New York legalization

D

Deleted member 60

We had the folks who sold a trinket of some sort for $300 and then "gave" you a bag of weed at the onset of legalization but it definitely didn't last long. They wrote the law here to say that ANY "renumeration".......whether it be cash....bartering....or the fabled "donation". Anything other than gifting it outright is illegal here. While the grow laws and the small posession laws changed...laws surrounding sales did not. It's just as illegal here to deal as it ever was...yer just doing it for 1/4 of the money...if that.

Definitely @H.A.F. Not worrying is the biggest plus here....and we have NO weight limits for possession in yer home,.....and you can have up to a Z on you in public with no recourse...unless you are driving/smoking/etc. or breach one of the other paramaters of use...like smoking in public. Hotels can forbid it...landlords can forbid it on their property....and if yer a renter in a multi-family building situation...it isn't legal to grow there whatsoever.

Basically they want you to sit in a darkened room in your home and smoke.....LOL.

Sadly...while the state can sell it to you and make big bank off the taxes....it's still AOK for your employer to fire you if they think you smoke/can prove you smoke or find you high at work. No protections in the workplace whatsoever. I'm glad I'm over that shit....but that aspect of it all definitely needs some attention. I can buy a 6 pack and drink it all....then wake up and go to work...no recourse. Smoke the night before...and then be sent in for a test....recourse. They promoted it all as "safer than alcohol" but they forgot to protect it like alcohol is in so many ways.

Best of luck to you NY folks...........

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
We had the folks who sold a trinket of some sort for $300 and then "gave" you a bag of weed at the onset of legalization but it definitely didn't last long. They wrote the law here to say that ANY "renumeration".......whether it be cash....bartering....or the fabled "donation". Anything other than gifting it outright is illegal here. While the grow laws and the small posession laws changed...laws surrounding sales did not. It's just as illegal here to deal as it ever was...yer just doing it for 1/4 of the money...if that.

Definitely @H.A.F. Not worrying is the biggest plus here....and we have NO weight limits for possession in yer home,.....and you can have up to a Z on you in public with no recourse...unless you are driving/smoking/etc. or breach one of the other paramaters of use...like smoking in public. Hotels can forbid it...landlords can forbid it on their property....and if yer a renter in a multi-family building situation...it isn't legal to grow there whatsoever.

Basically they want you to sit in a darkened room in your home and smoke.....LOL.

Sadly...while the state can sell it to you and make big bank off the taxes....it's still AOK for your employer to fire you if they think you smoke/can prove you smoke or find you high at work. No protections in the workplace whatsoever. I'm glad I'm over that shit....but that aspect of it all definitely needs some attention. I can buy a 6 pack and drink it all....then wake up and go to work...no recourse. Smoke the night before...and then be sent in for a test....recourse. They promoted it all as "safer than alcohol" but they forgot to protect it like alcohol is in so many ways.

Best of luck to you NY folks...........
It sounds like MA somewhat followed your rules. The only difference is the amount we can possess in our homes, but the way they wrote it just doesn't make any sense. If we are driving, then "technically" it is supposed to be locked in the golve compartment/console or in the trunk here. The state law says that we can possess no more than 10oz of flower in our homes but that anything cultivated on your property does not count toward that limit. I keep a detailed log throughout every one of my grows, which also includes final weights and weekly photos, just to cover my ass in case I piss someone off and they tell the police I have a large stash in my home. Only my closest friends and family know what I have, or where I keep it, so the chance of that happening are slim, but it's always better to be on the safe side in case it every happens.

D

Deleted member 60

Interesting. CO is the same on weed in the vehicle laws.....for purchases made at the dispensary....or carrying your homegrown. I've been stopped with my hash pipe in open view and nothing was said.....though that can be an in to questioning/a roadside/and testing if the cop is a prick/dick.

Laws change. We've seen so many changes here on the med side in the 21 years the laws has been in effect.... it's crazy. Always good to play it as safe as you can....but on the flipside...as penalties lessen.....it's also harder to play by their rules.... heehee. Be safe out there folks.....

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Anything is better than what is happening right now. I hear the problems with the budget deficit. Somethings gotta change. Even his followers are turning.
His approval rating is dropping quick.
He might wanna do something. What other benefit is there to being in a blue controlled state if we cant get some bennies. Amirightorwhat!?!
I could use the federal student loan forgiveness. My wife could too. Even 10k. Id take 10k. I'm sure some of u reading this have student loans. They PUSHED us to go to college.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I agree with that viewpoint @TreeFarmerCharlie ......but it isn't realistic at all. Think about alcohol again. Can you brew beer or make wine at home and sell it to the public (or even friends) without licensing/testing/all of the other protections in place to keep others safe from those who would profiteer without care about anything but profit?

And then there's taxes. Colorado makes a ton of $$ on taxing weed/weed related products via a @20% sales tax. (Rec sales...med folks only pay state/local taxes at the same rate other things are taxed) How many folks selling individually to friends would pay ANY taxes? Now that the States are getting a tastes of drug dealing....oppps....we are all out.

Like many other things...you have to love what you do enough to absorb the cost of your 'hobby". I had to rewire my head from those really nice profits to "well..i am saving hundreds per month growing my own...and I likely won;t go to jail foir any of it."...so at least there;s that....

but I do hear ya, Sad that we went from totally illegal to a fuckin retail/regulated/licensing situation.....but it is what it is...

@High kev ....yup.....ANY laws that don;t include a right to grow should be shot down....because it truly isn't "legal" if you can't grow some at home.
Flower is illegal here. Concentrates only.
Can't grow CBD weed either without a 1000 plant license.
I think, possibly, it's 3 in veg and 3 in flower, and only indoors, if I'm understanding the newest laws right.
Can't be pollenating some farmers "hemp" field.
After all these years, it's still all about the $$$ as @stiickygreen posted.
Always has been and always will.
You all are lucky you can grow your personal meds without worrying.
Some can't do that yet.

golgotha

Really Active Member
Cant you give a person an oz...and they charge them a delivery charge to give it to them?

What on earth will law enforcement do with all their spare time?? (That is a joke...for some reason legalzation means MORE police officers because if you sell weed when its LEGAL...well look out you bootlegger.

It is all about the money. But i am with Sticky.

I grow for me. And i grow without impunity. Even my dickhead neighbor can fuck his hat and enjoy the gangster fire i will grow on that fence line this year. :D

The market here is in freefall with the legal producers slashing prices. 1 oz bags delivered to your door from the government store for 120 bucks CDN (95 USD). 23% Jean Guy or monkey glue, kush, critical mass, probably a dozen strains.

Is it good...nope. It tastes ok...the good producers put bovedas in the bag. But its like selling your soul to the company store.

The freedom to grow and smoke is pretty cool. I like walking the dog with a big doob trailing smoke behind me.

Before legal an oz of fire if you knew the guy was 200....if you didnt 250 to 280. Now 100 and 150 or so.

Growing for a fraction of that...and knowing how it was grown is a lot better. I wont buy a doob from the gov EVER again.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Cant you give a person an oz...and they charge them a delivery charge to give it to them?

What on earth will law enforcement do with all their spare time?? (That is a joke...for some reason legalzation means MORE police officers because if you sell weed when its LEGAL...well look out you bootlegger.

I grow for me. And i grow without impunity. Even my dickhead neighbor can fuck his hat and enjoy the gangster fire i will grow on that fence line this year. :D

The market here is in freefall with the legal producers slashing prices. 1 oz bags delivered to your door from the government store for 120 bucks CDN (95 USD). 23% Jean Guy or monkey glue, kush, critical mass, probably a dozen strains.

Is it good...nope. It tastes ok...the good producers put bovedas in the bag. But its like selling your soul to the company store.

The freedom to grow and smoke is pretty cool. I like walking the dog with a big doob trailing smoke behind me.

Before legal an oz of fire if you knew the guy was 200....if you didnt 250 to 280. Now 100 and 150 or so.

Growing for a fraction of that...and knowing how it was grown is a lot better. I wont buy a doob from the gov EVER again.
Amen! Can I get a hell ya!! Sorry my stone cold 12 year old self just came out!

And Fuck your neighbor. Bitch, I got trail cams. Cross my fence, I dare ya!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

They can make all the laws they want - and they mean nothing without enforcement. I betcha a dolla that in non-legal US states bordering legal US states the resources, financial expenditures, and sheer effort being thrown at the "weed problem" are dwindling.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Weed tourism makes them even more moola.

There's a dispensary in WA 10 minutes away from SeaTac that advertises they are the closest shop to the airport.

The day we don't have to worry about it is when chia pet makes a Jerry Garcia head with your choice of GSC, SD or WW beans

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
They can make all the laws they want - and they mean nothing without enforcement. I betcha a dolla that in non-legal US states bordering legal US states the resources, financial expenditures, and sheer effort being thrown at the "weed problem" are dwindling.
They are saving some of the best states for last..
Those ground up glacier soil states.

D

Deleted member 60

I'm not even sure "delivery" is legal here. there was talk about it but I didn't follow along cus I'm not buying....but any money changing hands for any made up scenario here is illegal. IF they can deliver...it's a licensed dispen sary who is lying in bed with the state...not some guy growing in his closet shuckin bags.

As far as the decrim vs. legal gig....both have their percs....and limits. Colorado has been decriminalized since 1974....but only for posession of less than an ounce....which was a petty offfense like a traffic ticket. Still sent you to the courthouse to appear before the judge though...and got your name in the local paper...which could mean your job/etc. So it wasn't like it is now where there are NO penalties for under a z possession. (still can get fired though)

It was decim'd here the entire time I was in production all through the 90's and up to 2014 when we got rec and the market went to Hell.....but decrim...unlike legalization...has no allowances for growing. Before the laws changed....decrim ot nor...ANY growing was a no no......and it sure wouldn't have covered the bases for those 4-5 "personal" tents you have going in your house @H.A.F. Not even legal covers that! Med could....if you played it right....but outside of that...yer speedin hard enough to go to jail here for a bit. (Felony) Legal or no...there's a limit...somewhere.....guaranteed.

Freedom is just doing what you want/need to....regardless of the laws......like we did in the 90's....Drug Task force busting down doors all over the county....and you played, accepted the risk...and cashed the fuck in. All of that...and what most of us do here... is well over and "legal" or "decrim" allowances so none of it has a bearing when yer running that fast.

The laws being passed only pertain to small possession and less than 6 plant grows.....not houses full of ...um...yeah..."personal". (that's called intent...and conspiracy to manufacture)

Still a long way to go...but the laws will never get to a point that allows where most of us are doing to be "legal". Yer simply stepping on too many toes for that to ever be a reality.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yeah, it’s the same in MA. The law specifically says we can only give it away as a gift and that if any money or conditions are involved then it is no longer a gift. Friends and family have gifted me grow supplies, and some money to put into grow supplies but, if you really want to make sure you don’t violate the law, then it’s probably best to tel them to make sure they do that on a day when you don’t gift them grass. Either way, though, you’d have to already be in a lot of trouble for a cop or prosecutor to go after you for letting people help cover the cost of gardening for grass that you gift to them. I don’t see how that is any different than a friend buying paint and brushes for a friend who has a craft hobby and gives crafts to their friends as gifts.

D

Deleted member 60

It's still illegal to mail it here...even inside of a "legal" state. Not that they seem to do anything if you do (small quantity....unwelcomed tests have been performed here...LOL). I got a postcard once in my mailbox saying "it appears your package may contain illegal contraband. If you would like to retrieve your package you have 30 days to claim it or it will be destroyed." Sure thing...I'll be right down....:ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Freedom is just doing what you want/need to....regardless of the laws......like we did in the 90's....Drug Task force busting down doors all over the county....and you played, accepted the risk...and cashed the fuck in. All of that...and what most of us do here... is well over and "legal" or "decrim" allowances so none of it has a bearing when yer running that fast.
That is possibly the difference maker - I ain't cashing in. None leaves the house unless it's with family. There is literally no reason for even a visit.