Pro's not so pro grow.

D

Deleted member 2835

Got some bag seed of Gary Payton that I'm gonna see what comes of em.

Here's 2 days ago. The start.

View attachment 133994

I looked yesterday and most had tails. I should've got them in root riots then but after these comp seeds i wasnt expecting much growth day to day plus i don't have much if any practice popping seeds. Slowly imma learnin.

View attachment 133995

This one made me chuckle a little. Shows what kinda sports fan i am. 😆
View attachment 133996

Here they are this morning.

View attachment 133997

Got em untangled and into root riots.

View attachment 133999

What was left. 2 that didn't pop. 1 that the tap root just grew straight down and looked kinda thin right outta the shell. Most of the others already had those super tiny microscopic hairs going already.

View attachment 133998
Be sure to keep an eye of for hermies man. That's a lot of bagseeds.

Streetpro09

Tester
Be sure to keep an eye of for hermies man. That's a lot of bagseeds.

Unfortunately, like this comp, it's just become the norm. 🤷‍♂️.

Usually i wouldn't grow bagseed but it's from a legit GP plant that the dude must've struggled with. Got that many seeds outta an O. I really don't know anything about the strain off the top of my head other than other than maybe one of the Gelatos is part of the parents? Idk it had a unique flavor i can still remember so i figured why not. Technically they should all be female or hermis right? Well i guess that depends on the other plants in the room while this one was growing. Nothing says the GP pollinated itself.

Streetpro09

Tester
Easily the fullest this room has been. Having a hard time keeping humidity down to 65% without running a dehumidifier. Anyone got an opinion on what week of flower is most critical for lower humidity? I need to get in there and clean up the lowers and selectively deleaf up top. Hopefully that'll mostly do it. For anyone not following along, this is SuperChill by Joebud at 18 days after light change.

20240108_170737.jpg
20240108_170729.jpg
20240108_192911.jpg
20240108_192934.jpg
20240108_192902.jpg

Showing a little frost.
20240108_192758.jpg
20240108_192736.jpg

Streetpro09

Tester
Here's the contest plant room before and after rearranging and net install.

The start. There're two haze crosses in the two right corners that didn't make the cut. With the small nutrient/water problem plus some light stress and they'll have to go back in the nursery to recover. If they will. All the plants in the center are comp, GZ, plants. Two will get moved into the RDWC. There're two SuperChill on the left that look like a big one.
20240109_200344.jpg

Room rearranged. Starting LF and going clockwise; GZ standout, GZ, SC, GZ in the center, GZ, SC, GZ.
20240109_211010.jpg
20240109_215110.jpg

Left side; GZ standout, GZ, SC
20240109_211020.jpg
20240109_212554.jpg

Right side; GZ, SC, GZ
20240109_211042.jpg
20240109_215120.jpg

Final room layout
20240109_215340.jpg

Standout GZ
20240109_212606.jpg

Here's the contest plant room before and after rearranging and net install.

The start. There're two haze crosses in the two right corners that didn't make the cut. With the small nutrient/water problem plus some light stress and they'll have to go back in the nursery to recover. If they will. All the plants in the center are comp, GZ, plants. Two will get moved into the RDWC. There're two SuperChill on the left that look like a big one.
View attachment 134093

Room rearranged. Starting LF and going clockwise; GZ standout, GZ, SC, GZ in the center, GZ, SC, GZ.
View attachment 134094
View attachment 134100

Left side; GZ standout, GZ, SC
View attachment 134095
View attachment 134098

Right side; GZ, SC, GZ
View attachment 134096
View attachment 134102

Final room layout
View attachment 134101

Standout GZ
View attachment 134099
Killer looking scrog Streetpro09!
Really like how you have your room setup with the walk way in the middle so you have easy access to all your plants. 👍

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
Easily the fullest this room has been. Having a hard time keeping humidity down to 65% without running a dehumidifier. Anyone got an opinion on what week of flower is most critical for lower humidity? I need to get in there and clean up the lowers and selectively deleaf up top. Hopefully that'll mostly do it. For anyone not following along, this is SuperChill by Joebud at 18 days after light change.

View attachment 134049
View attachment 134050
View attachment 134051
View attachment 134052
View attachment 134053

Showing a little frost.
View attachment 134054
View attachment 134055
For 18 days those crowns look really nice. Definitely promising!!

Streetpro09

Tester
For 18 days those crowns look really nice. Definitely promising!!

Thanks man! I'm kinda surprised myself. Seams like they might've shown flowers a couple days earlier than before but i have no real logs other than this journal that's kinda sporadic. Nothing like HAFs. Lol. Maybe it's the slightly cooler nighttime temps? Here they are at 22 days. I'm thinking i gotta get in there and defoliate pretty hard!

20240112_204429.jpg
20240112_204418.jpg
20240112_191126.jpg
20240112_191141.jpg

Underside that probably needs stripped but I'll assess the lower bud quality while defoliating and go from there. This is easily the lowest I've had the net to the buckets in a long time if ever.
20240112_193105.jpg

Streetpro09

Tester
Fuckin aye! Gunna be some chunky buds, nice work man. Any smell yet?
Thanks man! It's probably going to be the best if not one of the best runs I've ever had. Oh yeah, she's strong on the smells. Hard to describe but best i got is musty lemon. It's different.

I changed water a couple days ago cause ppms were rising each day. Day after water change they ate like 50+ ppm of food. Luckily i only let the rising ppms go on for a couple days. The smell really seemed to come on after that too.

Streetpro09

Tester
Here's the work station and the tools I used. I did it outside last week when the temps were single digits. I used a 190 screen just to get thru it "quick" but truth be told it didn't look like any plant material made it thru no matter how hard or long i shook the container. I didn't add any ice or anything else to the trim to agitate it. Whatever naturally fell off is what i recovered.

20240123_090722.jpg

Just a quick run-down of the steps. Was wearing big winter gloves the whole time. All trim was in ziplock bags. Id first dump a little trim in the white bowl and smash it up real good with a cooking spoon. Then dump into the strainer. Would dump 3 times to fill the shaker half way. That seamed to be about the right amount in the shaker. Then just shake, dump, refill and repeat until all trim is gone.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Hell ya, thx..
Ive seen similar shakers on Amazon but never pulled the trigger on 1.

I like to do a similar setup as yours but using dry ice and a couple different size screens..
Need to purchase the supplies tho myself..

The silk screens from local craft store was what i chose last time. Put them on on a jar, cap'd with lid.
But if not careful with lid u can screw things up, believe me ... Lol

Nice score man, thanks for breaking it down on how u did it..

Streetpro09

Tester
Hell ya, thx..
Ive seen similar shakers on Amazon but never pulled the trigger on 1.

I like to do a similar setup as yours but using dry ice and a couple different size screens..
Need to purchase the supplies tho myself..

The silk screens from local craft store was what i chose last time. Put them on on a jar, cap'd with lid.
But if not careful with lid u can screw things up, believe me ... Lol

Nice score man, thanks for breaking it down on how u did it..
It was kinda an impulse purchase at a local grow shop. Surprisingly it works real well. It actually comes with a cap for the top where you could technically shake it while sitting on the couch even. Obviously several different micron screens. Quick release latch for the cap and a decent rubber oring between the cap and body. Makes it quick and easy to dump and refill.

Usually i use dry ice and multiple screens but i had to much trim i just wanted to get thru it. I'll bet if i used dry ice i would've gotten more on the return. 1 downside to dry ice is that the screen will eventually get full of ice. Then you need a different screen to keep going plus little bits of ice are falling in the product. Doing it dry with no ice this problem didn't come up. 2 the dry ice seems to break down the plant material where it can make its way thru the screen if not careful.

You'll have to try it dry sometime and let me know what you think. After doing it this way I'm not sure I'll use dry ice again unless i have to.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
It was kinda an impulse purchase at a local grow shop. Surprisingly it works real well. It actually comes with a cap for the top where you could technically shake it while sitting on the couch even. Obviously several different micron screens. Quick release latch for the cap and a decent rubber oring between the cap and body. Makes it quick and easy to dump and refill.

Usually i use dry ice and multiple screens but i had to much trim i just wanted to get thru it. I'll bet if i used dry ice i would've gotten more on the return. 1 downside to dry ice is that the screen will eventually get full of ice. Then you need a different screen to keep going plus little bits of ice are falling in the product. Doing it dry with no ice this problem didn't come up. 2 the dry ice seems to break down the plant material where it can make its way thru the screen if not careful.

You'll have to try it dry sometime and let me know what you think. After doing it this way I'm not sure I'll use dry ice again unless i have to.
Kool, i just bought one from Amazon..
Appreciate the info..
I do agree with everything u mentioned with the dry ice.. that is the downsides...

With me, just doing small runs each time, i dont get loads of trim but with that it'll be perfect for me imo..
Thanks for posting that, it reminded me i needed to get rid of the bags of trim ive got laying around...
Will post when i do run my stuff like u did..

Thx have good day