Let’s talk bubble hash

D

Deleted member 60

Gotta give a lot of the credit to the Harvest Right freeze dryer. A definite game changer on the drying process. 24 hours and yer done. Was powdery when I took it out but with the slight bit of humidity here (20%) it takes on a taffy/bendable consistency for a few weeks before fully drying out. Back East a guy might wanna go ahead and vac seal it with the moisture control packet...but here in the West it never takes on moisture.

Yummy stuff to be sure.

D

Deleted member 60

Onward, through the hash fog...

I sat 25 gallons of well water on the table overnight. It was 22F this AM. Ran all of this with no ice. Ice went in with the water....but damn...it was already cold with some ice on top when I started. I like. Nice/gold/yellow goo abounds....

The set up
DSC_4104.JPG
5 gal on bottom...draining. 3 gals with bags in each......
DSC_4105.JPG
Psychedelic spinnin'...
DSC_4107.JPG
The results:

Black Lemon Cake
DSC_4108.JPG
Cherry Fucker =.2 piles up top....C99 x headbanger = 2 piles on bottom

DSC_4109.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
i've watched several he was all about the hash ,till the washing machine hit.
I've put away the bags. There are terpenes/cannabinoids that are water soluble. Case closed. As soon as I found that out (I thought they were all oily) I went to just dry-sift.

If you get stainless mesh screens for sifting, or the top notch screen-printing style frames they can stand up to repeated alcohol cleaning.

But I don't think it will ever replace water hash for mass production.

D

Deleted member 60

I had a motorized tumbled a friend made/gave me that I used for years. 5 gallon bucket...sides carefully/almost completely cut out and replaced by 90 micron SS screen. It sat on a wooden stand and was powered by a BBQ grill rotisserre motor. You know...that sound...LOL. Worked well. I still have the mandrel made from machined aluminum that we'd use to press "pucks" with in the vice. Good fun but I like doing the bubble far more.

Both are very clean methods to snag the trichs....and both are far superior, IMO, to any butainted shit out there. Eeeewww that taste. You can't rid it fully. The only solvent based material I'd smoke is CO2 extract....and I see no need. The bub is damn near as strong without all of the fuckery and cool cat, fad-based shit. It just is what it is...and it works.

I can't even visualize what it would be like/how long it would take to sift 40 pounds of trim....LOL.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They use a humongous tumbler the last 10 minutes of the video.
It's also the end user part of the equation. Kief is not looked at like a concentrate. People aren't buying it to dab, and anyone that has flower can stick a kief screen in the grinder and do a little collecting.

Water hash is actual work even for a little bit, so it's easier to do large quantities because the work is the same.

I would think that static electricity would be fucking outrageous to deal with in a dry-sift packaging facility LOL

D

Deleted member 60

The few times I've accompanied friends from out-of-town to the dispensaries I noted the lack of kief/bubble and the dominance of the BHO products....so i asked WTF was up with that. Why you only sell shit that kills folks 30 years down the line? LOL.

I was told it's about moisture and molds. NOTHING will grow in the Tain-ted fare. Nothing. The kief and bub are succeptable to both....so there's not a huge push to fill the shelves with em...even here in the arid West. I can only imagine how easily bub would mold in high humidity areas.

And returns are different. Yer gonna get more...of whatever it is in there...by volume...using the taint-ed than with using water.

Such is why the freeze dryer is so nice. Only a hash snob could tell the didfference between the 120 and the 73 after it runs through the FD. Fuckin shit ALL looks so very nice....

I'm already sold on using cold water.... no ice. You can just see in the color of the water that it's far more gentle and is only grabbing the goodness.

Old dog. New tricks. Woof.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I've put away the bags. There are terpenes/cannabinoids that are water soluble. Case closed. As soon as I found that out (I thought they were all oily) I went to just dry-sift.

If you get stainless mesh screens for sifting, or the top notch screen-printing style frames they can stand up to repeated alcohol cleaning.

another learning tool thanks!H.A.F. Seems like i am behind on equipment to do this the right way
Gotta give a lot of the credit to the Harvest Right freeze dryer. A definite game changer on the drying process. 24 hours and yer done. Was powdery when I took it out but with the slight bit of humidity here (20%) it takes on a taffy/bendable consistency for a few weeks before fully drying out. Back East a guy might wanna go ahead and vac seal it with the moisture control packet...but here in the West it never takes on moisture.

Yummy stuff to be sure.
me ia'm still learning for this forum and the members!learning a lot more here than, the other forums from hell i went thru to get here!

D

Deleted member 60

Same here. I've been using ice...and following the advice given along the way (historically...not on last week's Podcast...LOL) that you can't have too much ice. Now i see that advice was...um...a bit off. Still works kill...but from just this one run I can tell no ice rules....and fuck is it ever easier in my set up. Since I don't use a bag IN the washer...the mix of ice cubes and wet weed is 1. Cold as fuck to drag out of there with yer hands 2. A waste of ice...especially if yer like me and are just dumpin trays/saving it out of the icemaker in the fridge. Takes a bit of time to get LOTS of ice. Good to know I don't have to fuck with that...unless...yes...it's Summer time. then it'll be back to the old ways. Will likely do a few huge runs at the end of the cold weather here (May...LOL) to avoid such things...

So THANKS for the schoolin'........yup.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer

It also takes a lot of work to get dry sift to be melt. You can do it....static tech etc.

But a live plant wash is SO EASY to prevent chloraphil from getting into the end product. You can abuse it with an oar and a Brute and get very good quality hash.
The terps are still fire. You lose a lot less from a live wash.

And i mean..get the water and ice ready... CHOP and strip into the brute...wash. Frenchy was right it is THE BEST way.

I use air dried. I have time.
25 45 220 220 for outdoor. ;)

IMG_1056.jpeg
IMG_1062.jpeg

D

Deleted member 60

I dunno. I quit weighing drugs when the $$$ left the building. There was a gallon and a half zip full of Black Lemon Cake nugs. 2 full bags of Cindy and another bag and a half of the Cherry Fucker. I probably have 35 bags left...LOL.

I don't usually weigh the hash either. Even with the FD it never fully dries for awhile because it sucks up moisture from the atmosphere as soon as it hits the air. I just dropped that top right pile of Cherry Fucker on the scale and it weighs 38 grams. Gonna say about a pound...'er..ounce....LOL. Already getting that taffy gig goin' Yum.

Anyone questioning "bubble" terps needs to smell this shit. The quicker dry period sets them in place well. No loss from oxidation/being exposed to the air for weeks/a month+. The Cherry Fucker has an edge the bud just doesn't have. Yum.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It also takes a lot of work to get dry sift to be melt. You can do it....static tech etc.

But a live plant wash is SO EASY to prevent chloraphil from getting into the end product. You can abuse it with an oar and a Brute and get very good quality hash.
The terps are still fire. You lose a lot less from a live wash.

And i mean..get the water and ice ready... CHOP and strip into the brute...wash. Frenchy was right it is THE BEST way.

I use air dried. I have time.
25 45 220 220 for outdoor. ;)

View attachment 132287
View attachment 132288
Nice haul, and I can dig it. But how do you smoke that? Only decent way I have found is a flower lined chillum with lots of little hash balls, but once you get it going it's a party event rather than a daily driver type thing right? Hash snakes in joints, or hookah's or whatever. It's just not my thing.

Dry-sift as a bowl topper, especially if its from the same flower you are smoking can be a real mood enhancer ;)

But rather than static tek to get full melt (that's some OCD right there) I have a nug-smasher. Pressing dry sift you can use super low temps compared to flower so you can pull rosin from clear to golden to dark amber - whatever flavor you like.

Aside from a dab rig I also have some "hot-stick" hash bowls. The hollow ones with the holes at the top of the bowl, where you dip the torched glass rod into the bowl to vaporise the dab. For me this seems a lot less crack-head-like than the dab-rig and torch set-up. and much easier to clean.
1700098061125.png

D

Deleted member 60

Nice @gwheels. That's a decent load right there. I'd urge you to try a run w/o the ice. I'm sold. This last batch here is the cleanest I've ever ran.

Nobody asked...but I'll tell ya anyway...I use a no-frills beaker bong here. It's amazing how clean the water stays. It's fun to drop a few ice cubes in the stem here/there as well. Got on "DHGate" Va-CHINA website and bought 4 -14" clear bongs for $20 each. Same bong at the glass shop in town is $65. Fuck that.

No big chunks. I find that it burns/gets black/kinda gets to be "just smoke" (like packing a big ass bowl of flower) if I do that...so I tend to do smaller pieces and try to burn em up in one rip. Yum. And yes...daily driver. I just can't smoke flower after smoking hash and seeing how clean it can be. If I take ONE TOKE of flower in my bong...the water gets as dirty as if I left in in there for 3 weeks smoking hash in it multiple times per day. Yer lungs look like that too.

I'm not a fan of dabs/heating something and applying product to it. I'm old school flame-based. The heated up dab rod/bowl/etc. and dropping a drop in/touching the rod to something red hot totally changes the taste for me...and not for the better. It's like the handheld vape. All tastes the fuckin' same...and the high is different/isn't as noticeable/isn't satisfying for me. IMO, it's good if you need to be discreet...and if you can get somewhere to get high after you use it. LOL. Not my thing.

The last time I enjoyed heating shit up like that was "hot knives" with black hash in the 80's...LOL... Definitely a few lungs ago....Heehee....