Organic Grower looking for a new (less hostile) home.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Amazon.com : Bokashi Brothers Bokashi 2.2lb Bag (1 kg) : Patio, Lawn & Garden

This is what I have. Less than $20 but not sure about bulk comparison. It's fermented rice and stuff.

"for litter boxes and composting" is the key. If you buy it from a weed-centered store online or the hydro store the price probably doubles
Growkashi is 2lb bags, 2 bags for 40 bucks min order. Says it's mostly blackstrap molasses.
I use Earth Juice High Brix now. Lot cheaper.
I bought some Miracle Grow "Performance Organics" to use. I can't tell the difference between it and Megacrop.
Smells and looks the same.
Lots of scams out there taking advantage of new growers.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks, I am a fan so far.

I dont pull out the roots or even the stem. I just chop it as close to the surface as possible. Its normally gone in a couple of weeks.
That is a big ass pot to transplant from. Never really transplanted after i went from 1 gallon pot to final home. Thats a big root zone to manhandle lol.
I have also gotten a couple of people started with the tote method for living soil. Its a great way to slowly build a volume of soil for a bed. However I normally steer them toward 32 gallon totes with 2 plants per tote, 1 tote per 2x4 space scrogged. So a 4x4 would have 2 totes in and 2 totes resting waiting for next round. With the 3 people I have set up like this they have each had 2-5 good consecutive harvests. Pop the lids drop in 2 clones/ tote and away we go. They only veg for 7-10 days before they flip. Transplant from 1 gallon pots. However these guys are not hobby growers. We're all elder millennials(38-34) working a shit ton and just need our grows to be pretty hands off. We have found this to be the best way. Big beds, auto watering. My bro in law just dumped his 4 totes into a 3x3 bed. He's excited.
I don't normally put 2 plants in the same container unless they are siblings.
Their roots don't compete as hard for space as 2 different breeds.
I guess they know they are related. Humans should learn from plants. Me and my brother fought all the time growing up until I kneed him in the nuts one time. We never fought again after that. lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't normally put 2 plants in the same container unless they are siblings.
Their roots don't compete as hard for space as 2 different breeds.
I guess they know they are related. Humans should learn from plants. Me and my brother fought all the time growing up until I kneed him in the nuts one time. We never fought again after that. lol
So if you grow two plants in the same pot, and one is dominant, you need to kick it in the jewels :unsure: