Real Science with Dr. Bruce Bugby

m4s73r

The Laziest
I wondered when I was going to see this. I'm going to dip out on this. While the earth does have soil horizons, this is not something we need to do in pots. Its a lot of extra crap that has no effect on how cannabis grows.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I wondered when I was going to see this. I'm going to dip out on this. While the earth does have soil horizons, this is not something we need to do in pots. Its a lot of extra crap that has no effect on how cannabis grows.
I was thinking it would apply more to your beds than my pots.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hugelkultur is basically the same thing. It can be incorporated into any pot you aren't dumping regularly.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The youtube link has him talking to a podcast dude that is just starting a living soil bed. There is a lot of good info that is weed specific. Mainly for outdoor, but he's explaining stuff to a dude in the UK, so it's broken down very simply so there is no misunderstanding between people that supposedly speak the same language :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
He talks about heavy watering with longer dry periods, definitely not for pots. So I discount that, but the theory is sound and I might vary my watering more just to mix things up. Let it dry a little more then water more, water less more often, stuff like that. Not technically stress, but it should keep the plant on it's toes.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
He also talks about not wanting to have to feed teas every week or two- I don't mind that.

I just think that having the same end goal (growing weed) there are vastly more things for consideration than in the first video.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
A tip on clover. Its has to be mowed a lot. Look at it kinda like topping cannabis. As you mow clover it gets smaller and grows lower with closer inter-nodal spacing. its trying to stay low and under the "danger zone" (LOL)
Can you mow it below the leaves? That's one thing that has always confused me and I let it get too tall last time.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Can you mow it below the leaves? That's one thing that has always confused me and I let it get too tall last time.
Oh yeah. when you mow try and cut the majority of the clover leaves. Thats your "leaf litter". Id rather you mow it so hard you might kill it. As long as you dont cut it off at its root into the soil, you will be fine. on the left is clvoer that has not been mowed and on the right is better mowing. Densitity is the same but do you see how the individual leaf clusters are smaller on the right vs left?

1640543210558.png 1640543299785.png

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Oh yeah. when you mow try and cut the majority of the clover leaves. Thats your "leaf litter". Id rather you mow it so hard you might kill it. As long as you dont cut it off at its root into the soil, you will be fine. on the left is clvoer that has not been mowed and on the right is better mowing. Densitity is the same but do you see how the individual leaf clusters are smaller on the right vs left?

View attachment 103871 View attachment 103872
Yeah, mine got huge last time. I just threw some seed in my 10 gallon pots yesterday so they should be sprouted and growing again when my competition plants go in there.