Pro's not so pro grow.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Hell ya, thx..
Ive seen similar shakers on Amazon but never pulled the trigger on 1.

I like to do a similar setup as yours but using dry ice and a couple different size screens..
Need to purchase the supplies tho myself..

The silk screens from local craft store was what i chose last time. Put them on on a jar, cap'd with lid.
But if not careful with lid u can screw things up, believe me ... Lol

Nice score man, thanks for breaking it down on how u did it..
shaker table looks to be the tits

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
It was kinda an impulse purchase at a local grow shop. Surprisingly it works real well. It actually comes with a cap for the top where you could technically shake it while sitting on the couch even. Obviously several different micron screens. Quick release latch for the cap and a decent rubber oring between the cap and body. Makes it quick and easy to dump and refill.

Usually i use dry ice and multiple screens but i had to much trim i just wanted to get thru it. I'll bet if i used dry ice i would've gotten more on the return. 1 downside to dry ice is that the screen will eventually get full of ice. Then you need a different screen to keep going plus little bits of ice are falling in the product. Doing it dry with no ice this problem didn't come up. 2 the dry ice seems to break down the plant material where it can make its way thru the screen if not careful.

You'll have to try it dry sometime and let me know what you think. After doing it this way I'm not sure I'll use dry ice again unless i have to.
photo shoot of next run please!

Streetpro09

Tester
Nice haul @Streetpro09
Was your starting material dried and cured or fresh frozen and was it stored frozen or in a ''cool dry place''?
Thanks man! Trim was dried and "cured". Lol. I trim my harvests dry and then from there the trim got bagged and throw haphazardly in a closet. Mind you this place is on a concrete slab so it's always cool down low.

I do have some fresh frozen in the freezer i kinda forgot about. Was so excited to get thru the dry stuff. Lol. If winter ever comes back around here I'll try and get that done too.

Streetpro09

Tester
Wow....Outstanding!
I'm anxious to hear about the buzz, got a pack on the sidelines for my next grow.
Well wait no more! Lol. That run is several clones. Found this "keeper" when i ran a couple of each strain of his. She's got a primary lemon smell with a musty/dirty secondary. As for buzz, well i can smoke it all day, any time of day, just gotta be careful how much if i don't have much to do.

At least that's how it is for me. If i have stuff to do its easy to smoke and then go do it. If nothing planned its easy to smoke and take a nap. Lol. I've had it as my only smoke for a month or two and it was good. I'm not a real good one on the buzz affects, i just like to smoke and it's one that works for me.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I like the sounds of that, thx for your response!
I'm an old codger that smokes from 4 am when I get up till 9 pm bed time.
I gotta have that strong sativa lean to get me thru my day, trying to be productive since retiring.
And some good strong Indica to put me down in the evening.

I've already went thru all of the AC and CB I grew, my tolerance is to high for my own good.
Can only think of 2 times in my 50+ years of smoking weed that I didn't want more....
I'm always on the search for that 3rd time!

Streetpro09

Tester
I like the sounds of that, thx for your response!
I'm an old codger that smokes from 4 am when I get up till 9 pm bed time.
I gotta have that strong sativa lean to get me thru my day, trying to be productive since retiring.
And some good strong Indica to put me down in the evening.

I've already went thru all of the AC and CB I grew, my tolerance is to high for my own good.
Can only think of 2 times in my 50+ years of smoking weed that I didn't want more....
I'm always on the search for that 3rd time!
From the ones i grew the AC was the strongest sativa leaner.