Organic Grower looking for a new (less hostile) home.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I use a 2.5” hole saw and just put a plug right beside the old main stem, and reuse the no till pot as is, I know a bunch of guys in Nelson that do this and it’s golden, after I got home I tried it on a few plants after my chop and it works unbelievably well, plus it’s easy af. Of course I only do this with organic grows
Only thing on that in the 5g's is there aint that much room :)

I was doing FFHF organic-ish top dressings before this, and reusing the soil. After a few grows it got very fungal, mushrooms growing out of the bottom of pots and such. That got me looking at the living soil.

But I was dumping pots, sifting out all the roots, adding a little peat and perlite and going again. Now I am taking out the main taproot but leaving everything else. I tried waiting until I was ready to transplant before cutting it out and some pulled right out perfect after a month of decomposition. Some needed a knife. one of those skinny serrated pumpkin carving ones - which is a hole-saw in disqguise :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thats why I think if i was like doing a apartment grow in a 3x5 tent id run a couple of earth boxes. Same type of thing but it has the resivoir system built in. Can get 2 or 3 runs before you have to remix up your soil.
I have one of those outside, with the little plastic insert and the watering tube. Never thought to use it for weed. Lettuce and such mainly.n I have barley in there now either for seed or straw - however that turns out.

But now that I am doing the living soil my outdoor garden is going to rock. It's a big compost pile with a cover crop right now :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
These Russian spammer fucks come here all the time and just get banned. They are either bots or just morons who can’t figure out there is no advertising on this forum.
I BEG TO DIFFER!

There's plent of advertizing on here - pics, results, smoke reports... basically word of mouth.

His problem is the words part :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 60

The bots are a daily thing. Sometimes you can tell cus every handle they've used shows up on their request to join.

Other times you can't.....til they hit the page. Lotsa ".ru" listed on the domain names. Thanks for the reports all.

About all we can do is take the trash out when the can gets full....

don't be trash

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Well, I went into the political section of RIU for the first time in 10 years and was banned with no explanation. Meh. Soon as I am allowed, I will start a grow journal and post up my grow. 2 5x5 tents with 4x4 no till beds powered by ChilLEd growcraft x5s. Got a bunch of strains in the veg tent that we are looking for some keepers.

View attachment 101784
Me too... got some pretty innovative threads over here... been trying the organic trail also..

Attachments

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Only thing on that in the 5g's is there aint that much room :)

I was doing FFHF organic-ish top dressings before this, and reusing the soil. After a few grows it got very fungal, mushrooms growing out of the bottom of pots and such. That got me looking at the living soil.

But I was dumping pots, sifting out all the roots, adding a little peat and perlite and going again. Now I am taking out the main taproot but leaving everything else. I tried waiting until I was ready to transplant before cutting it out and some pulled right out perfect after a month of decomposition. Some needed a knife. one of those skinny serrated pumpkin carving ones - which is a hole-saw in disqguise :)
Let your your beds sit empty after harvest until your old main stem pulls out without dragging a bunch of roots with it and your microbes have done their job and are ready for production again. I have 7 gal felt and then I also use the 10-18 gal plastic totes with 1/4 to 1/2 holes drilled to around 8" up the tote. You can grow some monsters in those totes and they are fairly cheap.
I have these "cone shaped" 5 gal containers that I veg in. Doesn't take long for the roots to hit the bottom and when I transplant, they explode with grow. The roots spread out quick in an 18 x 22" rectangle container. You can tie the plant down to the shape of the tote.
There's "no wasted space". lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Let your your beds sit empty after harvest until your old main stem pulls out without dragging a bunch of roots with it and your microbes have done their job and are ready for production again.
I have tried several methods since I am just getting started. I lucked into that one just by not needing them for a month. In my world it takes one month for the stems to pull out - who knew? :ROFLMAO: Oh - you did LOL

The other thing I have done is cut the main taproot out immediately so the buggers can just work from both ends of the root. I filled the little hole with some fresh castings and covered it back with mulch.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I have tried several methods since I am just getting started. I lucked into that one just by not needing them for a month. In my world it takes one month for the stems to pull out - who knew? :ROFLMAO: Oh - you did LOL

The other thing I have done is cut the main taproot out immediately so the buggers can just work from both ends of the root. I filled the little hole with some fresh castings and covered it back with mulch.
There's something you can throw in there to speed up the decomposition of the roots. My brain is pretty "rosined" up at the moment, so most of my thoughts are "wasted" today. Hahaha!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There's something you can throw in there to speed up the decomposition of the roots. My brain is pretty "rosined" up at the moment, so most of my thoughts are "wasted" today. Hahaha!
Bokashi ;)
I have 2 pots that are still growing cover crops in the window. One still has a throw-away bagseed girl in it. I added some to a batch of soil I just mixed up but didn't think about the resting pots. Thanks!

m4s73r

The Laziest
Here is one of those wedge shaped containers. So easy to transplant from too. I think this is a 3 gal.
View attachment 102109
View attachment 102110
A tote plant. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. lol
Welcome to the forum.
Stick around, you won't find a better bunch of high caliper growers in one place.
We love our weed!
Thanks, I am a fan so far.

I dont pull out the roots or even the stem. I just chop it as close to the surface as possible. Its normally gone in a couple of weeks.
That is a big ass pot to transplant from. Never really transplanted after i went from 1 gallon pot to final home. Thats a big root zone to manhandle lol.
I have also gotten a couple of people started with the tote method for living soil. Its a great way to slowly build a volume of soil for a bed. However I normally steer them toward 32 gallon totes with 2 plants per tote, 1 tote per 2x4 space scrogged. So a 4x4 would have 2 totes in and 2 totes resting waiting for next round. With the 3 people I have set up like this they have each had 2-5 good consecutive harvests. Pop the lids drop in 2 clones/ tote and away we go. They only veg for 7-10 days before they flip. Transplant from 1 gallon pots. However these guys are not hobby growers. We're all elder millennials(38-34) working a shit ton and just need our grows to be pretty hands off. We have found this to be the best way. Big beds, auto watering. My bro in law just dumped his 4 totes into a 3x3 bed. He's excited.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Bokashi ;)
I have 2 pots that are still growing cover crops in the window. One still has a throw-away bagseed girl in it. I added some to a batch of soil I just mixed up but didn't think about the resting pots. Thanks!
I have been using something similar called GrowKashi. It's 20 bucks a bag. reminds me of corn silage. I use whatever I have lying around anymore. I have so many different nutes and stuff. I need to use it up. I've been cranking them hard with CO2. There is a big difference when using CO2. The plants respond well to added light intensity with the CO2. That's why when I build these led lights, I way over kill them with a shower of photons.
They have to adapt or die. lol