Living Organics 100ltr Sip - GHSC Wonder Pie

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
Hi to all that stop by! Thankyou for taking the time to pop in.

Completely new to chuckersparadise but thought I'd pop in a document my grow, keep a little diary to look back on and to share with the community.

As the name suggests I work with living soil and recently started introducing KNF (Korean natural farming) into my grow. This is the first time back growing these girls for about 2 years and I am definitely a little rusty!

So genetics I'll be running Green house seeds original It was Persian pie but the seeds weren't fantastic and that was a fail. So now it is wonder pie on the menu. So far all I can say is that the phenos are very bushy, squat and heavy indica.

You will be joining me on the second week of true veg. (4weeks from emerging from soil. I have just fimmed, would normally top but I want to see how she reacts. Now for a little training.

I have up potted 3 times (1ltr - 7.5ltr - 100ltr) and now she resides in her final 100ltr SIP (sub irrigation planter) 100ltrs of Soil and a 30ltr res its sitting on. Its a home made mix of soils and ammendments I can do a recipe if people are keen.

The plan - veg for 9 weeks total this Is due to a badly planned holiday. Once I'm back its game on to flower. Lots of training to fill the entire trellis net ill be using. In other words one hench plant. Target 500g

Set up:

Home box 1m×1m×2m
5" intake
6" extraction with phresh filter
Controlled through a G.A.S AC/EC controller
465W lumatek zeus
Ram 5ltr humidifier
Ink bird IBS-TH3
Homemade SIP

I've made alot of the KNF inputs that I'll be using through the grow, FPJ, LAB, WSC, OHN, SEA, FAA, BRV. I think that's all of them!

I will also be using compost Teas and seed sprout teas I have already made a Seedling tea and applied. And working on my first SST with barley.

Anyway enough for the first message anyone's got this far thankyou for listening there is alot to catch up with! Please join ne for the ride.

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Welcome. Several living soil growers on here (I am one), and a few KNF guru's (I am not one) you can bounce ideas off of. I made LABs and a few ferments and was gifted some FAA and OHN. But I don't belong to any cult. I am aiming for as much homemade/local stuff as I can use but I do have an account at build-a-soil :sneaky:

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
Welcome. Several living soil growers on here (I am one), and a few KNF guru's (I am not one) you can bounce ideas off of. I made LABs and a few ferments and was gifted some FAA and OHN. But I don't belong to any cult. I am aiming for as much homemade/local stuff as I can use but I do have an account at build-a-soil :sneaky:
Hey dude. Nice to meet you :)
I was on 420 for a good long time but a friend suggested here so fresh start fresh journal! KNF is really new to me but I'm liking it so far but only touching the tip of the iceberg. Thanks for joing me :)

twobitbob

Super Active Member
Working with living soil here too.
There are a lot of acronyms between KNF and Jadam It gets hard to keep em straight BIM=IMO...no?

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
Howdy ho and welcome to chuckers @LivingOrganics.
Great looking setup but I got to ask why the vent/fill/sight pipe on your SIP is so tall? Did you do that on purpose so you can eventually tie/train your plant to it?

Good luck on this grow!
I wish it was for something really fancy or even technical. Simple fact is I have been lazy and haven't cut it down! Still not watering from the bottom yet but next week will be the first fill!

Thanks for stopping by :)

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
Working with living soil here too.
There are a lot of acronyms between KNF and Jadam It gets hard to keep em straight BIM=IMO...no?
Yh dude really wanna rock with IMO but I left it too late in the season and both my collections failed unfortunately. Next spring im going all out on the IMO front! I did however try and introduce some BIM to the soil through soil collections but it's kinda not the same.
Soon! Very soon

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
WEEK 3 VEG

Start of the 3rd week in veg and she has doubled in size after being put in the final container. Today I cleared out the mass of leaves covering the middle and trained her arms out. She is properly knuckling up at the joints and branches are thick for her age. I'm making it so it have 8 evenly spaced branches and 2 for the middle to fill the trellis when it's installed.

I top watered with barley Seed sprout tea and added the mashed up barley to the mulche layer for the worms. This is full enzymes goodies and most importantly gibberellins a growth promoting stimulant.

Res has also been filled for the first time. 10ltrs of un chlorinated water with horsetail activated Em1.

Attachments

LivingOrganics

LivingOrganics
WEEK4 VEG

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

As you can see she has responded by the training I topped all the main branches during the week for her to start sending some more tops up and she certainly did that!

I've had to remove a good handful of tops that were trapped under the canopy and waisting energy.

I have stopped difoliating for the time being as this plant seems to pause growth and focus on re-vegging before it carries on growing.

The plant wants to stay Completely squat and very bushy so now I have the tops I wanted I have turned the light back down to 50% and raised it to 1mtr above the canopy to hopefully Incourage some stretching out!

Not much else done this week apart from a compost tea and a few foliar feeds (I'll go into the foliar on another post) when lights turn off. Compost tea Recipe is attached I put in about 5ltrs of diluted tea into the soil.
The other plant is the (experiment) as I wanted to see how this plant grows without any fuckery I must say I like the structure and loving some true 11 tip indica leaves coming out. Its going to be a real challenge keeping her healthy the whole 9 weeks of veg in only a 12ltr pot.

All in all everyone is going good and she is enjoying the sub irrigation planter and I have to give top marks to the lumatek 465w zeus pro, it's overkill but smashing this tent.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 2835

WEEK4 VEG

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

As you can see she has responded by the training I topped all the main branches during the week for her to start sending some more tops up and she certainly did that!

I've had to remove a good handful of tops that were trapped under the canopy and waisting energy.

I have stopped difoliating for the time being as this plant seems to pause growth and focus on re-vegging before it carries on growing.

The plant wants to stay Completely squat and very bushy so now I have the tops I wanted I have turned the light back down to 50% and raised it to 1mtr above the canopy to hopefully Incourage some stretching out!

Not much else done this week apart from a compost tea and a few foliar feeds (I'll go into the foliar on another post) when lights turn off. Compost tea Recipe is attached I put in about 5ltrs of diluted tea into the soil.
The other plant is the (experiment) as I wanted to see how this plant grows without any fuckery I must say I like the structure and loving some true 11 tip indica leaves coming out. Its going to be a real challenge keeping her healthy the whole 9 weeks of veg in only a 12ltr pot.

All in all everyone is going good and she is enjoying the sub irrigation planter and I have to give top marks to the lumatek 465w zeus pro, it's overkill but smashing this tent.
Have you tried having your lights as high as they will go and letting the plants grow into them?