Reversing males

Boybelue

Super Active Member
I was just looking at his strains on seeds here now and when I clicked on one or two there was a video clip. Let me know if it dont pop up for you. The one I'm thinking of was the one where they awarded him breeder of the year. He dont go into much detail. I need to watch it again I think his main reason was trichs and smells. Just from hearing him talk he seams like one of the few breeders that actually work their lines.

Last edited:

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Always cool to put a face to a voice you have heard so much. He doesn't look like I had pictured him in my mind but his voice is unmistakable.

Maybe it is in here. I will look later but it is still time to relax a bit more.

Yep it was one of those clips, I found these clips interesting and his interview on the pot cast. He had to be really young when they did the work with princess making cindy99. I like him though, seems like a real good dude.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Like when he talks about the kids or the families not having no money and needing the medicine so he just gives it to them. Then he says if it's one of his buddies wanting some or just needing it for a headache or backache they going to pay for it, and pay good. That's a good dude! He makes his money and puts his money where it counts. I may give my buddies some if they broke but for the most part they pay for it. But if its medicine for kids that's a different story and I think we should all do our part.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
Another wonky male, this time from a much diff line than the supposed NL5x1 that I showed earlier. Pink x C99

Pink was FruityJuice x StinkyPinky and the C99 boy was from a Kush brothers line. This is another reason I want to test males. Kinda curious to see how "reversable" each male is, according to a standard dose, etc etc...

I am a little disappointed because a few generations of work went into this albeit a few years ago, but thats how shit goes sometimes, lol....

pink x C99.jpg

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Another wonky male, this time from a much diff line than the supposed NL5x1 that I showed earlier. Pink x C99

Pink was FruityJuice x StinkyPinky and the C99 boy was from a Kush brothers line. This is another reason I want to test males. Kinda curious to see how "reversable" each male is, according to a standard dose, etc etc...

I am a little disappointed because a few generations of work went into this albeit a few years ago, but thats how shit goes sometimes, lol....

View attachment 20882
Bummer man, pop more beans, lol.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
I just read a thread over on another forum referencing the icmag thread. The guy used 20ml/Gal of Florel and successfully reversed a male and made S1's to boot
Ive been reading an article about Collate/ Florel, soil pH seems to be a critical control for turning ethephon into ethylene, but only so much as it rises from 4.0 where it is inactive, but can be used up too quickly at higher basic pH [I am assuming >7].

Also interesting is the % by volume. Florel is 3.9% sold in US, Collate is 21.7% and apparently Florel in Canadia is also 21.7% by volume. But....dosage all remains around the same recommendations 250-1000ppm throughout different stengths....50ml of 3.9% is 500ppm in a gallon, so I would assume this is the standard measure, and if you have 21.7 or 40% adjust accordingly, then science, lol!

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
Why would you reverse a male though? I’d assume you can’t smoke the flowers and it would still have some pollen...right?
One of the main reason cited is to witness female phenotype.

Also me personally:
I wanna see intersex reversals.
I also would like to try propagation with Reversed and male pollen thrown on the male reversed to female flowers.

And im curious to see if hard to reverse females also exhibit that trait in male lineage.