Mid flower PM

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Right. Its good stock but still. I got bud. Wtf am i gonna do with moldy or sprayed bud.
I may just go back to the coco, ffof, perlite mixture for growbro. He can handle watering. Lesson learned. He really doesnt have any common sense to even notice sokething was wrong, let alone how to correct it.
If you keep it every time you puff on it you will be thinking about all the mold spores. NERO says thumbs down!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Ya todays the day.
Axe em I guess. Ivr got clones at another location of the GMO and wed dub but the gg4 had a rough time with the low temps.
The lvtk x mimosa by red is doing ok. All 10/10 on germ rate!! Go red!! Oh and a new light! Qb96 v2 3500k + reds 200+Watts for 69$$$$!!! For the LED. The drivwr is another 50$ but hey its gonna give me the opportunity for a legit veg room. I am still waiting on an order of Topanga s1. He accepted my money the 28th of October. Wheres my shit dude? Not gonna start pointing fingers , but if the seeds arent even hatched yet why sell an early?
Like for an example take the last 2 feminized seeds left on GPS arent even in stock. They ship in December!

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
Since this isn’t the preventative route meaning your not trying to prevent it before you get infected this is the a suggestion for infested people + your in bloom , spray some greencure aka potassium bicarbonate ( cheap/safe till harvest + since your indoors & it’s not going to be every application based on days apply at lower rate-mid every 5-7 days ) then whole time monitor/examine the plants if they are showing any signs of pm populations .
The lower-mid application recommend over higher dosage in mid-ending is suggested ( at least from me) because greencure can burn the hairs and make the plant have to work 3-7 days to make em white and recovered ( not worth it if your plant can remove the pm at lower rates and be fine + more efficient/cheaper in long run)

If you do find that lower- mid is range isn’t working out for you apply the max dosage ( I’ve done it a few times and all it does is turn the hairs brown, and the plant will recover quickly ) a few times then go back down to mid range and see how it goes for you.

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Its happening again!! Any advice is welcome.

What sort of precautions can i take using amendments in my medium?
I use coco / perlite/ soil-ff.
I have a growbro and his watering methods are inexperienced to say the least. I usually veg at a seperate locale and bring them when they are ready for flower. But as stated before I lost my last run from this shit. And I started all over. I sprayed everything with bleach water. I even sprayed my used fabric pots with green cure. Sodium bicarbonate. In hindsight I should've washed them by uand using soap and water.
The water spots aren't the same looking as previously. Its as if they are molding.

Things I have done to help cure the pm of my environment. A 4x4 tent.

I have 2- 4" hydrofarm exhaust fans pushing the air nearly 40 feet! I placed the second in series about halfway through the run.
I placed a backflow damper on the dryer side of the splitter/wye I have at the dryer vent outlet. This will keep said air from backflowing into the dryer.
I had initially bought the damper to keep warm moist dryer air from entering the tent.

I have several questions. If I was to add this damper, wpuldnt it close of the exhaust,fromthe tent side? The fans are running 100%24-7 so it could cause overheatong issues.
Also is it reasonable to think that by having rhe fans on all the time that the dryer air wouldn't have a way back into the tent.
Are the mold spores in thw exhaust pipes now? Yes they are cheap plastic lines. With alot of 45s and 90s in the 30+ feet of 4".

Are there any preventative amendments I can add throughout the run to keep this from coming back?

In my research of the green cure product it explained that the sodium bicarbonate in the product dehydrates and kills the powdery mildew. But also leaves a coating on the leaves that helps keep the pm from returning. It did help kill it , but it returns and I am starting flower so the foliar treatments will start to burn the pistils... Even when spraying after lights off. @Opie1 @HydroRed @jesselikestogrow @JohnFonda

I wanna use diatemecous earth and maybe foliar silica sprays. But the silica binds up the sprayer after a use or two. They both have benefits besides there pm preventative properties.
As we all know the dm helps deter many type of pests, but there are silica properties.

Silica helps to hold up the buds later in flower by strengthening the stems. But it also helps keep it,from pm.

Are there any other types that wouldnt affect the finished product? I can't imagine this isnt zappong the terpenes and potency from my buds. After a MAJOR defoliation, to help get some air flow, and a spray with green cure at,the,beginning of the week , it came back of a few fans a couple days later.
That was the night I sprayed again and added the booster fan. Red recommended a product in the heisen thread but,I cant remember the name and am out of service range atm. Hence my long post. These long rides to work make me think about my satellite grows.
I had plans to,use the extra exhaust and qb96 in a veg tent at another location but its more suited for the existing application. Mayne when it comes time. I will get a 6 in for thw flower room so I dont have,to move the tent,closer to the exhaust. I would have to reduce it from 6 to 4 right at the end of the run. Either way I have the tent , still in the box, and some nice plants ready to be put,in. @InfiniteIndo autos, a big ass GMO or wed dub cut , 7 eso seeds @thenotsoesoteric dbb, gbub x lvtk ready to go.
Thanks y'all! Happy Friday!! Enjoy the weekend!!! -Ty

Opie1

Master Grower
95D0115B-94CA-4438-AB30-EF037FE24181.png
I think this is what Red suggested. I’m not sure if you can safely add this to your medium, I wouldn’t think it’d be safe.
I took all my plants out and soaked them with GreenCure, while they were out and drying, I burnt a couple oz’s of sulphur (yeah that’s a lot, lol) to kill any spores that might have gotten missed (like in the fans, light fixtures,etc).
Only other option would be getting a UV light I think.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
View attachment 41058
I think this is what Red suggested. I’m not sure if you can safely add this to your medium, I wouldn’t think it’d be safe.
I took all my plants out and soaked them with GreenCure, while they were out and drying, I burnt a couple oz’s of sulphur (yeah that’s a lot, lol) to kill any spores that might have gotten missed (like in the fans, light fixtures,etc).
Only other option would be getting a UV light I think.
Ya, thats it. I was reading up on it and it is to be used as a foliar. The half life on it is short too, so if you apply right before going into 12/12 it will be out of the plants 100% by harvest. This will keep the plants safe. To get rid of the pm on the bags, you could possibly give a lite mist on the outer portion of the bags with the same stuff and kill it off/make it a hard spot for it to take hold again. If you have pm coming back within days after using Greencure then your problem is much bigger than just "some spores blowing around". You have an air intake/exchange issue or a big swing in temps/cold environment etc.
I notice you said you have (2) 4" fans. Are these "real" exhaust fans or are we talking those little can fans that arent really for doing anything but a slight boost in a duct line? Also, is there a reason you have so many feet of ducting? 40' seems awful long for any 4" fan certainly when its faced with 90* bends and dampeners etc. I have a feeling if you just scrapped all the ducting to the dryer vent and just exhausted your tent through a good filter right into the room that the tent is in, your pm troubles would likely disappear and everything would work like it is supposed to.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Ok so lets look at my UV options.
I have the aluminum angle to make a custom rig to hold these chips and dc power supplies.
The trick is how to add a few of these in parallel or series with my current drivers.
I have 2 240h1750's for 2 sets of 4 qb132's
I forget thw specs on these. But if its not possible I would be open to suggestions of a cheap light that includes a power supply. My time is very limited so that may be the best way to achieve a finish for these buds.
I went again last night and there was ONE f@cking fan leaf with pm still on it. I dont know how this is possible. I could tell it was old growth too. Right in the middle on one of the gmo clones. This first pic is a wed dub clone that has the most bud site on a single plant I have every grown. The GMO is a close second.
0110201952a.jpg
The majority in this second pic are female lvtk x Mimosa seeds. I really wanna get these to the finish. I sprayed them one last time at lights out. You can see the discoloration from the previous treatments but they seem to be doing ok. I defoliated the wed dub and others after the pic was taken to help get more airflow.
0110201952a.jpg0110201952.jpg
My growbro reported air coming out of the booster fan located midway through run outside. He smelled the exhaust.
Is there something I'm missing?
We have a 296 com rated brand new 4 inch carbon filter in the tent and 2 4 inch hydrofarm 165 cfm fans. Then why is he smelling it in the house? Why isnt my new can working?

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Regalia is a good one for sure to help prevent and fight it, also look into serenade and or tribus microbes as a foliar the microbes will compete with the pm , I'm doing sulfur burn one a week, foliar with Bennie's and silica the next week, then greencure the following week and then repeat, I also have 2 circulation fans going in the room and been keeping my humidity stable at 50 and night temps are at about 74 seems to have done the trick for me haven't seen any in a while now

Last edited:

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
If you are using one of these,scrap it.
hydroplanet-4-inch-duct-booster-fan-exhaust-fan-high-cfm-4-65-100-cfm-4-inch__41cYRhPPF8L.jpg
They are more of a hindrance than a help.
You really need to scrap that 40' of ducting to dryer vent with dampners etc too. Your never gonna get around your issues with smell/PM/ and air exchange the way you currently have it set up. Your friend is setting himself up for major failure.
Set the tent up like I showed you in the doodle I sent you.
Untitled.png
This way, you arent running long lengths of ducting and a low cfm fan will actually do the job correctly and also keep the smells in the tent before they leave the carbon scrubber. Ive had my tents set up like this for quite some time now with zero smells as long as you change up the filter every 6 months or so. Hook your exhaust fan up to a thermostatic controlled outlet like this
61pVmJLNSrS._AC_SY879_.jpg
and set it to run at 78*F during lights on, and set it to run constant when lights are off.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Everyone has great ideas on how to treat but you need to take care of the humidity.
If the house is high in RH it doesn’t matter how much air you flow out your not reducing RH. You may need a dehumidifier. You also haven’t mentioned what your RH is, get a gauge with a min-max memory feature. Then you can see what’s going on at night with the lights off.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Everyone has great ideas on how to treat but you need to take care of the humidity.
If the house is high in RH it doesn’t matter how much air you flow out your not reducing RH. You may need a dehumidifier. You also haven’t mentioned what your RH is, get a gauge with a min-max memory feature. Then you can see what’s going on at night with the lights off.
He said his RH spikes to like 85% only when lights off.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
That's what did me in the cooler temps and high humidity at lights off let that crap go apeshit, I been trying to keep it above 72 at night, helps with stretch as well and depending on the type of pm you have it has a harder time breeding at the slightly warmer temps, there is two kinds we deal with and they don't flourish in the same humidity and temperature conditions so finding out the conditions that let what you have come out will help you with finding ways to cure it, could also try an hour or two at a little bit above 100 degrees in your room that can also help kill the spores and what you have flying around, keep us posted man I absolutely hate that s***

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
If you are using one of these,scrap it.
View attachment 41319
They are more of a hindrance than a help.
You really need to scrap that 40' of ducting to dryer vent with dampners etc too. Your never gonna get around your issues with smell/PM/ and air exchange the way you currently have it set up. Your friend is setting himself up for major failure.
Set the tent up like I showed you in the doodle I sent you.
View attachment 41321
This way, you arent running long lengths of ducting and a low cfm fan will actually do the job correctly and also keep the smells in the tent before they leave the carbon scrubber. Ive had my tents set up like this for quite some time now with zero smells as long as you change up the filter every 6 months or so. Hook your exhaust fan up to a thermostatic controlled outlet like this
View attachment 41320
and set it to run at 78*F during lights on, and set it to run constant when lights are off.
The length of the run is the prob with that fan. Not the fan. My six in intake moves 240 cfm, four inch squirrel cage moves bout 190-210. Intake flush with tent, exhaust 4 ft run to scrubber. Fans never off, tent runs a lil dry sometimes, but no pm, mold, or bugs. That six incher, 240 cfm cost 20. Lol just sayin.