New AC Infinity Clip Fan?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
that is what I did as both my fans came from Amazon. I just received my 2 new fans yesterday which is less than a month from time I emailed them. The new ones are so quiet and smooth operating and yes they have the best customer service.
Oddly enough since I got the first one replaced I had another clicker. That said the first ones I bought were in 2022. That's 2 years from what has always been a disposable item after about 6-12mo anyway.

I started out with 6 oscillating fans. I had 5 operating on either 12/12 or 18/6 with the timers (so they get a break) and one spare still in the box. The first clicker got the spare put into service, the second got the new model installed. So my spare is an oscillator that doesn't, but still blows like a mother.

I just got a replacement fan. The box of 6 fans I have showing up makes 7 - 1 more than I ever bought 🤷‍♂️ 🤘

That's easily $350 of merchandise, and I have one old-model that will only have a month of use on it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Fookin stoner.

My point was that I doubt many of my fans would still be under any kind of warranty.

I have 5 stationary clip fans in addition to the hoard of oscilating ones. I have four AC Infinity lights, a tent, exhausts for everything, random muffin fans, and ventillation for a drying closet.

I'm a fan
:unsure:

😂

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Can the gen 2 oscillate 24/7 ?
I'm sure they can. I have two fans in each tent. The oscillator is between the lights and the canopy and only on when the lights are. A stationary one at floor level runs 24/7 just keeping things from being stagnant. And the exhaust is on 24/7. I just put the oscillator on the timer to try and extend the life.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’ll give it a try online and see what happens.
The hiccup you'll find is the blank that asks for an order number. I used both my previous AC Infinity order numbers and the amazon order numbers and apparently both worked. There was no way to even add a picture of a store receipt.

E-mail their customer service, and when they reply you can show a pic of the fan and the lot number sticker.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's an odd thought.

They know exactly how many of the original fans are out there and what it would cost to replace every one.
They had/have a budget for the R&D, pre-production, testing, production and rollout of the new model.
If they factored $1mil (for example) into the budget just for this replacement that money is technically spent.
That $1mil could be directly deducted from any cost of advertizing the new fan, word of mouth is king.
and every fan that is not claimed is then profit.
There is a lots of talk about the "amazing customer support", who are just doing the job that had been planned for a while.

There's not really a downside.

Kulla380

Really Active Member
I'm sure they can. I have two fans in each tent. The oscillator is between the lights and the canopy and only on when the lights are. A stationary one at floor level runs 24/7 just keeping things from being stagnant. And the exhaust is on 24/7. I just put the oscillator on the timer to try and extend the life.
Good to know. Do you run yours whitout the controller? At the moment I've 2 stationary at floor level and looking for a fan at canopy hights.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Good to know. Do you run yours whitout the controller? At the moment I've 2 stationary at floor level and looking for a fan at canopy hights.
I don’t have mine on my controller. There’s really no need to unless you want to ramp the speed up and down based on conditions. I did that at first, but found no real benefit, so I took them off to free up ports and have less wiring.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's an oddity I noticed on the shipping notification. Pretty sure ACI is a US based company. Shipping label created in "US" But they have manufacturing in and are shipping from Canada? :unsure: 🤷‍♂️Hmmmm
Oh, I love the "Ontario, CA, US" in the same place LOL

1708813512374.png

Kulla380

Really Active Member
A controller and the associated stuff is what I won't be buying. I'm an analog kid. Hand watering, mechanical timers, less for me to glitch up.
I don’t have mine on my controller. There’s really no need to unless you want to ramp the speed up and down based on conditions. I did that at first, but found no real benefit, so I took them off to free up ports and have less wiring.
Indeed. Less stuff to fail.
So 85€ total to my door. I cannot find a decent pole fan in eu. Would you guys say it's worth the money?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Indeed. Less stuff to fail.
So 85€ total to my door. I cannot find a decent pole fan in eu. Would you guys say it's worth the money?
It's an oscillating fan. In my mind those are still disposable. That said I bought the first in 2022 and ot took 2 years for one to click. Never had that performance from Vivosux or any other company - usually 6-12mo.

They are only about $50 here so that's hard to say. Compare it to what a regular fan costs.

With the new model there is no cord-drag or anything getting hug up and causine early death of the fan. If the Gen1 models last 2 years, then these might be worth it.