Sandmans Journal to infinity

sandman83

Super Active Member
Girls are still kicking in the DWC, one is ready to come down but I've fucked up the drying again on the other 2 so I'm trying to finish trimming and getting a tent ready so I can maybe slow down the drying a tad.....

I decided to cull the big bud xxl in soil, way too deficient and deprived, I just haven't had the attention they deserved and I don't want to limp plants across the finish line again. Dinoberry bites and Blueberries n Oranges looking strong.

sandman83

Super Active Member
Time to revive this thread I think, 3x auto's (Green Poison XL, White Widow XXL) sprouted and some Critical Lights fem freebies. Will let them get past the germination phase then start the photo's.... Been researching in the off time and practicing with lettuce....plans are in place for a better curing/drying environment....fingers crossed.

sandman83

Super Active Member
so it appears I can modify my ebb and flow to some 5 gallon containers? depending on how this run goes I might invest in some larger pots and drill out the controller for 1" hose instead....also debating investing in new ph pens/monitor. Unfortunately my preferred local hydro store has closed the store front and I'll have to find another.

Moving the 3 auto flower into an eco grower 17 gallon tank today, will be using the gh 3 part since I have some leftover, "light feed" schedule with no additives beyond calmag. 2x sf2000 in a 4x4 for them, using 2x sp250 over the ebb and flo. Was planning to do 5 gallon DWC containers for the critical lights fems, for ease of water changes I think I'm going to pick up some bulk heads and link them together with a control bucket as well. 2x sp150 lights should cover a decent 2x2 area for now over the buckets. The new versions of all my panels etc have nice dimmer knobs now =/.

3 different varieties of lettuce under my fluro panel with some hatch chile peppers and kratky jars.

Attachments

sandman83

Super Active Member
So....here I was worried about germination rates of my "old" seeds from 2019/2020, 95%+ so far. Soaked in water + h202 overnight then into papertowels. Even the 2 useful "blackened oranges" that were stored poorly in a desk drawer have sprouted. Gives me a few more than the planned 4x photo periods for the ebb and flow, will see how they grow out during veg.

2x Green Poison XL Auto
1x White Widow XXL Auto
2x Critical Lights
4x 8 Ball Kush
2x Blackened Oranges

1683382495229.png
1683382514449.png

sandman83

Super Active Member
Not sure if I said it before but anyone is welcome to chat/comment in here, gets lonely talking to myself in the mirror :D.

One of the blackened oranges was finally showing a set of true leaves and got moved to the small ebb and flow table, one of the auto's still looking smaller than the others, might cull if it doesn't take off. Will be adding 2x containers on the the larger ebb and flo 2 gallon site, planning to veg ~3 weeks then transplant from the 4" pot to larger and flip to flower. Don't really need a lot of medicine so I'm hoping to find 1 outta 8 as a keeper to clone for the next run.

Need to remind myself to keep the ppm on the light side, I tend to be heavy handed....Also need to pickup a 40g trashcan to use for mixing nutes up.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Not sure if I said it before but anyone is welcome to chat/comment in here, gets lonely talking to myself in the mirror :D.

One of the blackened oranges was finally showing a set of true leaves and got moved to the small ebb and flow table, one of the auto's still looking smaller than the others, might cull if it doesn't take off. Will be adding 2x containers on the the larger ebb and flo 2 gallon site, planning to veg ~3 weeks then transplant from the 4" pot to larger and flip to flower. Don't really need a lot of medicine so I'm hoping to find 1 outta 8 as a keeper to clone for the next run.

Need to remind myself to keep the ppm on the light side, I tend to be heavy handed....Also need to pickup a 40g trashcan to use for mixing nutes up.
I am enjoying the vintage hydroponic gear you are using. Welcome back after three years. Best of luck with your grow. May I suggest putting a picture of the sandman from Mike tyson's punch out for your profile picture?

sandman83

Super Active Member
I feel like that avatar wont go over the best but i'll find something other than the default :).

I could invest in new but tbh, DWC/Flood and Drain gave me easiest maintenance schedule. I'll be curing in a tent with better RH and Temp control this time, so I have high hopes this batch will be the best yet.

A fallponics or under current system for a 4x4 tent looks to set me back over a grand....I'd rather see if my curing technique is any better before investing more cash in equipment.

Streetpro09

Tester

A fallponics or under current system for a 4x4 tent looks to set me back over a grand....I'd rather see if my curing technique is any better before investing more cash in equipment.
An undercurrent system is pricey. A diy RDWC system is not. Several people here have something similar.

Priciest parts are the bulkheads, water pump, and air pump.

With your seedling. Do you start them in a media before going to the clay pebbles?

sandman83

Super Active Member
An undercurrent system is pricey. A diy RDWC system is not. Several people here have something similar.

Priciest parts are the bulkheads, water pump, and air pump.

With your seedling. Do you start them in a media before going to the clay pebbles?
yep, once they crack a tap root I put them in a root riot tray for a few days to pop the first true leaves out. The hole is a tad small sometimes for a longer tap root so i've taken to just tearing them in half and popping the seed in.

I have 2 5 gallon buckets with 6" net pot lids, I was going to just do single dwc buckets but tbh changing individual buckets is a pain. I have enough leftover parts to add some 1/2" hoses and recirculate back to a 3rd bucket for water changes/ph checks etc. Really should go 1" or larger though for a proper setup.

sandman83

Super Active Member
1683557024143.png
1 auto still looking runty, will probably just cull it in a few days and stick with the 2 growing strong. Ph 5.6 ppm 400, ecogrower nice and stable.

1683557102703.png

photos looking good, blackened oranges is ~2 days behind the others. Will give them till the 6th node then top em all. Lettuce should be all harvested in a week and will spread them out more as they fill out. Ph 5.8 PPM was over 530 so added some plain RO to bring it back down.