Let’s talk bubble hash

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
The freeze dryer has no filter. (that I know of...LOL!) It's a closed system. I even splurged for the pump that doesn't require oil changes. You just program it and push the button. At the end of the cycle you release the pressure and then you can open the door. Then you do a 2 hour defrost that takes the frost off the metal casing inside....and it drains a cup or so of water into a catch bucket. Done.

I have the entire bub process down to where it's pretty easy for me. I got out the shit...did those 3 runs...cleaned up everything and did it all between 9 AM and 11. There's a good 3 ounces if not a QP there. I think that's time well spent myself.

@NoWaistedSpace .... For sift we used to ghetto it with a Pringles can with a panty hose covering the end...and shake. I know there are stacked units with varying micron screens out there as well that might help you out. To try to press the shit hard enough to keep it on the needle...I'd send you my mandrel to press pucks if you are interested. I doubt I'll ever use it. Never tried to make hash-under-glass type chunk with it...but it'll press stuff fairly hard in a small vice. Press/wait/press/wait/etc.
View attachment 132361
I used women's knee high panty hose with a Whey body building protein container at GNC.You could adjust the particle size by how much you put in the hose. I'd stick a muscle massager vibrator, had a suction cup that would stick to the lid. I still have it around here somewhere. I still use the vibrator inside the tote sifter.
I know, I know
Fucking old people! lol
Been watching Sambo Creek's youtube channel.
Plasma-static tech is the future.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
The few times I've accompanied friends from out-of-town to the dispensaries I noted the lack of kief/bubble and the dominance of the BHO products....so i asked WTF was up with that. Why you only sell shit that kills folks 30 years down the line? LOL.
They can't assembly line bubble that's why the taint is preferred. Bubble needs some care that they can't affordably provide...i.e. too much work for the coin.

I like it like that, lol....I'm not gonna be their biggest customer anyway :)

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Do the resin heads float or sink to the bottom quickly? There's a tiny "oil like" film that collects on top of the water, what is that?
I'm trying different ways to wash this stuff. I have a washer and (cheap)bubble bags.
I'm trying different ways to dry sift.
What is the particles that float in the air when shaken?
Fats and lipids or plant matter?
Static, what could you make that the "heads only" stick to a surface, so you could just blow the other particles away?
Or in the reverse method.
This plasma stuff sound promising.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Do the resin heads float or sink to the bottom quickly? There's a tiny "oil like" film that collects on top of the water, what is that?
I'm trying different ways to wash this stuff. I have a washer and (cheap)bubble bags.
Static, what could you make that the "heads only" stick to a surface, so you could just blow the other particles away?
Or in the reverse method.
This plasma stuff sound promising.
I tried the static thing and couldn't figure out which pile to keep - the stuff that stuck or the stuff that didn't. Maybe I had good starting material but after I was done both piles looked the same.

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I'm practicing with old material and is mostly crushed so much, it's hard to separate.
Ran through a 120 micron steel screen and I took a stainless-steel bowl and wire wheeled tiny scratches/grooves in it like a record.
A vibrating "tilt as you turn" idea.
What should stick in the grooves?
Heads, garbage?
Hopefully just heads. lol
If I could find a way to apply static so the heads only will stick?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm practicing with old material and is mostly crushed so much, it's hard to separate.
Ran through a 120 micron steel screen and I took a stainless-steel bowl and wire wheeled tiny scratches/grooves in it like a record.
Heads, garbage?
Here's "my truth" - unless it's for sale it only has to be good enough for you. If it's not "full melt", well, neither is that spectacular bong-rip I just took or that joint I smoked.

Full melt is a point for either pride or price point. If you dab dry sift that's not "full melt" then you have to clean out your banger of the stuff that didn't burn. If you are worried about it being dab-able press it. Then you do best with the 220m work-sift then running it through a 35m or less bag. Get all those terps.

I do lots of small plants from seed, so every plant could be a winner or not. I probably get a few grams of sift from each plant and I keep it separate until the bud cures. I like to try it with it's flower since I have some OCD tendencies. If there's some left after the next batch of flowers is hanging it goes in a jar to press or decarb later.

D

Deleted member 60

Heads, garbage?
That's a hard row to hoe. Once everything is basically dry dust...it's impossible to separate a miniscule trich head from a miniscule piece of leaf....or dirt...or anything else.

At least I never found a way to do it. The best way is to not let the green in from the get-go no matter which extraction method you use.

Even bubble hash suffers if you use dried mater/rehydrate it vs. fresh/frozen. It's "hash"...but the chances of it being quantity over quality type hash goes wayyy up. Green hash/kief means there's as much plant matter...or more....as there are trichs in it....whether sifted or ran through the bags.

Always makes me chuckle...'er...cringe when I see someone sportin their hash take/weighing up a big plop like it's "00" with a gold seal on it...and sadly...it's just a green blob.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Do the resin heads float or sink to the bottom quickly?
They sink like a rock. Pelle Polare makes stainless false bottoms for your bucket. The idea being that the heads sink and get protected underneath it. https://pellepolareco.com/store.php#!/Stainless-Steel-False-Bottom/p/297324909/category=145923531

There's a tiny "oil like" film that collects on top of the water, what is that?
Not sure what that is exactly but I see it when I wash my weed

Plant matter
If it's dry and crumbly...crumble it up and use your bubble bags dry. Shake thru the 160.....toss what is in the bag. Take what came thru and sift it thru the 73 bag...........keep what that bag holds. You can tighten up your kief or dry ice sift the same way.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Here's "my truth" - unless it's for sale it only has to be good enough for you. If it's not "full melt", well, neither is that spectacular bong-rip I just took or that joint I smoked.

Full melt is a point for either pride or price point. If you dab dry sift that's not "full melt" then you have to clean out your banger of the stuff that didn't burn. If you are worried about it being dab-able press it. Then you do best with the 220m work-sift then running it through a 35m or less bag. Get all those terps.

I do lots of small plants from seed, so every plant could be a winner or not. I probably get a few grams of sift from each plant and I keep it separate until the bud cures. I like to try it with it's flower since I have some OCD tendencies. If there's some left after the next batch of flowers is hanging it goes in a jar to press or decarb later.
For sure unless you’re trying to be successful in a commercial state like Michigan, Cali, Colorado, you’re competing against some of the best concentrate in the world and any type of rosin or hash product you produce has to be top tier color and flavor.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
For sure unless you’re trying to be successful in a commercial state like Michigan, Cali, Colorado, you’re competing against some of the best concentrate in the world and any type of rosin or hash product you produce has to be top tier color and flavor.
I've never tried any top tier anything, I try and make all these different ways, but it's average maybe. I'm not a huge bfan of concentrtates, but if someone sent me some top tier, I'd surely try it, just to see how much farther I need to go .
I know this sifting out resin heads only. Water hash is 10x's easier.
It would take 1/2 my harvest to make a batch of live bubble.
I've been temped.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
You missed my qualifier
I agree with you guys 100%, it’s most important you enjoy your own products at home, and the small details don’t really matter as much. My rosin at home is far from perfect, it’s basically made with dry sift.
The color and such is really only a concern for those with licensed facilities trying to compete in legal markets with major competition.
The fact some of you guys invested in freeze driers is really impressive and I applaud you all for doing what you enjoy :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I agree with you guys 100%, it’s most important you enjoy your own products at home, and the small details don’t really matter as much. My rosin at home is far from perfect, it’s basically made with dry sift.
The color and such is really only a concern for those with licensed facilities trying to compete in legal markets with major competition.
The fact some of you guys invested in freeze driers is really impressive and I applaud you all for doing what you enjoy :)
If you've already cleaned it up as dry-sift before pressing, play with the temps. You can barbeque the stuff low and slow and get a fantastic product that keeps a lot of the terps.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You can press flower as well, but I think the veg matter soaks up al the oil it can before releasing the rest. That's why using those pucks for RSO is always a great return.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Some of us are on a different level. Has nothing to with years of experience.
It was my first, kinda, sorta, love,
Different type of love, than those
"Little Ditti bout Jack and Diane" moments in history. lol
We're hardwired different than others.
Does that make sense?

Your seeds were good.
Like Slowdrool ( :coffee: :ROFLMAO: ) said,
grew some nice flowers.
I am happy with the results; besides a few hiccups, it turned out beautiful.
Sorry, almost forgot why I'm here.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Some of us are on a different level. Has nothing to with years of experience.
It was my first, kinda, sorta, love,
I was never around any kind of hash culture.
If you got weed you smoked it. No one made hash from it, that's just crazy talk when you have a drought.
and I wasn't in an import area where you could get good hash.
But my quest for the best flower is the same as your quest for the best hash - I dig that.
I made a few hash balls from bubble, working it with the hot water bottle like Frenchy showed us.
In the end because I was never a hash smoker it was just a novelty. I did it a little but never got into smoking the product.
But the dry sift is something I can enjoy in everything, or can decarb it and go that route.