Mid flower PM

Opie1

Master Grower
One of the main causes of powdery mildew is a big fluctuation in humidity, like getting really high and then dropping really low. This really causes it to flourish.
Whenever I had it, I used a uv light and then burnt sulphur inside my tent that was infected, and then washed it down with bleach and burnt sulphur again. After all this I got a 70pt. dehumidifier, haven’t had any problems since.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Now how does HB grows back to back with both seed mom and production seed plants, in a simple house room environment, with a mini split and CO2.
He successfully keeps those grows
Without high humidity fluctuations. swings.
I mean the man grows hedges!
Rows of Hedges of packed buds
Densely spaced plants. In a closed room with water daily!!!
I tried to run a closed room with a lighter CO2 demand being from exhale bags and even a Oversized mini split. At week 4-6 of flower I still had to open the door to bring fresh air in to drop humidity from low 70’s back to 53%. So perhaps Uncle HB has some wisdom he can bestow.

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
That's not true. You can get it in a 20% humidity tent and the reason is micro-climate within it's own canopy. Trust me, it's dry as a popcorn fart here and I got it. Through overcrowding it was. That created the micro climate for it to form.
Haha spot on!
But a popcorn fart?

In other news
When googling said fart....
Medical Definition of Popcorn lung
“Popcorn lung” is due to chronic exposure to a chemical that is used in making artificial butter flavoring. ... Signs and symptoms of "popcorn lung" are primarily cough and shortness of breath.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Now how does HB grows back to back with both seed mom and production seed plants, in a simple house room environment, with a mini split and CO2.
He successfully keeps those grows
Without high humidity fluctuations. swings.
I mean the man grows hedges!
Rows of Hedges of packed buds
Densely spaced plants. In a closed room with water daily!!!
I tried to run a closed room with a lighter CO2 demand being from exhale bags and even a Oversized mini split. At week 4-6 of flower I still had to open the door to bring fresh air in to drop humidity from low 70’s back to 53%. So perhaps Uncle HB has some wisdom he can bestow.
He also swears by his bennie tea as a beneficial proactive way of stoppingit befire it starts

Opie1

Master Grower
That's not true. You can get it in a 20% humidity tent and the reason is micro-climate within it's own canopy. Trust me, it's dry as a popcorn fart here and I got it. Through overcrowding it was. That created the micro climate for it to form.
I never said you couldn’t get it where it’s dry. The fluctuations in humidity causes it flourish. If you can keep your humidity steady you won’t have a problem. Powdery mildew is everywhere, you’d be surprised.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
I do not understand one aspect of the dehumidifier in a closed room with a mini split running as well.
I pull a 4-5 gallon bucket of condensate every day from the room I empty. I also have a 1ton /12000 btu humidifier I could run as ac or humidifier but when I select humidifier the compressor runs just like my Mini split so what’s the difference ?
mini split only controlling temp.
Humidifier only controlling humidity.
So itt pulls another 2 gallons of water from the room?
Somewhere in the equation
Plant count
Plant transpiration must be bought to
Considering.
I mean HB feeding only feeding
dyna gro. No teas ....
I did not see any humidifier in any of his grow room you tube videos.
His rooms look closed to me so
When his hedges of bud start cranking
Out transpiration how is he handling all the humidity ???? The man has to feed water daily his ladies drink & grow on a fast fast pace.
there must be a cannabis plant room occupancy value per cubic ft of grow room. Whether your sea of green or growing trees in a room there has to be a number for plant capacity..

Last edited:

Opie1

Master Grower
Classic example of not enough or no air movement. Ya gotta have fans.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I never said you couldn’t get it where it’s dry. The fluctuations in humidity causes it flourish. If you can keep your humidity steady you won’t have a problem. Powdery mildew is everywhere, you’d be surprised.
Not surprised at all, I know PM is everywhere. Didn't have any fluctuations either. So let me ask you if fluctuations in humidity alone were the issue, how can anything be grown outside? PM sure as heck not specific to weed.

Classic example of not enough or no air movement. Ya gotta have fans.
Too simple of an answer. Everybody has fans. I sure as hell do. Are you saying it's air movement or humidity?
How do you explain it in a low humidity tent with plenty of airflow?

Plenty about pm and micro climate on google

PM and MICRO climate

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Not surprised at all, I know PM is everywhere. Didn't have any fluctuations either. So let me ask you if fluctuations in humidity alone were the issue, how can anything be grown outside? PM sure as heck not specific to weed.

Too simple of an answer. Everybody has fans. I sure as hell do. Are you saying it's air movement or humidity?
How do you explain it in a low humidity tent with plenty of airflow?

Plenty about pm and micro climate on google

PM and MICRO climate
What about defoliation?

Opie1

Master Grower
Maybe that big glowing ball in the sky? I know what works for me, plenty of air movement and a steady humidity level, and that’s all I suggest to anyone. If you don’t agree, oh well.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
What about defoliation?
Definitely helps, definitely prune enough so there are no overlapping leaves touching from the beginning. I won't let that happen again, I've leaned my lesson, lol. I was jamming 10 plants into a 6 plant tent. I got away with it for a while..................then one little mofo'ing spot showed up. I never thought that I would have this problem based on my low humidity, high airflow, and excellent exhaust. How the fuck could that happen??? Micro climate was right and PM is already there...........bang, you got it.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Maybe that big glowing ball in the sky? I know what works for me, plenty of air movement and a steady humidity level, and that’s all I suggest to anyone. If you don’t agree, oh well.
Umm clouds....cloudy day.....rain.etc.

I'm glad it works for you, nothing wrong with it but you can still get it having both plenty of air movement and a steady humidity level.
There were 66 thousand hits on that google search, I think I will agree with the bulk of those instead.