Megacrop thread

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I weighed it out in grams. I was off by a lot of decimals. I dont trust the scoop when the fert has a varied consistancy (white pebbles and stuff).

22 grams were used. I used the greenleaf feed calculator for a 5 gallon bottle. And it would add about 875 TDS so my TDS may need calibrating but its not too far off if it is at all.

Too bad it wasnt miligrams it would be a lifetime supply for 40 bucks! suck it Advanced Nutrients!!

SSGrower

Average Grower
I weighed it out in grams. I was off by a lot of decimals. I dont trust the scoop when the fert has a varied consistancy (white pebbles and stuff).

22 grams were used. I used the greenleaf feed calculator for a 5 gallon bottle. And it would add about 875 TDS so my TDS may need calibrating but its not too far off if it is at all.

Too bad it wasnt miligrams it would be a lifetime supply for 40 bucks! suck it Advanced Nutrients!!
That inconsistency is why I made a stock solution. It srayed stable, no noticiable degeedation. I would have to double check but it was someting like 0.1g per ml.

On the epsom, play it safe and go for laxitive grade.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Usually I add some silica in the begining...a lot of it actually. It really helps rebound against my manual abuse of plants...die by squishing or thrive...

Silica beefs em up so even frankendoobs cant squish em...and i spend my spare time wrenching so thats the real deal.

But i can buy until i thrive....i want to know now and i am abusing the ever loving shit out of these MC plants with no silica adder.

Lets see what happens.

Last edited:

Goats

Kush Lover
i have been using the new formula at 5g/gallon with success. some of my plants were getting purple stems so i started also adding 1g/gallon of epsom and the issue went away.

i am adding the PK booster for the first time this run as well. added it at 1g/gallon. all-in my reservoir was ~750PPM. 2.5 weeks since flip and everything is really healthy and happy.

i am running a drip system in pure coco feeding 3x/day dtw for anyone wondering.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hey @Goats just out of curiosity what is the reasoning behind the strait coco vs. mixing with something like perilite. Maybe you have coco chips or something was just wondering. I do not see that often is why i am asking.

Goats

Kush Lover
Hey @Goats just out of curiosity what is the reasoning behind the strait coco vs. mixing with something like perilite. Maybe you have coco chips or something was just wondering. I do not see that often is why i am asking.
since moving to coco a few years ago i've never added anything else. i was told it holds the perfect amount of air on its own so there is no need to add perlite or any other aeration. it has worked well so i never changed it. one less thing to buy, despite perlite being really cheap.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
since moving to coco a few years ago i've never added anything else. i was told it holds the perfect amount of air on its own so there is no need to add perlite or any other aeration. it has worked well so i never changed it. one less thing to buy, despite perlite being really cheap.
I might have to experiment with that some. I would think it would make a difference in the amount water it holds. Not sure that that even makes a difference as i am now convinced it would be hard to over water period in coco.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Are either one of you guys running any type of root enhancer like mycorrhizal in the strait coco

Goats

Kush Lover
Are either one of you guys running any type of root enhancer like mycorrhizal in the strait coco
i dust the hole with some myco before transplanting, but for the past few runs that has been it for bennies. i have some +life from hydroponic research left that i may start adding to the res the last few days before i change it out next run. if i add it from the start the res gets dirty faster, that is the primary reason i haven't been using it.

Goats

Kush Lover
I might have to experiment with that some. I would think it would make a difference in the amount water it holds. Not sure that that even makes a difference as i am now convinced it would be hard to over water period in coco.
yeah seems tough to over water in coco. i think the only time you could get into some trouble is by watering too frequently before the plant has had a chance to establish itself in the pot.

D

Deleted member 60

Other than grower error....I was very happy with my first full cycle using MC.

The grower error was just letting it fly and not being more on my toes re the total nitrogen involved/stored here. No detrimental effects....but I've been sitting/finishing a few plants outside and after getting them out from under the hps I could really see how >green< they still were...even with a bit of fade/discoloration coming in on the fans.

I made another order and included the bloom booster/sweet candy/kelp/cal mag. I'll definitely pay more attention from here on out...LOL.

I'm also thinking the CalMag mix will be a great addition for the tomatoes...both indoors and out. Will likely not use it on the weed unless I see I need to.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Ive had so much of an increase of healthier plants, bigger denser buds and no pest problems, and I know that it may or may not have nothing to do with it, but my best flowers Im producing now is Megacrop and URB and homeade blackstrap/epsom mixture. Half strength from the calculator, I teaspoon or 2.5ml i think, go figure, wasn't my intention, just watching the plant. No ph probs. Been using it for a minute, notice the difference from the bottle juices. Gotta love that and the one part. Gonna try the mixture on a mater plant or two and see if any diff.