Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have an entire room full of these plants with pic after pic and I've had herms on maybe 6 plants out of 300.
That's an excellent outcome.
I think it's like 1-2% of all cannabis will herm. That's nature and/of the times we're living in today.
Checking for them has become another serious/important part of cultivation practices.
There's the idea if you put a male in the room with females, it benefits the females.
they won't be as prone to change, if the potential frequency/vibration is already being felt.

If you plant siblings together, roots grow a little different.
Less competing for root space.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
yep one of my 4 biggest and prettiest zero graves went full on ru paul tranny. Always hurts my feelings to kill a 36 inch tall plant. I will pick single lower branch balls all day but this one was throwing clusters up under Every buds skirts all the way to the top and those are just too much work and too easy to miss a few. Here is hoping that one was it although I have one more I am keeping an eye on but good so far.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Wasn't what I wanted to see @Big Terps . Such is why I waited a day to check again and make sure before saying anything. I have a runt I'm not 100% sure about either...so I'll be in there checking until I'm sure what is going on. No pluckin' BS here. Yer just gone.
Ya i feel ya on not wanting to see that..
Sadly, its just part of the routine ive just learned to just deal with... Like u said, i usually just toss em...
I will say that there have been times that a plant might only have 1 or 2 down low and ive picked em, no more showd, and end product was stellar... Not how it shud be.. but was glad at end i didnt toss it...

This one on the Comp plants was all over and looked more male than herm imo.. it made sense cause that plant was the most stinky from early on, like a male... Had the best creamy onion stem rub..

For myself, normally only growing regs, to me it was kinda like tossing a male... Just happens..
Also being these are testers i knew this was a possiblity, so no big deal for me.. 6/6 wood of been great but 5/6 good plants im ok with..

I will say maybe its just me, but i kinda feel the bar shud b higher with fems than a reg, cause usually fems cost more than regs..

Thanks
Sorry for long reply

D

Deleted member 60

Didn't wanna clog the pics thread too much.....

Ya i feel ya on not wanting to see that..
Sadly, its just part of the routine ive just learned to just deal with... Like u said, i usually just toss em...
I will say that there have been times that a plant might only have 1 or 2 down low and ive picked em, no more showd, and end product was stellar... Not how it shud be.. but was glad at end i didnt toss it...

This one on the Comp plants was all over and looked more male than herm imo.. it made sense cause that plant was the most stinky from early on, like a male... Had the best creamy onion stem rub..

For myself, normally only growing regs, to me it was kinda like tossing a male... Just happens..
Also being these are testers i knew this was a possiblity, so no big deal for me.. 6/6 wood of been great but 5/6 good plants im ok with..

I will say maybe its just me, but i kinda feel the bar shud b higher with fems than a reg, cause usually fems cost more than regs..

Thanks
Sorry for long reply
I've been lucky to avoid that routine pretty much in over 20 years of growing only fems. I think some of that was that I grew fems for years indoors back before such "pluck 'em off" practices were in play....and some of it is because I've grown mostly outdoors in the last 10 years since folks got more lax overall in this practice. Outdoors you can miss the errant fuckery of "a few down low" and still not screw the entire grow/only seed the closest buds. Indoors...yeah...we all know what happens there. Such is why I've always just shitcanned stuff...not plucked.

I was glad to hear H chucked the offender in the GZ's. We'll see if I'm the only clown🤡who sees anything on the PF's. As testers...no big deal...but for me the bum out is that it automatically cancels any future consideration for the outdoor grow on the spot.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
@treefarmercharlie you got any idea who alls still in this thing? I haven't been paying super close attention to who all post pictures but seams like maybe 15 or so are still in it? Idk, seams like a good time (everyone should be changed to flower light schedule at this point to make decent flower pictures) to do a roll call on how many finalists there'll be?
Take a look at the first post of this thread. I put a 🌱 next to every person who posted when their seeds sprouted. There was no requirement to post weekly pictures so I’m hoping most of the people who haven’t posted any updates will post at least some before the end of the contest. Out of 39 people I think only 3 haven’t given any updates.

D

Deleted member 2835

As far as seeds vs clones, growing for headstash it's about what you want. If you find a strain you want a lot of clone away, but it better be something you like to smoke every day and it never gets old. there's not a lot of those. Seeds give you the variety of smoke within the pack.
Yeah but what about the people that get a pak from the dispo and want that exact same smoke...you can try with seeds but you're guaranteed it with a clone. You can get clones nowadays cheaper than packs of seeds too. Plus you can flip a clone a lot quicker than a seed to finished product. If you think you're keeping hlv out of your garden by growing seeds your dead ass wrong too because it's been found in seeds.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yeah but what about the people that get a pak from the dispo and want that exact same smoke...you can try with seeds but you're guaranteed it with a clone.
Wow - I think I mentioned that if you want the same damn smoke all the time, clone away - or were you already triggered at that point? If you are finding that "great smoke" at the dispo's then maybe that's your issue?

You can get clones nowadays cheaper than packs of seeds too. Plus you can flip a clone a lot quicker than a seed to finished product.
Duh, and it's the same smoke over and over.

If you think you're keeping hlv out of your garden by growing seeds your dead ass wrong too because it's been found in seeds.
Never said that? Where the fuck did this come from? Now you are just looking to start shit.

D

Deleted member 2835

Wow - I think I mentioned that if you want the same damn smoke all the time, clone away - or were you already triggered at that point? If you are finding that "great smoke" at the dispo's then maybe that's your issue?

Duh, and it's the same smoke over and over.

Never said that? Where the fuck did this come from? Now you are just looking to start shit.
Damn @H.A.F. why are you so grumpy did you miss matlock this morning or are you constipated? Maybe someone pissed in your cheerios don't know don't care. You realize you can buy more than one type of clone right? You seem to think that clones are only used perpetually I can assure you that is not the case. And yes I realize you never said that about hlv that was directed at everyone. I'm enjoying living rent free in your head though. It's rather spacious I must admit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Damn @H.A.F. why are you so grumpy did you miss matlock this morning or are you constipated? Maybe someone pissed in your cheerios don't know don't care. You realize you can buy more than one type of clone right? You seem to think that clones are only used perpetually I can assure you that is not the case. And yes I realize you never said that about hlv that was directed at everyone. I'm enjoying living rent free in your head though. It's rather spacious I must admit.
Are you angry just because I proved your entire post was a pointless rant with the intention of getting me angry?

If you think you are in my head you have a pretty high opinion of yourself. I spent 10 seconds reading your post, then 30 seconds replying to your post - the rest is in your mind.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@MisterKister And now I'm off to do other stuff and when I check back in if you have replied I may again. I just haven't re-blocked you since the contest started because it entertains me.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hops LATENT viroid is still pretty misunderstood by all the bro-sci peeps out there so be careful and don't buy anything that is advertized as fixing it.

It is a virus - Most of the time it is "latent" which means you don't even know you have it. A virus will exit 'latency' and present as an infection when certain criteria are met - the first condition being an unhealthy plant.

The main definition and the 'physiology' version of it most closely apply to the viroid.

1704651472010.png

If you don't know you have it and pass it on that's bad karma, but there are lots of false positive tests and such that go along with it that game. If you are growing for yourself you can smoke the virus with no harm, so if it remains latent there is no issue. When it presents you get shit weed with no potency - and you toss that jar.

People thought thrips were the end of the world when they first became an issue - then mites, etc.

A plant with full-on HPLV that is seeded will pass on 10% of the seeds with the virus.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you get a plant to harvest with the viroid and smoke it, you won't notice other than the weed not being that good, or as good as the last time, or whatever.

You could get an HLV seed from an HLV mom, and if the plant stays healthy it may remain latent and never effect the plant. But since it is still present, if you were to breed with it or pass out cuts the viroid could be passed on even though your plant didn't show it.

I guess my point is that worrying about it just causes stress. Having healthy plants is the best defense, and cycling through seeds is the least likely to cause issues. Or you could personally pay for testing and then clone that plant in perpetuity.

D

Deleted member 2835

Are you angry just because I proved your entire post was a pointless rant with the intention of getting me angry?

If you think you are in my head you have a pretty high opinion of yourself. I spent 10 seconds reading your post, then 30 seconds replying to your post - the rest is in your mind.
You didn't prove shit you geriatric piece of shit...