Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
If you wanna be impressed check out a lady called Luna Whitcomb who does some podcasts and instagram with the handle Lunallday. She's really into the soil science, the biology, and grows massive trees like the Mendo Dope boys. She is/was dropping knowledge on Greenpoints site as a contributor and writes for Skunk magazine.
Personally not a fan to be honest. I could grow trees like that all day long outdoors. Have you seen my outdoor vegetable gardens? Shit ain't rocket science. She gets carried away imo and I don't think this shit has to be that difficult

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Personally not a fan to be honest. I could grow trees like that all day long outdoors. Have you seen my outdoor vegetable gardens? Shit ain't rocket science. She gets carried away imo and I don't think this shit has to be that difficult
I see it more as she's obsessed with those compost teas and the science behind them. Growing large plants of any kind and they need nutrition so I guess I get where she is just digging that part of the hobby.

An I'm not saying she isn't doing anything other people can't or don't - it's just that she does and a lot dont.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I see it more as she's obsessed with those compost teas and the science behind them. Growing large plants of any kind and they need nutrition so I guess I get where she is just digging that part of the hobby.

An I'm not saying she isn't doing anything other people can't or don't - it's just that she does and a lot dont.
I’d have to look up the name of the woman who studied compost teas (can’t think of her off the top of my head) but she swears they are useless and do more harm than good. Her studies showed that top dressing with compost was more effective and using teas just made it easier to introduce unhealthy (for people) bacteria to the soil.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’d have to look up the name of the woman who studied compost teas (can’t think of her off the top of my head) but she swears they are useless and do more harm than good. Her studies showed that top dressing with compost was more effective and using teas just made it easier to introduce unhealthy (for people) bacteria to the soil.
I agree, and I don't use them myself. I think that 'breeding' water-borne bacteria in a long-brew tea to introduce to soil is counter productive. I just do a quick extract with worm castings and a few other things depending on plant stage. SST's from alfalfa in veg, or corn or barley in flower, freeze-dried coconut any time, same with fresh aloe, ground malted barley, dried cannabis leaves are also tossed in a lot. I'll put whatever in a half a bucket of water and stir it a few times over the course of 30-60min. Then I strain it through a very fine kitchen strainer into another bucket and fill that up.

I leave any sediment in, and I stir it before I fill each watering can. It waters from the bottom so I don't get setled mud in there. Whatever little bits of barley or weed or whatever are just a worm treat.

As far as Luna, There's a lot of cannabis growing practices I learn about that I don't do. My main point was that it's a lady growing trees - well. At least that's what the pictures show. Listen to a podcast and she can talk intelligently about way more than the teas. I think they are for instagram hits since she's using all the bright colors like the beet juice ;) But she grows the beets - so there's more to it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Lotta really nice plants already, with hardly a 4 wk or less veg on most!!
I think it's a good trick to get a rotation going if you have the tents. What is cool is that if it's a longer flowering plant or something they will just keep vegging on 12/12 until they finally decide to pop when they are mature enough. I rarely notice on fems but on regs you have to, and I found that the ones that take longer to show are usually the 10-12-weekers or more.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So mine is kind of a conglomeration of the two. I add a little food, and I give it time to maybe get a little active. Me stirring it a lot instead of letting it sit probably helps too.

When he mentions that you have to drench the soil, I think that's aimed more towards the drip system guys or those with the programmed watering cycles.

He uses a bag to keep the sediment out but since I am hand watering it doesn't matter as long as the can doesn't clog up. The fine kitchen strainer takes care of that.

Good video.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Thanks my Canadian friend,
If u ask me, if u grow organically/semi organic, your best 2 things to add in when u water is
#1 freshly blended aloe gel
#2 Coconut water..
A month in, and i havnt given mine anything other than those 2 so far.. Best part both are cheap and very effective.. i suggest anyone who hasnt tried em to do so...

Give it a couple more weeks and yours will b looking just as good... Ive seen what u can do...

Good luck to all and thx for the kind words Old ST1R..
Dont no how to add to the banter thread or else id of replied there..
Sorry, TFC lol
@Big Terps right side of home page ,under latest post .

Mudballs

@wierdly check in with @DET—PDX got some some skunk crosses kick'n around? Mine are still in the freezer been running with @Mudballs and @J.James gear and getting 100% germ rates... Liked vinsanto so much I did a seed run that netted around 3000 beans.... Good times...
Hello, glad to see some beans i spread getting germed, but what did i send lol? I hope the cool weather pops some color out of em and makes us both look good lol...good luck pinner!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I think it's a good trick to get a rotation going if you have the tents. What is cool is that if it's a longer flowering plant or something they will just keep vegging on 12/12 until they finally decide to pop when they are mature enough. I rarely notice on fems but on regs you have to, and I found that the ones that take longer to show are usually the 10-12-weekers or more.
good yo know@ H.A.F.

D

Deleted member 2835

Wow what an astute observation there buddy! Who would have thought that a longer developing plant would take longer to mature? Really that's some rocket appliances shit there...lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It is called making an observation. Some of us do that without worrying about what some shithead thinks.

If you are popping random seeds that all say "8-9 weeks flower" on the pack - it's something that might be useful to consider or watch for. For me it can help as a rule of thumb for pot size.

And if it's that fucking obvious then it must have been a good observation eh'? :sneaky: