Organic Grower looking for a new (less hostile) home.

m4s73r

The Laziest
Well, I went into the political section of RIU for the first time in 10 years and was banned with no explanation. Meh. Soon as I am allowed, I will start a grow journal and post up my grow. 2 5x5 tents with 4x4 no till beds powered by ChilLEd growcraft x5s. Got a bunch of strains in the veg tent that we are looking for some keepers.

IMG_20211113_212805_534.jpg

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Well, I went into the political section of RIU for the first time in 10 years and was banned with no explanation. Meh. Soon as I am allowed, I will start a grow journal and post up my grow. 2 5x5 tents with 4x4 no till beds powered by ChilLEd growcraft x5s. Got a bunch of strains in the veg tent that we are looking for some keepers.

View attachment 101784
Welcome to the group... Got sum nice lights and like how u got one big no till bed per tent...
How many u grow per bed usually?
👍✌

m4s73r

The Laziest
Hey thanks!

Got the following seeds going.
Jack Herer
Kali 47
Pineapple Express
White Strawberry
Sage N Sour
C99
Northern Lights Blue
Critical

Far right i got 2 slackers, G13 Blueberry Headband and GSC. In the back I have 2 that never popped, SSH and Painkiller XL

IMG_20211119_154506_949.jpg

Not sure what direction yet. I need to make a choice. Im considering dropping in 4 in each bed. Im also considering dropping all 9 that are ready into one bed and leave the GSC out.

Veg tent is lit by a ChilLEd mono rail with veg board. Still getting used to the power on that thing. I had some leaf damage from the light.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member

View attachment 101784
Cool man, I’ll check you out

m4s73r

The Laziest
Cool man, I’ll check you out
Nice selection, there’s some classic flavours in there.
Thanks, This selection is brought to you buy all the single freebies I had laying around.
Thanks!
Nice! I want to see someone doing this in the big bed. I am starting the living soil thing but am using 5g pots for now and dumping/reammending. Tried a few direct re-pots with heavy top dressing. I tried two plants in a 15gal and it didn't produce well.
You know, if i was doing a smaller set up, id rock earthboxes. Have you been watching the 10x10 series from Build A Soil? The second season he's got 3 5 gallons going in a quadrant of the 10x10. Good stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thanks, This selection is brought to you buy all the single freebies I had laying around.
Thanks!

You know, if i was doing a smaller set up, id rock earthboxes. Have you been watching the 10x10 series from Build A Soil? The second season he's got 3 5 gallons going in a quadrant of the 10x10. Good stuff.
*pre-edited - stoner ramblings - beware!*
I've watched those, but I run a lot of regs. That means either having a multi-plant bed that's too full or has empty spots. I am quick vegging (I thought) for only a month, but I am trying 3 weeks on a few plants. I just like growing in the pots, and I'd like to figure a way to make it work. If I am growing the plants for a month or longer in cups then 1g pots waiting on them to sex, they are growing in something other than the living soil with worms I guess? I am going straight from a mini beer-cup to the 5g to see if that helps. Anyway, I watch and learn, but I don't always completely trust the guy that wants to sell me another take-n-bake kit :)

I can understand the theory of the soil being depleted by the plants, but I want to see the testing on the 5g he is doing now. and some of the stuff he wants to try - he is also proving that it is theory that you need a big bed. There is every likelyhood that he will find that the 5g do great as well, and it's the system, not the volume.

Here's the part he doesn't cover - I am counting on worms and microbes to process the food for the plant. If I keep the worms alive and keep adding top dressings, castings, compost etc. throughout the grow - aren't they just continuously processing what the plants need?

I drop beans every month in a multi-tent rotation and one thing I am trying besides dumping and reammending is having a few pots out of the rotation. I cut the main taproot out of the center but they still have worms, whatever cover crop is left. I just keep them moist and let the worms work on the roots and other dead and dying stuff for a month. I scraped the mulch layer off just before planting, added a layer of compost and a layer of castings then just put the seedling straight into the 5g.

I have one tent that is going through a re-ammmended grow and it seems fine. I have plenty of smoke and am juist replennishing my buffet with a little of this and that so trying stuff that doesn't work won't bother me.

m4s73r

The Laziest
I've watched those, but I run a lot of regs. That means either having a multi-plant bed that's too full or has empty spots. I am quick vegging (I thought) for only a month, but I am trying 3 weeks on a few plants. I just like growing in the pots, and I'd like to figure a way to make it work. If I am growing the plants for a month or longer in cups then 1g pots waiting on them to sex, they are growing in something other than the living soil with worms I guess? I am going straight from a mini beer-cup to the 5g to see if that helps. Anyway, I watch and learn, but I don't always completely trust the guy that wants to sell me another take-n-bake kit :) Thankfully he also tells people to source local vs ordering it online from him. I like that about him. I personally just scoop soil out the bed for my other pots. So its living soil but I try to keep the worms out of it.

I can understand the theory of the soil being depleted by the plants, but I want to see the testing on the 5g he is doing now. and some of the stuff he wants to try - he is also proving that it is theory that you need a big bed. There is every likelyhood that he will find that the 5g do great as well, and it's the system, not the volume. Its not that you need a big bed, its just that a big bed is less work. With my bed being automatically watered I dont need to topdress them. All i do is water them and mulch them. Have you ever looked into Soil Food Web Gardening by Dr. Elaine Ingham?

Here's the part he doesn't cover - I am counting on worms and microbes to process the food for the plant. If I keep the worms alive and keep adding top dressings, castings, compost etc. throughout the grow - aren't they just continuously processing what the plants need? They are, but not anywhere near fast enough. Adding in some Kashi can help them along but in 5 gallons you would proly still need to feed them.

I drop beans every month in a multi-tent rotation and one thing I am trying besides dumping and reammending is having a few pots out of the rotation. I cut the main taproot out of the center but they still have worms, whatever cover crop is left. I just keep them moist and let the worms work on the roots and other dead and dying stuff for a month. I scraped the mulch layer off just before planting, added a layer of compost and a layer of castings then just put the seedling straight into the 5g. Back when I did 25 gallon pots, I would have 4 in growing and 4 out resting. Worked well for about 6 years, then i had to dump and, remix and amend it.

I have one tent that is going through a re-ammmended grow and it seems fine. I have plenty of smoke and am juist replennishing my buffet with a little of this and that so trying stuff that doesn't work won't bother me. I am looking to get into breeding some strains for myself. Thats why I popped all these seeds.
I stoner ramble too. lol you're in good company.
Response in the quote for ease.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I stoner ramble too. lol you're in good company.
Response in the quote for ease.
Here's the part he doesn't cover - I am counting on worms and microbes to process the food for the plant. If I keep the worms alive and keep adding top dressings, castings, compost etc. throughout the grow - aren't they just continuously processing what the plants need? They are, but not anywhere near fast enough. Adding in some Kashi can help them along but in 5 gallons you would proly still need to feed them.

On this part, I also have a multi tier worm bin that is selectively fed the best stuff. I use a half a cup of castings and a spoonful of bokashi in with the top dressing stuff - I water with aloe, coconut or sprout teas, use LAB in the waterings, etc. Avacado tech in the pots as well.

I'm retired and love the work as long as I can keep my growing style

m4s73r

The Laziest

On this part, I also have a multi tier worm bin that is selectively fed the best stuff. I use a half a cup of castings and a spoonful of bokashi in with the top dressing stuff - I water with aloe, coconut or sprout teas, use LAB in the waterings, etc. Avacado tech in the pots as well.

I'm retired and love the work as long as I can keep my growing style
Thats awesome. I also use aloe and coconut. Dont really do SST anymore due to laziness. Avacado tech is new to me. I have yet to look into that really. Good on using the bokashi. Only thing I do now a days is grow clover, water in some BIG 6, top dress with craft blend every 6 months. I also let me beds rest between grows. Like right now both beds have been resting for over 30 days.
Nothing wrong with that. Someday when I'm retired ill be happy to spend more time in my garden. Anymore its a hobby/chore lol. Thats why I called my Journal a lazy grow. Beds, automatic watering, toms tumble trimmer, and I dont have to spend more than a hour in my garden to do anything. Even trimming and jarring.

Lanestrainley

Really Active Member
I've watched those, but I run a lot of regs. That means either having a multi-plant bed that's too full or has empty spots. I am quick vegging (I thought) for only a month, but I am trying 3 weeks on a few plants. I just like growing in the pots, and I'd like to figure a way to make it work. If I am growing the plants for a month or longer in cups then 1g pots waiting on them to sex, they are growing in something other than the living soil with worms I guess? I am going straight from a mini beer-cup to the 5g to see if that helps. Anyway, I watch and learn, but I don't always completely trust the guy that wants to sell me another take-n-bake kit :)

I can understand the theory of the soil being depleted by the plants, but I want to see the testing on the 5g he is doing now. and some of the stuff he wants to try - he is also proving that it is theory that you need a big bed. There is every likelyhood that he will find that the 5g do great as well, and it's the system, not the volume.

Here's the part he doesn't cover - I am counting on worms and microbes to process the food for the plant. If I keep the worms alive and keep adding top dressings, castings, compost etc. throughout the grow - aren't they just continuously processing what the plants need?

I drop beans every month in a multi-tent rotation and one thing I am trying besides dumping and reammending is having a few pots out of the rotation. I cut the main taproot out of the center but they still have worms, whatever cover crop is left. I just keep them moist and let the worms work on the roots and other dead and dying stuff for a month. I scraped the mulch layer off just before planting, added a layer of compost and a layer of castings then just put the seedling straight into the 5g.

I have one tent that is going through a re-ammmended grow and it seems fine. I have plenty of smoke and am juist replennishing my buffet with a little of this and that so trying stuff that doesn't work won't bother me.
I use a 2.5” hole saw and just put a plug right beside the old main stem, and reuse the no till pot as is, I know a bunch of guys in Nelson that do this and it’s golden, after I got home I tried it on a few plants after my chop and it works unbelievably well, plus it’s easy af. Of course I only do this with organic grows

m4s73r

The Laziest
I use a 2.5” hole saw and just put a plug right beside the old main stem, and reuse the no till pot as is, I know a bunch of guys in Nelson that do this and it’s golden, after I got home I tried it on a few plants after my chop and it work unbelievably well, plus it’s easy af. Of course I only do this with organic grows
yeah I dont pull anything. Actually everything stays in the bed. Here's a pic of post harvest. and then 2 weeks later. I changed the watering system over to drip line from the Csprayers. The sprayers were jacking up my humidity.

1637522656272.png 1637522722368.png