Living Organics 100ltr Sip - GHSC Wonder Pie

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
Have you tried having your lights as high as they will go and letting the plants grow into them?
Hi mate,
I was Working on PPFD but throwing that out the window as its really not working. The plants were only receiving around 300/350 ppfd so thought "blimey I dont want to slow down growth". So going by Veg should be over 400 I thought they might want to climb up a bit but they didn't. Don't want them too lanky either as head room is a restriction in a small tent. But I have put the light right up now to see how they react. I've never really worked with something so heavy indica.
We shall see how they react.

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
VEG FOLIAR FEED

Hi all I hope the way I'm setting out these updates with the headings helpful.... anyways in my last post I mentioned my foliar feed that I apply sometimes up to 3 times a week.

I make a "leaf formula" from the Korean Natural Farming catalogue. It's a recipe that provides everything the plant needs at this time of pushing leaves out and honestly I see a visible difference the morning after using this stuff.

THE MIXTURE:

FPJ - (food) 2 parts
Fermented Plant Juice- I use stinging nettles FPJ from a local woods away from a road and full of biology. I only pick the very new growth tips from the plant that have the most growth hormones and goodies in it. Perfect for vegging plants.

BRV - (cleanser) 2 parts
Brown Rice Vinegar- holds acetic acid which steralizes and helps prevent nasties. It also helps uptake of calcium, creates a waxy layer of the leaves and all in all helps the leaves function and thicken up.

OHN - (medicine) 1 part
Oriental Herbal Nutrient - a medicinal fermented tincture that combines 5 ingredients. Once combined it helps to kill off bad nasties but most importantly it helps with reproduction of cells and the break down of foods available.

WCP - (structure) 1 part
Water Soluable Calcium Phosphate - In all honesty I don't have this one because its a pain in the ass to make but I replace this with a liquid seaweed.

FAA - (Fuel) 1 part
Fish Amino Acids - full of fats and oils such as omega 3 that all help with the growth and stimulate the absorption of calcium into the cell wall.

LABS - (Police) 1 part
Lacto Acid Bacillus Serum - this is a serum that is full of lacto bacillus an extremely beneficial microbe that helps with the break down of nutrients and foods making it accessible to the plant. Due to the extremely high numbers of lacto bacillus any other nasties can't become dominant and results in preventing bad nasties on the plant.

So if you are still with me well done and sorry if I have board you to tears.
These are all put together and kept in a glass jar and lid. Only reason is that it will evaporate from the OHN. Anyway mix this at a dilution of 1ml to a ltr and apply to your plants within 15mins of lights off. I tent to spray just before lights out.

And job done!
I hope you get the same results I do because honestly I've never seen a boost like it to my plants.

A more basic mix would be calmag + liquid 0.5ml of each to 1ltr or seaweed or calmag+ fish amino acids at the same rate.

Hope this helps... ENJOY!

Attachments

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
VEG FOLIAR FEED

Hi all I hope the way I'm setting out these updates with the headings helpful.... anyways in my last post I mentioned my foliar feed that I apply sometimes up to 3 times a week.

I make a "leaf formula" from the Korean Natural Farming catalogue. It's a recipe that provides everything the plant needs at this time of pushing leaves out and honestly I see a visible difference the morning after using this stuff.

THE MIXTURE:

FPJ - (food) 2 parts
Fermented Plant Juice- I use stinging nettles FPJ from a local woods away from a road and full of biology. I only pick the very new growth tips from the plant that have the most growth hormones and goodies in it. Perfect for vegging plants.

BRV - (cleanser) 2 parts
Brown Rice Vinegar- holds acetic acid which steralizes and helps prevent nasties. It also helps uptake of calcium, creates a waxy layer of the leaves and all in all helps the leaves function and thicken up.

OHN - (medicine) 1 part
Oriental Herbal Nutrient - a medicinal fermented tincture that combines 5 ingredients. Once combined it helps to kill off bad nasties but most importantly it helps with reproduction of cells and the break down of foods available.

WCP - (structure) 1 part
Water Soluable Calcium Phosphate - In all honesty I don't have this one because its a pain in the ass to make but I replace this with a liquid seaweed.

FAA - (Fuel) 1 part
Fish Amino Acids - full of fats and oils such as omega 3 that all help with the growth and stimulate the absorption of calcium into the cell wall.

LABS - (Police) 1 part
Lacto Acid Bacillus Serum - this is a serum that is full of lacto bacillus an extremely beneficial microbe that helps with the break down of nutrients and foods making it accessible to the plant. Due to the extremely high numbers of lacto bacillus any other nasties can't become dominant and results in preventing bad nasties on the plant.

So if you are still with me well done and sorry if I have board you to tears.
These are all put together and kept in a glass jar and lid. Only reason is that it will evaporate from the OHN. Anyway mix this at a dilution of 1ml to a ltr and apply to your plants within 15mins of lights off. I tent to spray just before lights out.

And job done!
I hope you get the same results I do because honestly I've never seen a boost like it to my plants.

A more basic mix would be calmag + liquid 0.5ml of each to 1ltr or seaweed or calmag+ fish amino acids at the same rate.

Hope this helps... ENJOY!
Are you retired or something? That seems like so much work.

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
Did you make the OHN as well?
I made nettles tea with LABS added to it, I used it a lot outside, but it is stinky Jadam style.
Did you make it KNF style?
Hey man yh I made the OHN took me the full 10 weeks following trumps guidance. Was really painstakingly long process but it's all good now. Have enough to last me years haha!

I havent touched any of Jadams stuff yet all of mine is the KNF route. My Teas are aerated teas with ammendments for that stage of growth. I think the jadam way is to soak nettles or a plant matter in water with a good soil in the water right?

The nettles I collected I turn into a FPJ a slightly different use for the nettles I'm extracting the hormones as they are such fast growers. The microbes on them are a bonus though.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Hey man yh I made the OHN took me the full 10 weeks following trumps guidance. Was really painstakingly long process but it's all good now. Have enough to last me years haha!

I havent touched any of Jadams stuff yet all of mine is the KNF route. My Teas are aerated teas with ammendments for that stage of growth. I think the jadam way is to soak nettles or a plant matter in water with a good soil in the water right?

The nettles I collected I turn into a FPJ a slightly different use for the nettles I'm extracting the hormones as they are such fast growers. The microbes on them are a bonus though.
Yep, Jadam is basic water extraction thought process with leaf mold soil, sea salt and phyllite( I used local rock dust, or basalt). I have made some using this method collecting forest soil with mycelium in it. I have also used EWC instead of leaf mold soil and added lacto serum and mollasses, the lacto takes the edge off the smell a bit, I watered a couple times with Jadam indoors, probably not going to be a regular inside, but I do like it outside for simplicity.
My tomatoes and pepper plants really liked the jadam nettles.

twobitbob

Super Active Member
It'll stink the tent out that's for sure.
I rather enjoy the smell of it outside when it is mixed and coming out of the hose, not so concentrated green manure smell and you get the hints of the cider lacto with fresh air.

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
Yep, Jadam is basic water extraction thought process with leaf mold soil, sea salt and phyllite( I used local rock dust, or basalt). I have made some using this method collecting forest soil with mycelium in it. I have also used EWC instead of leaf mold soil and added lacto serum and mollasses, the lacto takes the edge off the smell a bit, I watered a couple times with Jadam indoors, probably not going to be a regular inside, but I do like it outside for simplicity.
My tomatoes and pepper plants really liked the jadam nettles.
Like it! I've just started something similar, I have a second plant in the tent I want to created into a spear like single colar, anyway all the side sides and leaves growing from that I just shoved in some water with a little em1 and some dirt it's already looking lovely but can see what everyone means about the smell. I got the idea originally from Okcalyx he does alot of similar stuff. I've been reading and it says dilute 1ml to a litre so must be pretty strong stuff!
I like the idea of canabalising 1 plant for another.

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
Aparently it has all the thing it needs as your rapidly breaking down the same plant so it's la like for like kind of thing. The FPJ all smell like an alcoholic ferment thing but I've never tested their ppm or pH. Might do that sometime this week.

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
WEEK 5 Veg

So now we are getting into the part where everything starts getting big quick! The roots are well and truelly in the reservoir as I can see the lovely white roots down the filler pipe.

The last couple of days she has put on a hell of alot of mass and started to stretch upwards all at an even pace and canopy. By raising the light and lowering the intensity really worked well. Internode spacing is currently around 1" will be nice to keep that at flower as well.

For now though I will continue to let her grow up before I put the netting over the top. I've still got another 4/5 weeks before I can flip to flower so if she carries on I'm gunna need to put the breaks on her with some training of some sort.

Everything is going well as can be at the begining of the week its time for watering and feeding, on the menu this week:

10ltrs + Em1 to the reservoir.
Leaf formula foliar spray once/twice during the week.
Top watered with some fish amino, calmag and soil formula.

Attachments

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
WEEK 6 FLIPPED!

I think she has come a very long way with 5 weeks of veg

So I have had to make a change in the plans! Originally I was going to flip her to 12/12 after my holiday but she wasn't going to wait that long so I took the decision to go now so I can get the stretch out the way before I go. She was just getting way too big in the tent!

It's been a really busy couple of days. I've stripped the plants completely only only leaving the first 3/4 nodes with foliar and only the very top big fans. Counting a total of 50 tops but that number looks to go down before the end of stretch.

I've filled the res with 12ltrs of water with em1. I also removed all of my woods bark so I could properly top dress with my bloom blend, Worm castings, dried hemp stems, extra bat guano and palm tree ash. I then put the bark back on. No more top dress now until later on in flower.

I did a little super crop In areas and a net will go on by next week. Let's see what happens next. I'll be foliar spraying throughout stretch with a pre-flower fomular.

Attachments

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
You got a nice, healthy plant going there.
Have you ever covered your SIP tote with white/black panda film?
Helps reflect a small amount of photons and should help microbe and fungi production.
Toss some mushroom spores in before you leave. lol
Hey man thankyou very much 😊.
That is a very good shout and something I have been thinking of just never knew what to use especially coming into flower it will help keep that humidity down. I'm from the UK and panda film is pretty much none existent. I'd love to get anything like the earthbox lids with the ease of being able to pull it off as I do still liquids from the top occasionally. Started with a black bag and tape but that was pretty useless!

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
Wk7 STRETCH!
(1st week flower)

So it's been a pretty boring week and Will probably be like that for the next couple of weeks.

Nothing new added. She refused to do anything all last week apart from bush out which is expected in the "transition week" I don't count this as flower. This will be the begining of 1st week of flower.

She is healthy and taking on roughly 4ltrs a day and has just began her stretch putting on around 1" a day which is a relief as she is still only 30cm from top of pot to canopy.

I installed a net half way through the week and pulled branches up into position its a shame the really tonk ends to the main branches are lagging behind. I've pulled them all up but just 1 is being a little ars. Anyway all is happy and I will continue to organise them as I go.

Tomorrow another 12ltrs will be added to the res still adding em1 and foliar every other day with flower formula.

Lights are now at about 40cm from the canopy producing 890ppfd from the lumatek 465w pro 2.7.

Attachments

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
Wk8 Flower
(2nd week of flower day 15)

So this week has been another quiet week. I have been pinching out big fan leaves that are cover multiple tops to persuade even growth over the canopy. I have also cleaned out under her skirt a bit more to get rid of the unwanted and wasted growth.

Only water with EM1 has been added to the res over the week she is currently drinking up to 6ltrs a day and growing around an inch taller in a 24hour period.

I noticed a bad stagnant smell coming from the res so have added some lacto bacillus serum which should help that settle. Although the plant isn't complaining bad smells normally means bad microbes which in numbers are very bad.
She is showing alot of pistols now and I'd expect to see bud sites prominent by end of the week mind you I don't actually think she has fully started to stretch yet!

I'm keeping an eye on her closely as next week I am away and was hoping that stretch would have come and gone by now. We will see!!

This week I plan to add some water soluable calcium and an alfalfa seed sprout tea.

I've started to drop my humidity down every couple of days to simulate change and have my light set at 40cm

Attachments