroton in the oven to bake off any roots and clean up for reuse.

sandman83

Super Active Member
ok gotta move some girls out and repot today, seedlings in the riot rooters are not happy! Should have enough hydroton cleaned to fill up the smaller ebb and flow table for them just need a table to put it on and a light....

sandman83

Super Active Member
Kind of looks velvety man. How many days are you in flower with it? Looks frosty as hell dude.
today makes day 59 of 12/12. Some of the others look to be almost done, this one prolly needs 2 weeks at least. The hairs that are starting to turn are just a very faint pink so it'll be interesting.

I went ahead and clipped the dying leaves off the soil mystery plant, will grab some better pics of her once the lights turn out.