Looking for a few adventurous Canacks to try out some new gear

printer

Super Active Member
They look a lot better. You must have fed them.

I would have up-potted that bigger one quite a while ago.
I look at the roots and decide on the coverage of the sides but today is the day for it. I do not want to grow trees at this time of year either with having to dump the humid air outside. With all the other plants I am growing I will not be letting any of them get big. More like an oversized beer cup grow.

printer

Super Active Member
Glad to see the little one looking a bit happier!
It seemed like it was a goner. Nice save!
I was not going to let it die after the other two. I made a mistake in the soil I had them in to start with, a little two dense and then learned not to keep the humidity too high for two long. I watched over it like a hawk, I wanted it to pull through.

D12 since wet and all 3 LS X BW now have their roots in the nutes and are plugged in.
LS X BW 1,2,3 D12.JPG
How long do you normally veg a plant from seed before you flip to flower to sex them Budderton? I was thinking about just vegging these until they are big enough to take cuts off of then flip them to sex them and then just run the fems.

Cheers, Z.

Budderton

D12 since wet and all 3 LS X BW now have their roots in the nutes and are plugged in.
View attachment 101447
How long do you normally veg a plant from seed before you flip to flower to sex them Budderton? I was thinking about just vegging these until they are big enough to take cuts off of then flip them to sex them and then just run the fems.

Cheers, Z.
I'd say the consensus is to wait till the plant is alternating nodes on the main stalk and you can see pre flowers. 1.5-2 months. I usually clone the top and by the time it's rooted, the "bottom" is mature and starting to show pre-flowers. I sex and flower out the bottom and hold the top in veg until I figure out whether I want to keep it or not.
Alternatively, I've vegged till pre flowers show, taken cuts off the bottom and put them in the fridge, and then rooted when the parent plant showed promise in the flower room. (Usually around wk 6-7)
Flower seedlings too early can lead to inter sex problems in some strains, while others it no problem. I had it go both ways.

Budderton

View attachment 101447

Cheers, Z.
Plants look nice and healthy!

I'd say the consensus is to wait till the plant is alternating nodes on the main stalk and you can see pre flowers. 1.5-2 months. I usually clone the top and by the time it's rooted, the "bottom" is mature and starting to show pre-flowers. I sex and flower out the bottom and hold the top in veg until I figure out whether I want to keep it or not.
Alternatively, I've vegged till pre flowers show, taken cuts off the bottom and put them in the fridge, and then rooted when the parent plant showed promise in the flower room. (Usually around wk 6-7)
Flower seedlings too early can lead to inter sex problems in some strains, while others it no problem. I had it go both ways.
Now that is smart and something I have never even considered. Thanks for all the great info nuggets Budderton, I'm going to give this method a try with your very healthy looking plants. (y)
Thanks Man.gif

Madhippy

So I started an account here because of the more liberal rules on sharing seeds.
I've got a bunch of beans from some chucks I did in the spring. They are from the best of what I've hunted over the last couple yrs, selected from breeder packs bought by me.
All the moms were flowerd out at least 2 times( some many more) , under LED qp's and were selected for outstanding terps and effect, not yield (tho most were descent yielders) Male selection was through observation and experience. None of the parents showed inter-sex traits.

Meat Breath (OGKB) x Sherb Breath
Sherb Breath F2
Carls Shoes F2
Carls Shoes x Meat Breath
Crunk Boat x Carls Shoes
LA Amnesia x Lemon Slush

I have 4 packs of each chuck to offer up for testing. No strings, get to them when you're ready. Reasons for doing so are 1: to share the love with fellow Canadians, 2: to gain insight into which of these I should continue to work with, 3: get my name out a little bit.
I have pics of the moms I used ( that sounds terrible):rolleyes:
Message me if you're interested.
Thanks, peace.

Hey I posted about trying to get some seeds gifted and noticed your thread. I was wondering if you had anymore testers. I have a grow light growing a meyer lemon in my closet cause it's winter and have extra room and would love to try and grow my own smoke. If not its cool I understand you probably get hit up alot

Budderton

Hey I posted about trying to get some seeds gifted and noticed your thread. I was wondering if you had anymore testers. I have a grow light growing a meyer lemon in my closet cause it's winter and have extra room and would love to try and grow my own smoke. If not its cool I understand you probably get hit up alot
Hang out for a bit and when you get PM privileges, hit me up and I'll set you up.☮