Official Heisenbeans Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I up potted 1/2 hr ago,
and they just had dinner. lol

Pic later tonight for the update.
I went through and snipped the single-blade seed leaves and the shoots coming from that node to focus the growth on the keeper parts early. That larget plant top left in my pick has got killer limbs already. She's screaming out for a manifold or something. :sneaky:

The leaves have an almost cinnamon or spice note to them.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
here is latest update, all are now transplanted into bigger bags. I usually let them get a bit bigger but they needed a kick. Back row have been in big pots a week longer and are catching another gear the rest are getting used to bigger pots. 7 contest other 3 are two gmo x wedding cake with last one being G-Moozy.
contest picts dec. 7.jpg

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
TYVM but be careful with that crazy talk there NWS... You might make HAF kick over one his worm bins or something. 😂 Soiler 4 Life bro!
He'd go buy more worms and another tent. lol
We're all doing pretty good. I think I seen one plant that dampened from a contestant, that will stall out. That's about it.
Those overfed ones will start showing themselves pretty soon. lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
First to flip!!! I had two that popped quick first drop. One had more uniform branching so she got topped and a larger pot, and will veg a while and get a little training if needed. What I liked was that the lower limbs were already above the next set. I leave a lot of stem when I top to reduce the chance of it splitting later in life. That will shrivel like a leaf stem until it falls off (or not) but the node itself will stay strong.
IMG_7712.JPG
The other one got a smaller (5g) pot and flips when the lights go out in the morning
IMG_7708.JPG
These remain in veg, the other 5 got an up-pot, with the aforementioned topped one and the bigger pot thing. Platinum Ice and the CaD runt are on the shelf.
IMG_7713.JPG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Here's my weekend update. The plants in the 2x4 look more robust. What I find funny about this is that the LEDs on the strips in both tents are all supposed to be 3500K Samsung LM561C, but I can visually notice a difference in the color temperature in each tent, and the plants obviously notice a difference. The strips in the 2x4 are the "Sunstrips" from Growdaddy and the ones in the 4x4 are strips I bought from Digikey. Eventually, when I need to upgraded lights, I'll just go with the same lights in both tents. The pots in the 2x4 are 7 gallon, and the pots in the 4x4 are 10 gallon (1.5" difference in the width at the top) so the size difference is a little deceiving.

2023-12-09_platinum_frosting-03.jpg

2023-12-09_platinum_frosting-06.jpg

Lurch

Super Active Member
Ok, everyone, this is where we will post our photos throughout the contest. I'd appreciate it if we could all keep the long winded posts in the Shit Talk and Banter thread so this thread is mostly photos. I know it will be difficult for everyone to remember this so I will try to move those posts to that thread when people forget. I'll start off the photos with the 6 I have going in my two tents.

Here's the two I have going in my 2x4 tent in 7 gallon pots

View attachment 132273
View attachment 132274

And here's the four I have going in the 4x4 in 10 gallon pots
View attachment 132275
View attachment 132276
View attachment 132277
View attachment 132278

@Heisen just in case you are keeping track of germination 7 of the 8 that I got wet have sprouted as of today. These are the 6 I'm going with since they sprouted the fastest, but I do have the other 2 still going and will let you know if/when that last one breaks soil.
Love dem red stem already.
Healthy looking

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Here's my weekend update. The plants in the 2x4 look more robust. What I find funny about this is that the LEDs on the strips in both tents are all supposed to be 3500K Samsung LM561C, but I can visually notice a difference in the color temperature in each tent, and the plants obviously notice a difference. The strips in the 2x4 are the "Sunstrips" from Growdaddy and the ones in the 4x4 are strips I bought from Digikey. Eventually, when I need to upgraded lights, I'll just go with the same lights in both tents. The pots in the 2x4 are 7 gallon, and the pots in the 4x4 are 10 gallon (1.5" difference in the width at the top) so the size difference is a little deceiving.

View attachment 133082

View attachment 133083
Wow....man!
Impressive setup, and beautiful plants.