Mac's lovely ladies and some dudes too

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
The smallest carrot is about 5" from tip to tip. As long as the ceramic tip of the carrot is submerged in dirt it should work fine. This includes putting it in the pot from the side. That ceramic tip is only about 2-3" long.

Edit to say that there may be one a bit shorter called the "Junior" but the microtubing on it is fixed. I don't use these kinds.

View attachment 22415
Do the tube on these go into a res or bucket?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I'm gonna say 10 zips for now, with an option to change that later, lol.
Mac i did check out those floraflex quick fill coco blocks . Interesting if every thing works well it sure does simplify things. Prices seem pretty reasonably as well . Keep us posted if you try them. Mac or @SCJedi any thoughts on why strait coco is better than the coco mixed with perlite. The only thing i can think of would be the perlite not holding moisture. Meaning less moisture contact with the carrot ?

SCJedi

Synergist
Mac i did check out those floraflex quick fill coco blocks . Interesting if every thing works well it sure does simplify things. Prices seem pretty reasonably as well . Keep us posted if you try them. Mac or @SCJedi any thoughts on why strait coco is better than the coco mixed with perlite. The only thing i can think of would be the perlite not holding moisture. Meaning less moisture contact with the carrot ?
The last thing that you want is moisture confusion on the part of the carrot tips. It will almost guarantee a runaway. Outdoors I use large carrots and large GS-1 recycled glass rocks as an alternative to perlite. I notice that sometimes I may need to poke a hole with the carrot and sprinkle a little bit of my LOS in it so there is moisture against the carrot tip to prevent problems.

I did my last run with pure coco and it was fine. I cannot say whether it dried out enough compared to mixing perlite but I will soon as this run I am using Tupur which has perlite mixed into coco and forest humus.

Here are a couple of good Blumat podcats that are done by Tad at KIS Organics.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Anyone checked out the floraflex quick fill coco blocks? These are fairly affordable, and since blumats recommends straight coco, I may give them a go.
Mac are you going to try the 8 Lt size pot? I think that company will do well with those pots if they work well. Those things could really shave a lot of labor and maybe cost as well. Will be looking forward seeing how they perform.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
The last thing that you want is moisture confusion on the part of the carrot tips. It will almost guarantee a runaway. Outdoors I use large carrots and large GS-1 recycled glass rocks as an alternative to perlite. I notice that sometimes I may need to poke a hole with the carrot and sprinkle a little bit of my LOS in it so there is moisture against the carrot tip to prevent problems.

I did my last run with pure coco and it was fine. I cannot say whether it dried out enough compared to mixing perlite but I will soon as this run I am using Tupur which has perlite mixed into coco and forest humus.

Here are a couple of good Blumat podcats that are done by Tad at KIS Organics.

That was my thoughts about perlite being mixed in as well. Imagine if you tried a carrot in straight perlite? Lol, it would never shut off. Great info again SC.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Mac are you going to try the 8 Lt size pot? I think that company will do well with those pots if they work well. Those things could really shave a lot of labor and maybe cost as well. Will be looking forward seeing how they perform.
I think I'm going to get a case of the 2 gallons and give them a go. Where did you see them listed in liters? Are we looking at the same thing? It sounds like it by the way you talk, but they were listed in gallons.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I think I'm going to get a case of the 2 gallons and give them a go. Where did you see them listed in liters? Are we looking at the same thing? It sounds like it by the way you talk, but they were listed in gallons.
Mac i think i saw them listed like that on their web page. FloraFlex .com . I was searching for company info on them. It is a privately held company in LA. Seems like they are holding quit a few patents . I think they will hit a home run with that coco pot. They are also putting out a 2 part dry nutrient that is supposed to be priced right. I have not looked at that yet though.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Mac i think i saw them listed like that on their web page. FloraFlex .com . I was searching for company info on them. It is a privately held company in LA. Seems like they are holding quit a few patents . I think they will hit a home run with that coco pot. They are also putting out a 2 part dry nutrient that is supposed to be priced right. I have not looked at that yet though.
I believe H is running floraflex, all green color parts. That dry nute sounds interesting.