Post a pic

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
The other is the Balsam. Both are/were available at Baker Creek seeds. I startedthis inside and it got about a foot tall before I set it out. Shittu grass depleted soil that wouldn't grow a weed and needed something - and this bitch is thriving.
View attachment 128597
I added the small ones later and have another inside I'll set somewhere else. I don't think they'll survive the winter, but the whole thing looks plastic/fake, especialy the stem. That thing is solid, if you thunp it it sounds like a watermelon.
View attachment 128598
cool plant ,that is'nt something i would want to open a door and get hit in the eyes with!after it dried out,,it should be tough on any intruders head!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I got flowers too! The marigolds are the coolest. Get yer ass up early or you just get to see wilted blooms. Two by the garden
IMG_5536.JPG
Both are fresh
IMG_5538.JPG
But one blooms all melty
IMG_5537.JPG
One out front is miniature, about quarter size
IMG_5557.JPG
The Lions Ear
IMG_5544.JPG
Dwarf hogweed (not the poisonous and/or itchy kind)
IMG_5558.JPG
Either squash or pumpkin
IMG_5554.JPG
The Dahlia are not really pretty flowers but they are popular
IMG_5540.JPG
The balsam tree
IMG_5559.JPG
And while I was there a cool translucent fly or something
IMG_5561.JPG
I have about 5 varieties of blackberry that ripen at different times and have different growing habits - These "birds nest" blackberries actually have colorful flowers instead of white, and the berries when they ger ripe are YUUUUUUGE and they're very sweet. But not as prolific and the vines are also ginormous.
IMG_5511.JPG
I don't think this is one of the turtles I had last year
IMG_5548.JPG