Pro's not so pro grow.

Texagonian

Outlaw
Thanks for stopping in and glad to hear someone else has Nirvana gear! That was our first seed order. We got bubblelicious, white widow and aurora indica. She has one aurora indica from them finishing soon. It has a very different sharp smell to it. I have a mother going and will take clones soon.
Thats sweet to hear that those pink phenos are out there to be found. The bubblelicious we saved smells sweet and spicy with a little skunk in there.
Here's a pic of the aurora indica that has migrated to my room. It should finish before the copper top go in. Try not to be to critical she was figuring out an organic soil mix.
Not gonna get critical from me bro. I was gifted those seeds from my uncle. I was unsuccessful germinating Aurora Indica and black jack. I screwed up and left them in a dome in the plugs. All was good until I pulled the dome and then they just fell over. Damping off is what happened. Lesson learned and at least their seeds are super reasonable as far as cost. Gonna run some others as soon as I finish my testers from @HydroRed . Keep it up man, I’ll watch and see how things go for you✌🏻

Streetpro09

Tester
Not gonna get critical from me bro. I was gifted those seeds from my uncle. I was unsuccessful germinating Aurora Indica and black jack. I screwed up and left them in a dome in the plugs. All was good until I pulled the dome and then they just fell over. Damping off is what happened. Lesson learned and at least their seeds are super reasonable as far as cost. Gonna run some others as soon as I finish my testers from @HydroRed . Keep it up man, I’ll watch and see how things go for you✌🏻
Yeah I had that happen with a round of clones not to long ago. Like you said, lesson learned. Lol. Thanks again for the kind words!

Streetpro09

Tester
Copper Top
Well today has been 54 days from wetting seeds. They haven't been grown under ideal conditions sense im still setting up perpetually and getting everything in its place. Sense the last update when they got new buckets and water I haven't checked them or topped off water. Needless to say I should have. Lol. Heres ph & ppm before & after water and ph adjustment.
258D125D-880B-4CD1-BC04-9052B19CBE4F.jpeg
They show a few spots here and there but no real deficiencys are popping up due to such a low ph. I just topped off with water and adjusted ph after.

Here are the plants 1-3 and the next post will be plants 4-6.

E93F7828-7D84-46E5-95F4-9CA751610F5F.jpeg
D7A60582-9BB6-420B-801A-EEB3CEF95807.jpeg

4B0BD977-3E38-4440-A0FD-66C7B6703A40.jpeg

BADA43A9-691D-437F-A060-D6ACE61C93D6.jpeg

4AABED2C-496B-4EA7-B6D5-5999294659C0.jpeg
2C2C7A93-1830-4EFA-9E15-B2178D05691A.jpeg

Streetpro09

Tester
@Dope Heffalump let me know what you think. None are showing sex at this point. I'm kinda thinking I'll top all them back to where the side branching is at least an inch long and then clone those tops in hopes of finding a mother in the future. Would you recommend a different approach? Help me wrap my head around selecting females and staying perpetual. I'm i on the right track?

Here are a few group shots. Oh and figured I'd mention they are all 9-11" tall.
F5AC0F59-1402-4B25-97E1-F0FBFB8F6F5D.jpeg
95FA1491-E0EB-4C67-96FB-AD4D2C35B888.jpeg

Dope Heffalump

Tip burner
@Dope Heffalump let me know what you think. None are showing sex at this point. I'm kinda thinking I'll top all them back to where the side branching is at least an inch long and then clone those tops in hopes of finding a mother in the future. Would you recommend a different approach? Help me wrap my head around selecting females and staying perpetual. I'm i on the right track?

Here are a few group shots. Oh and figured I'd mention they are all 9-11" tall.
Those look real healthy!
I'm now following your page.
If you have the room after stretch i'd definately recommend a topping.
As far as taking cuttings off the top, ive done it but the lowers always seem to root faster for me, probably because the lowers are woodier.

Streetpro09

Tester
OK I'm not too worried about how long they take to root just that they do. That way I can save that plant for the future if one of the originals is good. I wouldn't plan on those cuttings being part of the perpetual process. Just trying to find a mother and have some smoke.

So if I understand you correctly you would: put them into flower now? Then after 3 weeks, give or take, top them and save those instead? I have about 12 days until i planned on them going in the flower room. I figured I could top them now and they would have plenty of time to recover? Granted I'm cloning all of them and not just the females the way I was going to do it.

Dope Heffalump

Tip burner
If it was me
I would top them now, before flower. This way they can start bushing out before you flip the switch.
You can clone the tops and have plenty more time to take cuttings if they dont make it.
I would then turn them and allow them to show sex.
This should take about 10 days from flip to show sex.
Once it's established which plants are female, i would then clean up the lower stems and use those as cuttings.

Streetpro09

Tester
If it was me
I would top them now, before flower. This way they can start bushing out before you flip the switch.
You can clone the tops and have plenty more time to take cuttings if they dont make it.
I would then turn them and allow them to show sex.
This should take about 10 days from flip to show sex.
Once it's established which plants are female, i would then clean up the lower stems and use those as cuttings.
Thanks for the clarification! I topped them all last night and didn't save the tops. Your way makes more sense. I'm sure there will be plenty to trim out and take clones later with the way some are side branching.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks for the clarification! I topped them all last night and didn't save the tops. Your way makes more sense. I'm sure there will be plenty to trim out and take clones later with the way some are side branching.
I agree with @Dope i always try to top no sooner than 10-14 days prior to flowing. Gives them hormones a chance to straiten out before flower. Now after 2 weeks of flowering i will hack um up pretty good but not topping. If i need to reduce height i will just bend them over.

Streetpro09

Tester
I agree with @Dope i always try to top no sooner than 10-14 days prior to flowing. Gives them hormones a chance to straiten out before flower. Now after 2 weeks of flowering i will hack um up pretty good but not topping. If i need to reduce height i will just bend them over.
Glad to hear! That's about how long I have before these will go in the flower room so it should work out prefect. I'm trying to put something new in there every 4 weeks give or take to stay perpetual. I can always let them veg for an extra week if they don't bounce back very fast. Doubt that'll be the case though. More updates soon. Maybe pictures of them without their heads!

Streetpro09

Tester
Managed to make some bubble hash last night. Have had did luck with second round dry trim. Heard you could use live plant material so we froze some up this time but the yield is terrible and the color of it is worse.

@stiickygreen what am I doing wrong? If you zoom in on the picture you can see my labels on the tape. I have one bag left of live stuff. Think I'll dry and cure it and see what kinda yield I can get then.

446EF51D-BC56-402D-9336-449B73E4F883.jpeg

D

Deleted member 60

Your "73" looks fairly good for color. Every strain will make a different tone/color/quality of hash.

The "25" bag is always gonna look somewhat like shit. (compared to the 73) Green or black fare. Likely will dry hard or crumbly.

How long did you mix? How many washes?

Bubble hash yields won't ever come close to bu-taint-ed extracted/poisoned (LOL) material. With 'tainted stuff it's all the same grade. With the bub...as you can see...some will be insane good while some will just be for edibles/friends who always ask for free shit.

You can try dry trim but it (IMO) will be lacking in comparison to even this bubble you aren't all that pleased with. Dry, brittle stuff usually....not bad...but not bubble. (more like kief/pressed kief)

Hope it smokes well for ya.........

Streetpro09

Tester
Your "73" looks fairly good for color. Every strain will make a different tone/color/quality of hash.

The "25" bag is always gonna look somewhat like shit. (compared to the 73) Green or black fare. Likely will dry hard or crumbly.

How long did you mix? How many washes?

Bubble hash yields won't ever come close to bu-taint-ed extracted/poisoned (LOL) material. With 'tainted stuff it's all the same grade. With the bub...as you can see...some will be insane good while some will just be for edibles/friends who always ask for free shit.

You can try dry trim but it (IMO) will be lacking in comparison to even this bubble you aren't all that pleased with. Dry, brittle stuff usually....not bad...but not bubble. (more like kief/pressed kief)

Hope it smokes well for ya.........
All of this us only washed once. Electric kitchen mixer in a 5 gal bucket for 20 min.

Maybe I explained wrong. The upper left corner is the live hash that I'm not very happy with. The other two are dry trim and I'm pretty happy with those. The live stuff was first trim and the dry was second trim so maybe that's were the problem with return is. That's why I'm gonna dry and cure that last bag of live trim and then run it to see if return is any better.

D

Deleted member 60

Gotcha.

Could just be a difference in trim. I don;t run fan leaves...just guards and whole buds. What goes in makes a difference on what comes out.

Have to say though that I can't make much comment on yield..and if dry yields more than frozen cus I only ran trim dry once.

Not a fan of drills or mixers here. If you used regular mixer beaters I suspect it whipped the hell out of some of it and missed some in the process. I used a broke off shovel handle with a "D" handle on the end for years and just slow churned that stuff by hand. Stir it in one bucket and then pour it into the bucket with the bags. Let sit for 30 mins....pull the bags.

hope your next run improves across the board. Like growing...practice makes perfect....or somethin like that

Streetpro09

Tester
Gotcha.

Could just be a difference in trim. I don;t run fan leaves...just guards and whole buds. What goes in makes a difference on what comes out.

Have to say though that I can't make much comment on yield..and if dry yields more than frozen cus I only ran trim dry once.

Not a fan of drills or mixers here. If you used regular mixer beaters I suspect it whipped the hell out of some of it and missed some in the process. I used a broke off shovel handle with a "D" handle on the end for years and just slow churned that stuff by hand. Stir it in one bucket and then pour it into the bucket with the bags. Let sit for 30 mins....pull the bags.

hope your next run improves across the board. Like growing...practice makes perfect....or somethin like that
Well it's kinda hard to compare wet trim vs dry trim I have no idea how to measure them to be equal. For all I know there was 1/4 of the weight there should have been for the wet stuff. Idk I feel like I'm making it more confusing trying to explain.

I don't run fan leaves either. I used rubber covered beaters and ran mixer on low. After the 20 min I rinsed the trim inside the bags in the sink so I suppose that was kinda a mini wash. I also let the water and trim settle before rinsing.

Still practicing for sure and getting better/faster each time. I'm not to worried about the smoke from it at this point. We use it to make gummies with.

Streetpro09

Tester
WHITE WIDOW
May 12 marked their first day of flower. They were hungry for phosphorus at this stage. Probably have been for awhile judging by the red stems and spotting on the lower fan leaves. So I put some booster in with some extra calmag. Ppm 700-800 and ph 5.6 they seem to be doing good and the red stems stopped for 8-10" down. Petioles are still a little red but not as dark.

F0C3B5E7-4CBA-45C1-8AB8-CC17DB95F1C6.jpeg
41285E11-9420-4A03-AE39-3A403D92528C.jpeg

May 17
77F241CE-40BC-45B5-AEBD-A694DBADD56B.jpeg

May 21
8A25B3CB-4FB1-403C-962F-35C16C2EBC31.jpeg

May 25
628E6B78-4919-44B4-91E2-4444E436CDFE.jpeg

Alaska

May 17
C00B707B-70F9-4EA2-BA25-44DDBCCA4E3B.jpeg
AC851821-CA1E-4344-9A14-900F387EAE8E.jpeg

May 25

C0CEF2A2-61E4-4799-84B6-8D6D0C20CB67.jpeg

May 28
651A5DEB-17DE-4F87-ADE7-5FC7C6FB9D9D.jpeg

Group Shot
May 28
21F382B4-66C8-4185-A1B7-1B7DB84240C5.jpeg

Streetpro09

Tester
You have a lot going on over here. I really dig it. Strong work. My first purchase of seeds came from Nirvana as well. It was Aurora, Blackjack, Tangie, and Nicole x Banana OG.
Thanks for stopping in and commenting! Didn't realize I had so much going until I can't get caught up posting here. Lol. Glad to hear of others that have Nirvana gear. What we grew so far has been pretty dang good. Can't wait to try some stuff that gets posted and passed around here!