Mac's lovely ladies and some dudes too

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
It does keep the lines flushed. The MC v1 would tend to congeal at the pinch point so flushing the lines was good. Yes the valve on the top. I never pull the carrot out of the substrate once set. I do occasionally reposition the tube in the pinch point to keep the tube from staying closed.
Yea @macsnax is on his first run with them as well . He has been repositioning his feed tube because of root build up that caused the carrot to not function properly. I was a little confused about the starting setting on the carrots when first setting up . However your description of cutting back to one drop hangs makes it easier to get a starting point. Any idea what your girl friend was doing differently to cause the run away issues that some growers seem to have with them.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Hey all, I have ran Blumats on two previous grows. I absolutely loved them. My GF tried them and couldn’t keep them from flooding her pots. I’ve had friends that haven’t had good experiences with them. I ran mine with MC (MegaCrop).
I used a large Husky tote for my res with a large double stone bubbler with large air pump.
I used MC v1 at the time. It tended to separate if not kept moving.

Tips:
- follow setup instructions and soak accordingly.
- Top fed once a week with microbes
- after top feed to preferred saturation bleed and reset carrots
- scrub and clean res every 1-2 weeks
- bleed last in line and work your way back towards res
- reset carrots - open drip valve all the way until flowing freely. Then tighten back down till 1 drip hangs.

With that setup and regimen I have left a 6 plant 4x8 healthy and fed on 2 week runs out of town.
I did run the res out once but nothing suffered.

I ran in botanicare coco at the time.
It does keep the lines flushed. The MC v1 would tend to congeal at the pinch point so flushing the lines was good. Yes the valve on the top. I never pull the carrot out of the substrate once set. I do occasionally reposition the tube in the pinch point to keep the tube from staying closed.
Good info, thanks for chiming in. I'm curious as well, what was causing your gf's issues?

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Yea @macsnax is on his first run with them as well . He has been repositioning his feed tube because of root build up that caused the carrot to not function properly. I was a little confused about the starting setting on the carrots when first setting up . However your description of cutting back to one drop hangs makes it easier to get a starting point. Any idea what your girl friend was doing differently to cause the run away issues that some growers seem to have with them.
Lol if I didn't mention the dial it down to a drop hanging, my bad 😕. What I was trying to explain to you was in conjuction to that. I tend to assume people are thinking like me, gets me in trouble with the wife, lol.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I just checked to give you an accurate number. Res is half full sitting at 80.2f.
I forgot actually that i run a submersible in my cloner. I was thinking the pump might heat the water up to much. I am able to keep that reservoir around 75 or lower so i should be fine with the new one for the Blumats. How often are you repositioning the feeding tubes now that you had the one root build up issue? If you were doing like @OkieBob might as well move it once a week i guess.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I forgot actually that i run a submersible in my cloner. I was thinking the pump might heat the water up to much. I am able to keep that reservoir around 75 or lower so i should be fine with the new one for the Blumats. How often are you repositioning the feeding tubes now that you had the one root build up issue? If you were doing like @OkieBob might as well move it once a week i guess.
Ya ime 80ish and hydrogaurd = good to go. I have been moving the feed tube when I remember, every 3-7 days, it's not a set schedule...... I haven't seen my plants in a few days and the lights are coming on in a few. I have separation issues, lol.

SCJedi

Synergist
I'm happy to answer any Blumat questions anyone might have. I use the plain carrots indoors and the carrots with Blusoak tape outdoors. I will say that @OkieBob covered the most pertinent info with his post. The only thing I would add is to include some H&G DripClean for good measure. I rarely have pinch clogs but if I get scared to twist/untwist a carrot I find that a light tug in both directions of the microtubing essentially unclogs anything semi-crystalline.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
I'm happy to answer any Blumat questions anyone might have. I use the plain carrots indoors and the carrots with Blusoak tape outdoors. I will say that @OkieBob covered the most pertinent info with his post. The only thing I would add is to include some H&G DripClean for good measure. I rarely have pinch clogs but if I get scared to twist/untwist a carrot I find that a light tug in both directions of the microtubing essentially unclogs anything semi-crystalline.
What is the smallest carrot? Can it be used for bonsai moms in soil? Say a pot about 2.75" x 3.75"

SCJedi

Synergist
What is the smallest carrot? Can it be used for bonsai moms in soil? Say a pot about 2.75" x 3.75"
The smallest carrot is about 5" from tip to tip. As long as the ceramic tip of the carrot is submerged in dirt it should work fine. This includes putting it in the pot from the side. That ceramic tip is only about 2-3" long.

Edit to say that there may be one a bit shorter called the "Junior" but the microtubing on it is fixed. I don't use these kinds.

71n31bXMLYL._SL1500_[1].jpg

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
The smallest carrot is about 5" from tip to tip. As long as the ceramic tip of the carrot is submerged in dirt it should work fine. This includes putting it in the pot from the side. That ceramic tip is only about 2-3" long
Thanks Jedi. Was searching around and couldn't find anything about them being used for this purpose. Good to know about it still working from the side.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy