Mac's lovely ladies and some dudes too

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
So we're still waiting on a woman here...... I'm going to write up a nice read on what has happened with cnc, the light stress and whatnot. It'll be somtime this weekend. I'll say what I've observed and we can turn it into an open discussion. Might as well turn it into a learning experience, lol. Here's some updated pics for now. 20190613_203529.jpg20190613_203353.jpg20190613_203121.jpg20190613_203056.jpg20190613_203255.jpg20190613_203205.jpg

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
So we're still waiting on a woman here...... I'm going to write up a nice read on what has happened with cnc, the light stress and whatnot. It'll be somtime this weekend. I'll say what I've observed and we can turn it into an open discussion. Might as well turn it into a learning experience, lol. Here's some updated pics for now. View attachment 10216View attachment 10217View attachment 10218View attachment 10219View attachment 10220View attachment 10221
OMG!!! I know you stated you've had some issues with her this run.But gawt damn Mac she looks scrumptous. If mine come out looking half as good as that,I'll be contempt.
Can't wait for that write up.I'll soak up any info I can on CNC.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
OMG!!! I know you stated you've had some issues with her this run.But gawt damn Mac she looks scrumptous. If mine come out looking half as good as that,I'll be contempt.
Can't wait for that write up.I'll soak up any info I can on CNC.
Thanks man, it's the "what I could of had" factor. She's still not kicking out the cream terps like she should, and that's why I love her. I'm actually doing some research on how to enhance cream terps, haven't learned shit yet though. I don't think anyone has messed with that much as of yet.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Thanks man, it's the "what I could of had" factor. She's still not kicking out the cream terps like she should, and that's why I love her. I'm actually doing some research on how to enhance cream terps, haven't learned shit yet though. I don't think anyone has messed with that much as of yet.
I stumbled onto something the other day that i thought was interesting. Kind of like adding the terps another way. www.stickyandco.com. I ordered 1 pack to try and ad more flavor to the flower before i press it. More than anything just curious how it works. I see they have a cream type flavor.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I stumbled onto something the other day that i thought was interesting. Kind of like adding the terps another way. www.stickyandco.com. I ordered 1 pack to try and ad more flavor to the flower before i press it. More than anything just curious how it works. I see they have a cream type flavor.
Interesting, and I'll keep it in mind. My issue is this bitch seems to be leaning more to the stardawg side terp wise. She is putting out the cream, just not like she usually does. Hell I might try that stuff just for the fun of it, thanks for the link.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Interesting, and I'll keep it in mind. My issue is this bitch seems to be leaning more to the stardawg side terp wise. She is putting out the cream, just not like she usually does. Hell I might try that stuff just for the fun of it, thanks for the link.
I ordered the fruit punch to try. Seems like it might have some possibility if you had some dryer material that you wanted to press. I am sure the yield would be much better if it got the material up 62% and some flavor interesting. The company is in driving distance for me maybe i will take a tour and get some samples lol.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Mac.I think certain stressors bring out character in our cultivars.The terps being "off" and leaning more towards starfawg this run could be a result of the issues she had in life.
If my run is near optimal besides the seeds,it'll be cool to see if I get the cream terps.

I know when I have less stellar runs or if I scrog,lst,supercrop etc.. of the same cultuvar the nose is similar but different at the same time.
Like one of the parent's genetics was triggered that hadn't been before on "clean" runs.

lol....bro science at it's finest right there.^^^^^

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
I ordered the fruit punch to try. Seems like it might have some possibility if you had some dryer material that you wanted to press. I am sure the yield would be much better if it got the material up 62% and some flavor interesting. The company is in driving distance for me maybe i will take a tour and get some samples lol.
There you go, samples are a great way to find what you like. Let me know what ya find out. Are you going to try to squish some like that?

Last edited:

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Mac.I think certain stressors bring out character in our cultivars.The terps being "off" and leaning more towards starfawg this run could be a result of the issues she had in life.
If my run is near optimal besides the seeds,it'll be cool to see if I get the cream terps.

I know when I have less stellar runs or if I scrog,lst,supercrop etc.. of the same cultuvar the nose is similar but different at the same time.
Like one of the parent's genetics was triggered that hadn't been before on "clean" runs.

lol....bro science at it's finest right there.^^^^^
Oh most definitly, there's more truth to that than you're giving yourself credit for. Stardawg is definitely overpowering the cream right now, usually it's the other way. Cream with a touch of chem. She looks a lil different too, but with her issue and this is being the first time flowing her under led. So I wasn't exactly how different she would be without any issues, lol. I'll get more into what I'm thinking is going on when I write up that post I mentioned this morning. These plants are rather interesting critters.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
My pops chopped his first ever crop. First two pics are fpog, second two are orange zkittlez, 5th pic is a close up of LA Affie, then the two hanging are, left Albert Supertramp, right LA Affie, last pic is banana breath. He has a few more finishing too. I realized pretty quick when he started, that he didn't like me telling him how to do shit, lol. Most of his grow I would go check on his pants, tell him what he needs to do. When I would come back he either did the opposite or something completely different. Told me a few times that if it's that hard to grow, he would just buy it, lol. Anyway he didn't listen to me about ventilation or air circulation, some of the fans have pm. So I had him bring it over to do a bud wash and hang it here so I can monitor the situation. He's a stubborn mofo. He's starting to come around and get it figured out, a little.... 20190616_090931.jpg20190616_091054.jpg20190616_091101.jpg20190616_101006.jpg20190616_101017.jpg20190616_101148.jpg

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Ok I'm going to start this by listing what happened to this plant. My cookies and chem was a reveg mother that got big over the winter. I decided to flower the seed plant one last time. She was around 45" and I pretty much cut her in half and flipped to flower. I had built a new cob led, with cxb3590's not long before this. So it was my first run with the new light. By the time stretch had stopped I only had about a foot between the light and the canopy. And I will admit I put off getting into led's because all the numbers and specs on diy led confused the fuck outta me, lol. It took a while before I understood and I doubt I have a full grip on led's, or this wouldn't have happened. So I ran the cobs at 80% for the first 7 weeks of flower, no issues. So when cnc started to fade I was thinking I was in the home stretch. Nope, today marks day 97, 33 days longer than when I usually chop her..... As she started to fade, I noticed her fans curl up, she looked stressed. It didn't take me long to figure out I was cooking her. But the damage was done. And I do know outdoor plants are accustomed to the sun getting weaker at the end of the season. She was flowered outdoors before this. I have no idea if there's a connection there, but it seems worth mentioning. So basically she became sensitive to my light towards the end. I'm positive if she handled that intensity fine for as long as she did, that this had to do with her being stressed when maturing and I'm thinking the powerful lighting was signaling that it wasn't time to finish, along with burning her. She's been recovered since I turned the lights down, shortly after this. Leaf temps were 79-81 for weeks leading up this, I check a couple times a week with a temp gun.

Do you think she's taking this long because she was repairing herself? I actually watched her repair damaged leaves that I thought were toast, and then put frost on them. I don't think I lost any leaves off of her.

Then there's the fact that she changed her expression some. She's leaning more stardawg than cookies n cream, and it's usually the opposite. I have cuts from before this happened, so if it changed her forever, I still have the good version, lol.

And it still trips me out that I didn't see any indicators before she's was like, fuck this! Hit me with your thoughts, maybe we can all learn something. I just simple haven't encountered something like this before, with the super duper extended flower time, lol. She is packing it on nicely right now, but she's not what she should have been. I'm sure I forgot to mention a few things, if a discussion spawns from this hopefully I'll remember everything...... Based on trichs, overall appearance, and almost 100 days flower, she gettin chopped wednesday, I have plants waiting for a spot, bitch needs to go. Linger... linger man, lol.

Last edited:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Mac. I read it.I'll re -read it,digest and comment.Just had to post this to say,
I have a cnc 8 days into flower. She is under cree cxb3590's also.The bar she is under is running each cob at about 75 watts. I have maybe 14" clearance to her canopy. I have more headroom if she asks for it,but for now I'll leave the light be.
It'll be cool to see it ran at least under the same light.
I think your gal being an outside gal,the all day intensity of the cobs(no sunrise ,shade,sunset etc..)coupled with the haircut and immediate flip,kinda freaked her out.
Mere speculation or stoner thought butIf that is the case,I think once ran again(if you DO have a cut of her ..not the "before" cuts,I think she'll been have adjusted and bring the original terps back.
Damn I typed more than I intended,I wanted to give your, post some thought.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Mac. I read it.I'll re -read it,digest and comment.Just had to post this to say,
I have a cnc 8 days into flower. She is under cree cxb3590's also.The bar she is under is running each cob at about 75 watts. I have maybe 14" clearance to her canopy. I have more headroom if she asks for it,but for now I'll leave the light be.
It'll be cool to see it ran at least under the same light.
I think your gal being an outside gal,the all day intensity of the cobs(no sunrise ,shade,sunset etc..)coupled with the haircut and immediate flip,kinda freaked her out.
Mere speculation or stoner thought butIf that is the case,I think once ran again(if you DO have a cut of her ..not the "before" cuts,I think she'll been have adjusted and bring the original terps back.
Damn I typed more than I intended,I wanted to give your, post some thought.
Take your time, no worries. I am crossing my fingers she isn't different after this, I have some big plans for her.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Ok I'm going to start this by listing what happened to this plant. My cookies and chem was a reveg mother that got big over the winter. I decided to flower the seed plant one last time. She was around 45" and I pretty much cut her in half and flipped to flower. I had built a new cob led, with cxb3590's not long before this. So it was my first run with the new light. By the time stretch had stopped I only had about a foot between the light and the canopy. And I will admit I put off getting into led's because all the numbers and specs on diy led confused the fuck outta me, lol. It took a while before I understood and I doubt I have a full grip on led's, or this wouldn't have happened. So I ran the cobs at 80% for the first 7 weeks of flower, no issues. So when cnc started to fade I was thinking I was in the home stretch. Nope, today marks day 97, 33 days longer than when I usually chop her..... As she started to fade, I noticed her fans curl up, she looked stressed. It didn't take me long to figure out I was cooking her. But the damage was done. And I do know outdoor plants are accustomed to the sun getting weaker at the end of the season. She was flowered outdoors before this. I have no idea if there's a connection there, but it seems worth mentioning. So basically she became sensitive to my light towards the end. I'm positive if she handled that intensity fine for as long as she did, that this had to do with her being stressed when maturing and I'm thinking the powerful lighting was signaling that it wasn't time to finish, along with burning her. She's been recovered since I turned the lights down, shortly after this. Leaf temps were 79-81 for weeks leading up this, I check a couple times a week with a temp gun.

Do you think she's taking this long because she was repairing herself? I actually watched her repair damaged leaves that I thought were toast, and then put frost on them. I don't think I lost any leaves off of her.

Then there's the fact that she changed her expression some. She's leaning more stardawg than cookies n cream, and it's usually the opposite. I have cuts from before this happened, so if it changed her forever, I still have the good version, lol.

And it still trips me out that I didn't see any indicators before she's was like, fuck this! Hit me with your thoughts, maybe we can all learn something. I just simple haven't encountered something like this before, with the super duper extended flower time, lol. She is packing it on nicely right now, but she's not what she should have been. I'm sure I forgot to mention a few things, if a discussion spawns from this hopefully I'll remember everything...... Based on trichs, overall appearance, and almost 100 days flower, she gettin chopped wednesday, I have plants waiting for a spot, bitch needs to go. Linger... linger man, lol.
I think she slowed down to a halt when she was getting cooked so there is a little time added on and then coupled with her flowering outdoor and being revegged I think she is just burnt out, literally.

She just wants to give up and die since she knows she has already did her thing once?

I've had that same type of thing happen to me in the past. The clones would be fine but the revegged mom either took longer to veg and flower or it would do weird shit that last run.

The purple pheno of black dog is a bitch like this kind of, when I had those inspections last year she went into flower after 3 days of 12/12 and she didn't want to revert for shit. Now she is a slow ass bitch, clones take weeks to bust, she takes a while to veg and she pokes her ass through flower too, lol.

But she tastes like candy so she stays.

If you got clones off that cnc I'd recommend making one a mother plant for a bit if you plan on keeping it a round for a while. Give it time to get "normal" with hormone levels and stress and what not.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Take your time, no worries. I am crossing my fingers she isn't different after this, I have some big plans for her.
Should have added, all the plants I have revegged still flowered as big or with as much resin and flavor remained the same with all the clones from those reveg plants. It was only the original reveg plant that had issues.

So any clone should be fine.