Mac's lovely ladies and some dudes too

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Not sure if this is just an open question or directed at anyone in particular, but I'm using supposedly Ver. 3 according to greenleaf reps. Didn't use Ver. 2 much but it looks a little less "dusty." No terrible swings so far. I'm only comparing this to the limited time I ran Ver. 2, GH3, and GH Floranova. All 3 were pretty steady for me in RO, while Ver. 2 succumbed to the rapid ph rise in tap (250ppm/7.4-8.1 ph fluctuation after probes sitting over night [no this isn't a typo]). If I kept using tap I would consider buying ph down by the gallon.
Something to note. I rarely had to use ph up while trying to dial in new growing vessels, but with the last few res changes, I've had to use ph up (actually GH Armor SI silica, cuz I want to combat the celery snaps). Using that also gave me white ribbons swirling around, more as the res emptied. No cal mag was used during applications of silica unless it was already in the current changeout and I had to bump up ph if it crashed below 5.5 (uncommon).
I'm running V2 atm, gotta use it up. V2 treated me a lot better than V1, it was always drifting up for me. I'm not sure how much it had to do with me using tap, but I have V2 locked down a bit better. Not sure about V3, but I don't want to be switching shit up all the time, lol. I was checking out the floraflex line the other day, looks like N could be controlled a lil better.
I actually only ran the V1 for about 2 yrs or so and just recently went back to GH 3 part (but only use two technically). Never had issues with my tap (usually between 6.0-6.8 depending on season) so drift up wasnt bad and was actually welcomed. Doesnt take much at all to bring it down to 5.6 or so initially at res change. I would see slight drift up somewhere in the ballpark of 0.5pH over 4-7 days with the MC. I usually experience about 1 full point of lowering per 1ml of pH down per gallon so bringing down 12 gallons 1/2 a point per res/per week wasnt much of a hassle at all. Where Im at in MI, I've never once bought a bottle of the pH up. Were pretty fortunate in regards to water here.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I really like MC but the high N in flower thing and new versions coming out every year is leaving a bit too be desired. Maybe I should check or out V3 before I jump ship. For me it's really about ease of use, I don't have time to hassle with stuff these days. Your tap water sounds better than mine, usually 7.0-7.7 depending on season and 130-170ish ppm. And I've always went by the motto that if you need ph up, you're doing something wrong, lol. Sounds like you have your setup pretty figured out. But of course you do, you're the hyrdrored brotha, lol.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
That's not a bad thing either, that's kinda how I rolled with the V1, helps keep the def at bay...... Are the blumats running good for ya?
Yea i starting to gain control of the blumats. They sure are sensitive.( only had 5-6 runaways before i got the hang of things lol ) I will get on top of the ph drift. Just kind of caught me by surprize. Now that i understand what is going on i am liking the idea of some fluctuation for nutrient uptake. It was actually not a huge drift maybe .6 or .7

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Yea i starting to gain control of the blumats. They sure are sensitive.( only had 5-6 runaways before i got the hang of things lol ) I will get on top of the ph drift. Just kind of caught me by surprize. Now that i understand what is going on i am liking the idea of some fluctuation for nutrient uptake. It was actually not a huge drift maybe .6 or .7
Those runaways will keep you on your toes, once you get the routine down it becomes a rarity. And .7 isn't that bad at all. Keep your updates coming man, I like hearing how it's going on your end.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I really like MC but the high N in flower thing and new versions coming out every year is leaving a bit too be desired. Maybe I should check or out V3 before I jump ship. For me it's really about ease of use, I don't have time to hassle with stuff these days. Your tap water sounds better than mine, usually 7.0-7.7 depending on season and 130-170ish ppm. And I've always went by the motto that if you need ph up, you're doing something wrong, lol. Sounds like you have your setup pretty figured out. But of course you do, you're the hyrdrored brotha, lol.
You and I are on the same page with the MC. I dont want to have to keep learning a virtually new nutrient every time they change the formula. Maybe once they get it figured out and stick with 1 version I'll go back?

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
You and I are on the same page with the MC. I dont want to have to keep learning a virtually new nutrient every time they change the formula. Maybe once they get it figured out and stick with 1 version I'll go back?
No not at all man. That's the thing is each version comes with it's own rules to play by, lol. I didn't know either, but we brought some V3 in a couple weeks ago. My freshly rooted clones have been getting it for a few weeks, looks like healthy MC plants to me. I'll start monitoring ph and see how that's goes.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
No not at all man. That's the thing is each version comes with it's own rules to play by, lol. I didn't know either, but we brought some V3 in a couple weeks ago. My freshly rooted clones have been getting it for a few weeks, looks like healthy MC plants to me. I'll start monitoring ph and see how that's goes.
Well i am still on V2 and when i contacted MC i asked them if they would be so kind as to please ship the V3 to me as i had just opened V2 and it's outdated already. There reply back stated that the only difference was more cal-mag in V3. There recommendation was to add more cal-mag to my MC. Which i have been doing since finding out. Seems to be okay so far. I need to get thru this V2 or the MC wont be such a bargain. Of COURSE by that time V4 will be out.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I believe theres a bit more thats changed. The numbers on the bag are about the same, but the actual ingredients and where they come from are different. Its basically a product of China now with lower quality standards. They boasted on their site about EDTA type chelation and how theirs was superior over all other fertilizers because they used non-synthetic EDTA.......then switched it up on the latest version by using the same shit they bragged about being better than "the other guy" lol. Its actually still on their website even though they changed their use to synthetic EDTA chelators. I dont have a sample bag in front of me atm though. Not trying to slam em, but I dont feel they are what they represent themselves to be anymore. Sorry for the derail @macsnax

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hey @macsnax have you done any more looking into the floraflex nutrient line. I am not married to MC but i sure like using the dry nutrient.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I believe theres a bit more thats changed. The numbers on the bag are about the same, but the actual ingredients and where they come from are different. Its basically a product of China now with lower quality standards. They boasted on their site about EDTA type chelation and how theirs was superior over all other fertilizers because they used non-synthetic EDTA.......then switched it up on the latest version by using the same shit they bragged about being better than "the other guy" lol. Its actually still on their website even though they changed their use to synthetic EDTA chelators. I dont have a sample bag in front of me atm though. Not trying to slam em, but I dont feel they are what they represent themselves to be anymore. Sorry for the derail @macsnax
No worries, I didn't catch that about the chelators. When a company starts giving up quality for profits it's usually not a good thing for the consumer. I'm gonna see how this V3 goes, but I think it may be time for a new nute line. The floraflex line had me interested, I'll have to go do some reading on it.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
What up Mac and friends, you gonna get in on the fun?
Thanks for the thought amigo, I just have my hands full atm. I appreciate it though.