OLD ST1R’s Heisenbean Grow

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
This morning there was still no progress on the stubborn Gmoozy seed. It had split and swelled a bit and I could see white. I gave it a little squeeze and the fucking thing popped like a zit, puss and all! Good thing the other one I scuffed and wet on Tuesday is germinating. Hopefully it will have a tail later today.

The other Dubstep seed is still growing its tail and is much slower than all the others.

A few of the seedlings that I planted the other day are having troubles shedding their helmets ⛑ and/or some kind of membrane that is stuck on the cotyledons, so I put a drop of water on them, waited about 15 minutes and then I was able to remove the helmets. That didn’t work so well with that membrane, so I’ll just leave them for a while.

When I removed one of the helmets, I found more of that “puss” like there was in that failed Gmoozy seed. Never seen that before and I hope I didn’t fuck anything up by removing the helmet.
Ive had that before. Thats why I always scuff my seeds and do like u did and help em along when needed.
I think that puss ur seeing is the developing seed that got waterlogged and turned into mush. Oh well. It happens. HB seeds have been some tough shells, I have big ole electrician carp3nter hands and no nails so ita rough to get a nail in between the shells qnd pry it apart.
When possible i let the seed do most of the work.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Well not much to report other than the seedlings are now one week old from dry seed.

I went ahead and planted the slower developing Dubstep today and the Gmoozy that I got wet to replace the one that failed needs another day or two in the paper towel.

76FCB1C4-C59B-41EF-9904-1D2064268158.jpeg

I’ve got these under a 600 watt MH dimmed down to 250 watts. Am I leaving anything on the table growth wise for these seedlings by not running at 400 or 600 watts?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Helllllooooo fellow growers!

Well, my plants are still teeny weeny so not too much exciting happenin’ Around Old Stoner’s house.

One thing I learned, is that I will never again start seedlings under 250 watts of MH. All of the seedlings, except the two late starters, got all tall and skinny, always wanting to tip over and I’ve had to use little zip ties to hold ‘em up.

The two that started late have been under only 400 watts and they don’t seem to be stretching for the light.

Like I said lesson learned. I’m sure I can nurse the stretchers back to good now that the light is more intense.

This is them. Day 16 from dry seed. L to R: Dubstep, GMOozy, GMO Cake and GG4.

9004F979-A96C-49D4-86F9-9AD9A9BA5B6E.jpeg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Helllllllooooooo fellow growers!

Long time no post!

So I seriously fucked up. I tried to save some coin by reusing the soil from my last grow.

The seedlings did alright initially, but then they almost stopped growing and had little to no vigor.

I had no idea what was causing it and to be cautious in case they were locked out from excess nutes from the previous grow, I was only giving them un-ph’d water. With little to no improvement over a couple of weeks, the bottom leaves started turning yellow. This is when I decided to give them a full strength feed of Reno’s Nutrients and added some home made cal-mag-molasses.

Well if they didn’t perk up! It’s been a couple of days and the leaves are turning green again and have begun to grow. What a fucking relief!

I would have reached out for help on this sooner, but I’ve been swamped at work lately and I kinda wanted to work through it on my own. I learn better that way.

I hope I didn’t over stress these girls to the point where they’re gonna go all herm on me.

And the stink now! Fuck, off these eight tiny little plants, when I open the tent door you can smell em already. I haven’t done any stem rubs due to their size, but they smell like burnt rubber.

These are them today, way behind where they should be at 29 days from dry seed.

5BB2CC2C-1C13-4A68-B19B-7E63BA7BDA1E.jpeg

I think I’ll up pot them to one gallons next week. And I’m going to use half fresh soil and half used soil, amended with some worm castings.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Not one hundred but they look overwatered to moi. @Jesselikes2Grow would know better. They look like mine but I'm at 2 weeks having similar problems.View attachment 23811
I had just watered them prior to the pic. I don’t think I’ve been over watering. I wait till the cups are really light before giving them more. We’ll see how they look tomorrow morning.

Your plants do look similar to mine. Are they Heisen beans?

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Helllllllooooooo fellow growers!

Long time no post!

So I seriously fucked up. I tried to save some coin by reusing the soil from my last grow.

The seedlings did alright initially, but then they almost stopped growing and had little to no vigor.

I had no idea what was causing it and to be cautious in case they were locked out from excess nutes from the previous grow, I was only giving them un-ph’d water. With little to no improvement over a couple of weeks, the bottom leaves started turning yellow. This is when I decided to give them a full strength feed of Reno’s Nutrients and added some home made cal-mag-molasses.

Well if they didn’t perk up! It’s been a couple of days and the leaves are turning green again and have begun to grow. What a fucking relief!

I would have reached out for help on this sooner, but I’ve been swamped at work lately and I kinda wanted to work through it on my own. I learn better that way.

I hope I didn’t over stress these girls to the point where they’re gonna go all herm on me.

And the stink now! Fuck, off these eight tiny little plants, when I open the tent door you can smell em already. I haven’t done any stem rubs due to their size, but they smell like burnt rubber.

These are them today, way behind where they should be at 29 days from dry seed.

View attachment 23714

I think I’ll up pot them to one gallons next week. And I’m going to use half fresh soil and half used soil, amended with some worm castings.
They look OK, my opinion is they are out of real estate/hungry. New shoes needed.
If I had the room. I'd put them in their final pots, veg for how ever long then flip.
Even if they're small...they got 29 days on em, they'll jump with new shoes. IMHO

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
They look OK, my opinion is they are out of real estate/hungry. New shoes needed.
If I had the room. I'd put them in their final pots, veg for how ever long then flip.
Even if they're small...they got 29 days on em, they'll jump with new shoes. IMHO
My plan is to go from the solos to one gallons where they will veg and be trained for 8 main tops, then put in 3 gallons prior to flip.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
those straight yellow plants are Nitrogen difficient , like Jesse said give them a feeding You grow. Old St1r up pot Yours and give a mild kelp feeding , starting to get N deficient
Thanks for the advice. And Yep, that’s what I determined. I’ve now given them two full strength feeds in a row. Funnily enough, I didn’t have any Kelp, but Incredigro had 20% of Remo Nutrients so Today I went and picked up a bottle is VeloKelp and Astro Flower to round out the Remo nutes I already had.

I'm curious, why go to the 1 gallon first, instead of directly to the 3 gallon?
Just to help prevent over Watering (so I’ve read) I didn’t want a tiny little plant in a huge pot.

This is them just now after lights on at 3:

29364ED9-8829-4F38-8D9A-E4A6DFE50142.jpeg

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I went ahead and up-potted the girls this evening into one gallons.

Since they started off a little spindly, I took the liberty of sinking them a little to keep the height down to a minimum.

I’m hoping to see some strong growth from them now they are getting fed and have some room to stretch their legs.

I’ll probably start the topping process on the weekend after they’ve had a chance to recover from the transplant.

F2410D73-491E-4147-9251-A86BD6D91BBD.jpeg

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I went ahead and up-potted the girls this evening into one gallons.

Since they started off a little spindly, I took the liberty of sinking them a little to keep the height down to a minimum.

I’m hoping to see some strong growth from them now they are getting fed and have some room to stretch their legs.

I’ll probably start the topping process on the weekend after they’ve had a chance to recover from the transplant.

View attachment 24126
Man, are those 360 degree "spinners" your plants are sitting on?

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Quick question for the more experienced growers - is there any advantage to going to 600 watts at this point or is it fine at 400 until the canopy thickens up a bit?
Depends on how much you feed them. Plants are born outside every day and no bulb on the planet can compete with the sun. I start all my plants under max lighting but you also have to have everything dialed in like root growth and perfect environment. I know that more light grows faster roots