Official Heisenbeans Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Official contest questions;

1. I just got my beans, so that's 2 days later than others. Do I get a couple days at the end?

2. How many am I supposed to pop? All of them? 3?

3. Anything else I need to know?
You can pop 1 or the whole pack. I think the more you have the better the chances of a keeping pheno. The countdown won't start till the 15th. After the 15th ill.see where everyone's at and start the 14 week countdown.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Ok, everyone, this is where we will post our photos throughout the contest. I'd appreciate it if we could all keep the long winded posts in the Shit Talk and Banter thread so this thread is mostly photos. I know it will be difficult for everyone to remember this so I will try to move those posts to that thread when people forget. I'll start off the photos with the 6 I have going in my two tents.

Here's the two I have going in my 2x4 tent in 7 gallon pots

2023-11-15_platinum_frosting-01.jpg
2023-11-15_platinum_frosting-02.jpg

And here's the four I have going in the 4x4 in 10 gallon pots
2023-11-15_platinum_frosting-03.jpg
2023-11-15_platinum_frosting-04.jpg
2023-11-15_platinum_frosting-05.jpg
2023-11-15_platinum_frosting-06.jpg

@Heisen just in case you are keeping track of germination 7 of the 8 that I got wet have sprouted as of today. These are the 6 I'm going with since they sprouted the fastest, but I do have the other 2 still going and will let you know if/when that last one breaks soil.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My progress so far. I have 3 out of 6 from the 11/8 drop.
IMG_7495.JPG
The Platinum Ice might have issues though. After 7 days to break ground, I can't tell if it's a bifurcated coty or if this was going for that three-leaf-per-node whorled phyllotaxy thing and missed.
IMG_7497.JPG
It looks like the next set of leaves is coming so I'll know in a few days.
IMG_7497.1.JPG
Today I got 5 more Chunk-a-Dunk and 3 more Platinum Ice in soil after they soaked about 18hrs. Here's where I run seedlings. Two HLG 65w boards that I also use for heat instead of a mat. I have an AC Infinity 3" in-line duct fan on top for exhaust that I just use to vent out that heat if needed. I hate to say it but the Vivo-sux mini tent has been a good investment.
IMG_7502.JPG

D

Deleted member 60

LOL...miles ahead of my 20-year old - 2 ft long Hydrofarm t-5 fixture...sitting on the washing machine....and propped up on one end by a Raisin Bran box and on the other...an old Yahtzee game box. Draped over the top is a 13 gallon white trash bag for max reflection.

DSC_4114.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I asked @Heisen about this (correct me if I'm wrong H) I believe he said it would be nice if people posted weekly updates once things get moving but what he really cares about are the nice flower pictures.
Just making sure because there was lots of words at the beginning of this thread. Might have missed something. And in the past that has been disqualification stuff. I like that this "contest" is being laid back.