Post a pic

619KGB

PICK YOUR OWN
D

Deleted member 2835

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
IMG_20230504_071502.jpgIMG_20230504_071426.jpg
Heres the mighty Mississippi that's 2 mins from my place... My kids and I also come here to fish for the man sized catfish that's in there...
That rattle trap of a bridge is coming down within next couple yrs with a new one... Right side I'm on is Illinois, left side is Missouri...

Just thought I'd share, hope it's in right
thread....✌

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
View attachment 127745View attachment 127746
Heres the mighty Mississippi that's 2 mins from my place... My kids and I also come here to fish for the man sized catfish that's in there...
That rattle trap of a bridge is coming down within next couple yrs with a new one... Right side I'm on is Illinois, left side is Missouri...

thread....✌
Nice spot! I want to see the man size fish now LOL.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Ya dude I hear ya..... Lol
Never caught any YET, that big.. 30-40lb is biggest I've landed in there.. The blue cats and flatheads get the biggest...
The cool thing is you never no wtf u will catch outta there....
Thx
When I was a kid, my dad had a cabin built on stilts roughly 400 yards below "Devol's Dam" on the Muskingum River at Lowell Ohio.
We ran trot lines and brush hooks and caught those big "mudcats".
Biggest one I was there for was 46 lbs.
It scared me to death riding with that big ass catfish in a 10 or 12' aluminum flat bottom john boat. I was 8 or 9 at the time. lol
The brush hooks were fun in the fall season.
You could tell when you had a big one on,
there would be leaves scattered all in the water.
During high water, you could fish right out the kitchen window. of the cabin.
Great memories at that place.
Dad was a member of K of P Lodge (Free Mason) and we were always going to fish fries when we went up there.
Dad was the "supplier" of the fish looking back on it now. lol

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Very nice, we usually hit the backwater sloughs off the Missouri and Mississippi when we were kids. biggest thing I ever pulled out was a grinnell cat the size of my leg, I'd never heard a fish talk before that.
Hell ya... When u say grinnell cat, those are sum nasty buggers.... If we talking the same thing, we call those dogfish...
Mean as hell, put up good fight whole time, get em on bank they got teeth so u gotta watch em.. Usually find them like u said in sloughs, dead moving waters.... And ya they will bark at ya too.. lol

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
When I was a kid, my dad had a cabin built on stilts roughly 400 yards below "Devol's Dam" on the Muskingum River at Lowell Ohio.
We ran trot lines and brush hooks and caught those big "mudcats".
Biggest one I was there for was 46 lbs.
It scared me to death riding with that big ass catfish in a 10 or 12' aluminum flat bottom john boat. I was 8 or 9 at the time. lol
The brush hooks were fun in the fall season.
You could tell when you had a big one on,
there would be leaves scattered all in the water.
During high water, you could fish right out the kitchen window. of the cabin.
Great memories at that place.
Dad was a member of K of P Lodge (Free Mason) and we were always going to fish fries when we went up there.
Dad was the "supplier" of the fish looking back on it now. lol
Man them sound like sum good memories, I've shared just in different places... Sounds like u was brought up right, and had great childhood doing that stuff...
Them brush lines work great when water is high...
They are now illegal here these days but 25-30 yrs ago , we wood use what they called a yo yo...
A spring loaded rig that wood set hook once fish bit it.. hang 50 of those up flooded creeks, a couple doobies, drinks, and we had sum good fun nights...
Thanks

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 127745View attachment 127746

thread....✌
d
Egg wash then panko coating, fry in hot oil about 1.5 min a side!
Then there is chowder which is a close second.
Can't forget the smoked canned clams.
now you talk about good food!