Megacrop thread

Sc006

If I know anything. I know nothing.
I ended up putting a pound of MC (454 G) into 1 quart of water.

I use 30ml of that and check the TDS to get where i need to be. That brings me in at 700 TDS I add more as needed

For the ones later in flower back off the amount of solution and add a couple grams of Bud Explosion

Water always ends up at 5.7 after i add that.
I was thinking of doing this. Is it hard to dissolve and can you use well water with say 200 ppm range to dissolve it in?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I used RO water but that should work. And if you want to make it easy on yourself use hot water. It disolves better.
It separates a bit when you leave it into a brown sludge on the bottom and dark brown fluid. I shake it up and pour it out. It smells like ass the same as the bag. But no powder to taste..I don't miss it.

Sc006

I used RO water but that should work. And if you want to make it easy on yourself use hot water. It disolves better.
It separates a bit when you leave it into a brown sludge on the bottom and dark brown fluid. I shake it up and pour it out. It smells like ass the same as the bag. But no powder to taste..I don't miss it.
Thanks do use 30 ml a gal? Just trying to get a rough idea of the ratio. Mixing up powder ever few days is a pain in the ass lol after awhile.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Well that would help...lol...i fill a 5 gallon bottle at a time. The kind you put on a water cooler.
I fill them with my RO water machine and the easiest to slug around. I keep 8 jugs (40G) full of plain water for water swaps.
What i recommend is you check the TDS of your water, add 30ml to the water and shake it and see where it gets you. Then you can dial it in.

It also helps ensure it is a more homogeneous mixture of what is in Megacrop. When i weighed out 17 grams per 5 gallons how do you know its equal representation of those cal mag chips etc...

This way i know.

Sc006

Well that would help...lol...i fill a 5 gallon bottle at a time. The kind you put on a water cooler.
I fill them with my RO water machine and the easiest to slug around. I keep 8 jugs (40G) full of plain water for water swaps.
What i recommend is you check the TDS of your water, add 30ml to the water and shake it and see where it gets you. Then you can dial it in.

It also helps ensure it is a more homogeneous mixture of what is in Megacrop. When i weighed out 17 grams per 5 gallons how do you know its equal representation of those cal mag chips etc...

This way i know.
Yeah the way I do it now is 25 gram per 5 gals water. Gives me 800 900 ppm minus my water. According to my cheap ppm pen lol. I was just trying to get a rough idea how much you would have to add of th liquid solution to get around 800 ppm. Thanks for the info!

TrichsRus

Mega crop @ 4grams and the mega crop calmag have been doing great for me. I stopped using the calmag @ week 3. Everything is too green. I'm assuming too much nitrogen. I dont have any clawing and very little burnt tips. I am seeing some burnt/brown spots on the leaf serrations...any ideas? Not sure if it's a deficiency, if its nute burn or light burn. 5 weeks into flower.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
If you put a pound into 1 quart of water each ml has .48 grams of MC. Then you can do the math from there.

15G per 5 gallons is 30ml (close enough for me).
25G per 5 is 50ml etc.

What i just realized is how overpriced AN is. I mean i knew but...wow that much AN sensi perfect is 100 bucks.
454 grams of MC is 8 bucks (at the 2.5JKG CDN price)

Last edited:

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I feel rather lost mac. 🤣🤣🤣Ohhh got it now the cup was sitting out for a while. I wish my tap was 6.4. Tap is at 7.2-4. After adding a full scoop of MC to the 5 gallon yesterday it dropped to 6.5 then I added pH Down to it until I hit 5.7. haven't used it in flower yet...never used pH up growing yet lol. Have dumped 5 gallons of nutes from over dosing however 😅😂😅 media for the 5 gallon from yesterday is hydro. Today's mix is for the seedlings, the 2g per gallon feed I was just complaining about. Lol I need to buy a bluelab.
Alrighty then I gotcha

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Used up my samples, so I ordered a 2500g bag. Emailed greenleaf asking how do I know if it's version 2 or 3 and they said all US and Amazon orders get version 3. I asked what the difference was and they said:

hi, the newest/latest version of Mega Crop, has around 25% more Calcium, 8% more Magnesium, less dusty and easier to measure and increased Iron as the main difference!

@macsnax asked for some pics of it on my thread, so I thought it would be most useful here.

20190929_085535.jpg
Jar not included. I wanted a widemouth jar to transfer into because I hate putting my hand in the bag and having it coat my hands. The scoop is included as usual, looks like a hammer pipe lol.
20190929_085630.jpg
I don't have the old bag to compare with

20190929_085853.jpg
Yep, still stinks like ass

20190929_090033.jpg
After pouring, the poof-up didn't seem to be as bad as the samples, but IDK.

20190929_090511.jpg
This wasn't planned out, but all of it fit in the jar, which is 64 oz.

Last edited:

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Good to know that fits in a 64oz jar. I'll have to grab one like that if I see one. All you guys that say it stinks must have never cracked open a fresh bottle of photo+ lmao. One whiff of that, and the megacrop actually smells pretty good lol.
My dogs and cats all react differently to it lol. Cat loves ceeeping up when the bag is opened. He almost stuffed his face in the jar while I was taking pics. One of the dogs hates it (the smartest one lol). The other ones would roll in it if they could hahahaha

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Good to know that fits in a 64oz jar. I'll have to grab one like that if I see one. All you guys that say it stinks must have never cracked open a fresh bottle of photo+ lmao. One whiff of that, and the megacrop actually smells pretty good lol.
Yea, I think it has a slight coffee smell, in addition to the smell of ass though😂😂, but still smells better than nectar for the gods, that had some stinky shit!

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Used up my samples, so I ordered a 2500g bag. Emailed greenleaf asking how do I know if it's version 2 or 3 and they said all US and Amazon orders get version 3. I asked what the difference was and they said:

hi, the newest/latest version of Mega Crop, has around 25% more Calcium, 8% more Magnesium, less dusty and easier to measure and increased Iron as the main difference!

@macsnax asked for some pics of it on my thread, so I thought it would be most useful here.

View attachment 23874
Jar not included. I wanted a widemouth jar to transfer into because I hate putting my hand in the bag and having it coat my hands. The scoop is included as usual, looks like a hammer pipe lol.
View attachment 23876
I don't have the old bag to compare with

View attachment 23877
Yep, still stinks like ass

View attachment 23878
After pouring, the poof-up didn't seem to be as bad as the samples, but IDK.

View attachment 23879
This wasn't planned out, but all of it fit in the jar, which is 64 oz.
I'm gonna have to see how this does in a res, crossing my fingers for better, lol.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
guess I got version 3. Working as usual. Still love the shit, no matter what version. I finally got the 750 bag also, had myself and three friends use up the free sample thing, lol. Decided between MC and URB, I'll go ahead and buy regular, not skimp by all the time on the free samples. I did also get the smll PK Booster to try out this time, those numbers scream burn to me, along with the MC numbers, but danged if it dont' work out just fine for me. Handwatering smarties. Simple, effective, easy peasy. jme

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I noticed the Wedding Cake S1s "clawing"from too much Nitrogen. Flushed em out real good and had to back it down from around 700 ppm to 520, now I am going to try to add some P K from another nute line to get some fat colas.

Last edited:

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
At what point are you all using BE? And at what concentration?
Im using 1/8 teaspoon per gallon. 5 ml or g of MC. Shot of homemade Epsom salt/moleasses. Some URB microbes. Mine look good. I keep em a tad on the dry side, feedin every other or at least every two days. I don't use a pen, I just ph my mix, so I have no idea per the ppms etc.