Let’s talk bubble hash

D

Deleted member 60

Awesome @BigBallzWillie. Can't wait to see your efforts come to fruition.

I washed out a 25 gal container I've used as a res...a tea brewer...and more....and got 3 runs out of it. Still only filled 2 of the 4 trays in the Freeze dryer. As I've said previously...Harvest Right would kill it if they made a unit that was smaller/had maybe 2 shelves...or less. Most folks aren't gonna be able to fill 4 trays. That'd be a sizeable run, for sure. Oh my.

Appreciate the take/push/etc. Definitely made the entire process easier to have the water ready rather than funneling buckets in/out of the house/etc. And the clean up from the washer between runs was far easier as well.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I will either use the mason jars (2 oz) They hold a big fat 45 gram ball
71icIFNnu6L._AC_SX569_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg
Or this other style i love.

61D2GXPj18L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
And i will use either without the lid to decarb my trim bin kief in the Ardent FX (Fill them up, put a few buds down and stack them in the ardent, the buds are to prevent the jar from smashing when it falls :D and i eat them later)

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
The few times I've accompanied friends from out-of-town to the dispensaries I noted the lack of kief/bubble and the dominance of the BHO products....so i asked WTF was up with that. Why you only sell shit that kills folks 30 years down the line? LOL.

I was told it's about moisture and molds. NOTHING will grow in the Tain-ted fare. Nothing. The kief and bub are succeptable to both....so there's not a huge push to fill the shelves with em...even here in the arid West. I can only imagine how easily bub would mold in high humidity areas.

And returns are different. Yer gonna get more...of whatever it is in there...by volume...using the taint-ed than with using water.

Such is why the freeze dryer is so nice. Only a hash snob could tell the didfference between the 120 and the 73 after it runs through the FD. Fuckin shit ALL looks so very nice....

I'm already sold on using cold water.... no ice. You can just see in the color of the water that it's far more gentle and is only grabbing the goodness.

Old dog. New tricks. Woof.
Fucking old people! lol
Keep holding tricks up our sleeves, while we watch the world try to catch up.
I can make "full melt" dry sift hash with a small selection of "modified" stainless steel bowls, pans. and a paintbrush.
No screens needed.
I agree with HAF about the terp loss.
Anyone tried skimming the oil off the top of the water after you wash for hash?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yeah we are getting the Alchemist dry ice instrument at our facility it’s really cool.
I still like to smoke hash with a needle, cardboard and a glass,
but if it's too pure, it bubbles and melts off the needle.
I do use a 18 gal tote with a screen 1/2 way down in the inside for the starting base material.
Problem I have is when dry sifting, the particles get in the air and my glasses get a layer of resin heads stuck to them.
I need to make a vacuum with a type of filter to catch the airborne stuff in the area. If I would just put the lid on, right? lol
I think those freeze dryers have some kind of filter, don't the?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I ran some kief from my keif tromel through a couple bags to see how it water washed. Cleans up well. About 40% was held by the 250bag. This is what made it to the 25.
Started with this. Just some dry heads from last year.
72107080545__76C06C92-4236-46FE-AA0B-886B633E956C.jpeg
72107154455__EEDFAB8D-E3FE-4BA2-8B2B-90B87FDFEBD7.jpeg
Turned into this.
All dry now. Will go most likely go into some edibles.
72107178324__4DBAA906-222B-486B-BD85-F02EA65A213D.jpeg

D

Deleted member 60

The freeze dryer has no filter. (that I know of...LOL!) It's a closed system. I even splurged for the pump that doesn't require oil changes. You just program it and push the button. At the end of the cycle you release the pressure and then you can open the door. Then you do a 2 hour defrost that takes the frost off the metal casing inside....and it drains a cup or so of water into a catch bucket. Done.

I have the entire bub process down to where it's pretty easy for me. I got out the shit...did those 3 runs...cleaned up everything and did it all between 9 AM and 11. There's a good 3 ounces if not a QP there. I think that's time well spent myself.

@NoWaistedSpace .... For sift we used to ghetto it with a Pringles can with a panty hose covering the end...and shake. I know there are stacked units with varying micron screens out there as well that might help you out. To try to press the shit hard enough to keep it on the needle...I'd send you my mandrel to press pucks if you are interested. I doubt I'll ever use it. Never tried to make hash-under-glass type chunk with it...but it'll press stuff fairly hard in a small vice. Press/wait/press/wait/etc.
DSC_4118.JPG

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I still like to smoke hash with a needle, cardboard and a glass,
but if it's too pure, it bubbles and melts off the needle.
I do use a 18 gal tote with a screen 1/2 way down in the inside for the starting base material.
Problem I have is when dry sifting, the particles get in the air and my glasses get a layer of resin heads stuck to them.
I need to make a vacuum with a type of filter to catch the airborne stuff in the area. If I would just put the lid on, right? lol
I think those freeze dryers have some kind of filter, don't the?
me just all ,ears more info