Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's a trick I use to check trichs. On macro setting the camera has a flat plane a certain distance from the lens where the focus is best. Take several shots of the same spot and they will be diffferent. Pic the one with the best focus on what you want to see. 7 weeks in and the lowers on a few of mine are more cloudy than clear.
IMG_8365.JPG
All the little leaf spikes have a nice purple to them. Should grind up pretty.
IMG_8377.JPG

Streetpro09

Tester
Well @Heisen I got in today and cleaned the undercarriage of these comp plants. Wouldn't ya know it the one i have cloned already is throwing nuts quite a few places on the lowers. I got in there with a spray bottle of water and hosed her down while i pruned everything off. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen with her clones. Good news though is that none of the others, 5, show anything of the sorts. Kinda weird these calyxs showed both sexes.

20240129_222941.jpg
20240129_222934.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After seeing trichs like that my noob ass would be prepping the harvest station.
Since I have 5 of the same strain I am more likely to take one just as it's getting ambers if it smells really good. Sometimes they start losing smells or they start changing as it ages. I look at trichs more as a second opinion. Looking at the overall plant with the naked eye is my go-to.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Well @Heisen I got in today and cleaned the undercarriage of these comp plants. Wouldn't ya know it the one i have cloned already is throwing nuts quite a few places on the lowers. I got in there with a spray bottle of water and hosed her down while i pruned everything off. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen with her clones. Good news though is that none of the others, 5, show anything of the sorts. Kinda weird these calyxs showed both sexes.

View attachment 134751
View attachment 134752
I noticed this last year on some I was watching closely, they come right out of calix. I intentionally stressed the plant to herm.
I think this is the best pollen and majority of the best weed comes from these types of seed. (bagseed)

Streetpro09

Tester
It looks like those spiked balls that grow on a tree we had in my yard as a kid in New Orleans. We called them monkey-balls, and I think that's flower structure that Deep Chunk got it's original "monkey balls" name from.

The number of stigma per calyx is unreal.
I'll respond here so we don't plug up the contest thread.

I knew i had seen that structure somewhere but couldn't really place it yet. I assume you're talking the seed pods from a gum tree.

1707016592851.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'll respond here so we don't plug up the contest thread.

I knew i had seen that structure somewhere but couldn't really place it yet. I assume you're talking the seed pods from a gum tree.

View attachment 134898
YESSSSS My stoner ass thought "gum-ball",
then I thought "they ain't gonna know what that is so how can I describe it?"

Then after I described it I tried to remember "gum-ball" to add that in

And drew a fucking blank :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The plant I chopped at 8 weeks weighed in at 200g wet, so I'll get about 2 zips from a 4wk veg and one topping. This is granny's old cedar wardrobe I outfited with an AC Infinity "airplate" computer cabinet fan for an exhaust. It is only like 20-40-60 cfm with a 3-speed switch off USB. I have a piece of metal wall-duct on the back with a 4" outlet that runs some slinky-hose to a carbon filter on top. There's another USB muffin fan on the floor for air movement. With the humidity lower because of the heat I don't have the exhaust on. I can hang 8 plants at once unless they are biggun's.
IMG_8488.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The one hanging still has that school glue smell a few days into drying, the tall purple one is still terrayaki, and last night the milder smelling of the two small plants has a defnite peanut butter smell. My other two are still dank but without an identifiable smell thingy.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I had to tie some stuff up yesterday and could smell it all day even after a shower. Next time I will need an Iso pre wash. The smell is starting to catch up with my carbon filter with about 3 weeks left. I can only describe it as that fresh, fine, grade A+ cannabis smell! One had more cherry limeade but now the dankness is taking over.